Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Ohh, Thief and Deus Ex. Lucky you... ;)
    I got Deus Ex for about $20 from Amazon and it was brand new in the shrink wrap! Both Thief games were from eBay for around $30 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I plan to get the Diablo battlechest.
    Be sure to get the older version from eBay. The newer one doesn't have the original Diablo in it.
    Last edited by Frostbite; 18-02-2013 at 08:00 AM.

I borrowed a phone to shoot my PC game box collection, so here it is. The closeups have all the games listed in the descriptions.

A preview:

Visual C++ 6.0? How's the final boss?

Seriously, that's an awesome collection there. I guess I should put some of these on my list.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Visual C++ 6.0? How's the final boss?

Seriously, that's an awesome collection there. I guess I should put some of these on my list.
    Final boss? I could never get past "HELLO WORLD."
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Activated Node
    You have so many games I want! Great collection! And you have an IBM Model M! I have the Unicomp version. For some reason I love beige computer components.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
    Be sure to get the older version from eBay. The newer one doesn't have the original Diablo in it.
    Does the cover look any different? The last time I saw it, I think it has the original Diablo as well. Costs about RM89 or in real money terms, $28 I think
    Art blog here.

Stuffed with pokemon doodles. And arse. Enter at your own risk.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Does the cover look any different? The last time I saw it, I think it has the original Diablo as well. Costs about RM89 or in real money terms, $28 I think
    Yes, the older one has 4 box arts (Diablo + Diablo 2 + LoD + Prima guide) on the front, whereas the newer one only has three (Diablo 2 + LoD + Prima guide).
    New:

Old:

In slightly used condition, but still looking good on the shelf. :)

dooooooooom.jpg
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Activated Node
    An update on my collection.
    IMG_0057.jpg

I also bought a bookshelf for my games.

IMG_0054.jpg

Glad to see other PC game collectors. PC game collecting seems to be underrated...every game collector I know collects SNES, PS etc etc but not many collect boxed PC games.

As you can see, I'm new to this site. Hopefully I can contribute to it. After I visit my parents house in a couple weeks I'm going to gather up all my PC games I have there and then I'll present them here. I may also make a youtube videos of my collection and start reviewing individual ones...we'll see. I don't have a horde of them (it's a collection in progress) but I think I have pretty awesome games in the collection.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    I borrowed a phone to shoot my PC game box collection, so here it is. The closeups have all the games listed in the descriptions.

<snippety>
    OK, that white Half-Life box has me intrigued? Is that a GOTY or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Surlywombat View Post
    OK, that white Half-Life box has me intrigued? Is that a GOTY or something?
    It's just the original 1998 US PC retail box release. One side and bottom are black on white (as seen), the other side and top are white on black. The cover is a mostly orange 5/6ths width flap that opens to a screenshot with bad Gordon Freeman art overlaid on the corner, as seen here: http://www.gamershell.com/pc/half_life/box.html

Network Hub
    Ah, it was Orange over here :)

Oh, updates. :) Forgot to add these since last time. The Zak McKracken box is empty but didn't cost me an arm and a leg on the other hand.

easter.jpg

Oh, updates. :) Forgot to add these since last time. The Zak McKracken box is empty but didn't cost me an arm and a leg on the other hand.

easter.jpg
    Wow. I don't think I'll ever afford Zak! It goes for so much. Aside from that I have almost a full set of LucasArts Adventures, big boxes. Monkey Island is my prize possession. I'm going to take a photo of the lot tonight and post!

easter.jpg

Found it on ebay without the box!
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zak-McKrac...item35c62fe246

Hm, that's tempting. :)

Regarding the older Lucasfilm adventures I am still missing Maniac Mansion, Loom and Indy 3. Also, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango, though they are not as high on my list as the former.

Seeing Bobtree's mighty collection has made me nostalgic for the one my brother and I built up. Sadly when our parents moved they didn't want all this 'tat' to move with them and neither of us had room. Still have this to remember them by though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Amongst all the boxes that went to the charity shop was a copy of Star Wars: Supremacy. Which I miss not 'cos it's worth anything (they crop up on eBay for a tenner every now and then) but because it was a great game I miss having.
    I also meant to say... Yes! Fantastic game, I wish they'd make another. In a strange sort of way I think its one of the reasons why I love Crusader Kings 2 as it combines the grand strategy element with having characters to manage. Its kind of what I hoped Endless Space would be, but while I enjoyed that it wasn't quite what I was after.

Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Seeing Bobtree's mighty collection has made me nostalgic for the one my brother and I built up. Sadly when our parents moved they didn't want all this 'tat' to move with them and neither of us had room. Still have this to remember them by though.

For the love of leChuck, don't stack them like that! you'll damage the boxes!