Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I have FT, and a dvd case version of Grim but no Big Box. Also missing Crusade, MM and Loom. I guess I'm not that complete =(

My Collection. I think I have every Looking Glass (PC) game.

I see you have somewhat of a space problem. I could take the burden of owning two copies of Crimson Skies off you. ;)
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

I also have two slightly different versions of Terranova. I have been meaning to sell them

yes... yes! YES! FUCK, YES! And I got the older version with Diablo, too for $35
    Art blog here.

Stuffed with pokemon doodles. And arse. Enter at your own risk.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I see Freelancer in there. Ah, the good old days of internet gaming. None of this "F2P" or "DLC" rubbish.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    yes... yes! YES! FUCK, YES! And I got the older version with Diablo, too for $35
    Nice. Yours is in better shape than mine. Mine was missing the cardboard insert. I picked up Commandos, Robin Hood, and Odium for cheap on eBay.

IMG_0094[1].jpg

April brought me some space shootybangs and a few more-or-less classics. System Shock 2 should be in the mail. :)

spaaaaaace.jpg
    theotherstuff.jpg
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

At some point I had stuff like Little Big adventure and magic carpet and fallout 1... but I trashed all of that. I lived in a tiny appartment. I don't really have boxed games anymore I think.

I do have a original FF7 and I still have my dreamcast in a box somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    April brought me some space shootybangs and a few more-or-less classics. System Shock 2 should be in the mail. :)

spaaaaaace.jpg
    theotherstuff.jpg
    Oooh, X-Wing. I'm tempted to replay it.

Activated Node
    Xenon's boxart screams "80's"

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    You realise how much that is worth!?
    Wait what? I need money and in theory, one of those. Please explain "how much" is "how much"?

edit: Oh wow. You weren't kidding. I could practically retire to the South of France for that (or go on a weekend's holiday at least). Blimey. Ebay it is, if I can find it in my parents' attic.
    Last edited by Pockets; 04-05-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by makute View Post
    Xenon's boxart screams "80's"
    And has absolutely nothing to do with the game whatsoever. :D

LOL So cool ... My collection being talked about here

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    This is my collection, what do you all think?

Edit : This isn't really me...
    HIYA ALL The Gamehorder here.... McCrank told me my collection was being displayed!
    Very cool and stay tuned for an update later this year to the expansion of the collection

Activated Node
    Got three more games last week. I'm also waiting for another trapezoid boxed copy of Thief.

IMG_0135[1].jpg
    Last edited by Frostbite; 12-05-2013 at 09:23 PM.

I am not sure if I have ever seen a StarCraft Battlechest box to be honest.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I am not sure if I have ever seen a StarCraft Battlechest box to be honest.
    Up until Starcraft 2 you still saw them in WalMarts next to Diablo 2 bundles and Warcraft 3 bundles.

The original release, I think i picked a protoss cover. Unfortunately i doubt I have the box anywhere still. I miss the game boxes and the variety of box covers. Warcraft 3 I think I had an Orc. And doubt I still have that also.

Network Hub
    Quick question for those in the US. We started getting DVD style cases in the UK ~2000 and pretty much everything was in them by 2004. I believe big boxes lasted a bit longer in the states than they did here? Just thinking about getting some stuff from US sellers, and wanted to get a better field for the age.

Activated Node
    I don't know about the US since I moved here just under a year ago, but back in India games were still released in big boxes till around 2005. My copies of HL2, CS CZ, and Enter The Matrix (which I have lost) all came in big boxes. Moreover, games in India are still released in cardboard boxes, although the cardboard is recycled, so the quality isn't as good. Beats the crappy DVD cases though.

I will say, even though I dislike Blizzard's current games, they're the only developer today that do game packaging right. Lots of feelers and those nice fold-out boxes. I wish more developers paid that much attention to their retail releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    Up until Starcraft 2 you still saw them in WalMarts next to Diablo 2 bundles and Warcraft 3 bundles.
    The absence of WalMarts in this area might explain then.

No pictures taken, but Diablo and System Shock 2 (big box, not the slim one) arrived last week. Hooray!