Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tex Murphy games :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Alan Wake!

Obscure Node
    hey, very its great to be here and got many names of the Game on PC. thanks for share

Night Trap.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalk View Post
    Night Trap.
    Ban the sick filth.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Beyond Good and Evil

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The Walking Dead

Hotline Miami. The Movie happens in your head as you play it, and if you play well it's a meticulously planned and perfectly executed choreography.
    I WANT game like Hotline Miami with ultra HD 3D graphics with replays where you can add some slow motion and different camera angles and then public it direct to YT.

EDIT: Does it makes me a sick person?

Not really,i quite enjoyed beheading people in Manhunt games.

ps. And urinating on women in Postal 2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Hey, itís great to be here.

Iím going to suggest Psychonauts, Grim Fandango and Bastion as analogous to sort Pixar stuff. I could happily watch someone else play them and enjoy the design and dialogue and characters and narrative as I would a film.

I'm actively watching an LA Noire Let's Play at the moment and it's more enjoyable than the game.

Obscure Node
    Gravity Bone / 30 Flights of Loving

Yeah, the graphics are bare-bones, but in terms of set dressing and cinematic technique, they're probably some of the most film-like games ever made.

Grim Fandango: the scenes are all catched by a cinematic perspetcive to give the effect of a continue film-like action.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvius View Post
    Gravity Bone / 30 Flights of Loving

Yeah, the graphics are bare-bones, but in terms of set dressing and cinematic technique, they're probably some of the most film-like games ever made.
    nah, 30 flights of loving is more art house showpiece than cinematic experience (in spite of the nods to cartoons and movies)
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Rebel Assault 1 & 2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    nah, 30 flights of loving is more art house showpiece than cinematic experience (in spite of the nods to cartoons and movies)
    I take it you've never seen There Will Be Blood? Aguirre? Mulholland Drive? 2001: A Space Odyssey? Il Comformista? Metropolis? Any movie worth a shit? Those are not discrete concepts.

PES2013..you heard me!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I take it you've never seen There Will Be Blood? Aguirre? Mulholland Drive? 2001: A Space Odyssey? Il Comformista? Metropolis? Any movie worth a shit? Those are not discrete concepts.
    Haven't seen Aguirre or Comformista, no. In any case, the movies you've listed that I have watched are examples of cinema as an art form, not "clever jump cut technique of stick figures in scenes copied from popular cartoon/tv/movie titles".
    It's clever, but not substantial enough to be "cinematic".
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Tomb Raider: Underworld

How are we defining "cinematic" here?
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    We should totally do a "Most VISCERAL Games On PC" list next.
    I take photos of space and talk about it sometimes: http://ofspaceandthings.tumblr.com Also, I am making a game for which there is a development log: http://elegythegame.tumblr.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    I'm just defining it as games that seem to use the most techniques borrowed from cinema--in terms of how they do lighting, camera work, scene-setting, etc--instead of developing their own techniques that are more "game-like" for achieving similar effects. Additionally (and probably more importantly), I looking for games that "feel" cinematic. That capture the sensation of watching a film in some way.

It's pretty squishy and flexible the way I'm thinking about it. As such I think this:

It's clever, but not substantial enough to be "cinematic".
    ... is unnecessarily rigorous for the purposes of this thread. But that's just me.

Because I can't not make an argument when one presents itself, even if we were being more rigorous I'd disagree with the quoted post for other reasons.

In any case, the movies you've listed that I have watched are examples of cinema as an art form, not "clever jump cut technique of stick figures in scenes copied from popular cartoon/tv/movie titles".
    Other than the stick figures, that section in quotes doesn't describe something that is un-cinematic. And even so, animated films certainly exist ... so even that's part of the comment is a bit suspect. Looking at how much acting goes into 30 Flights might be a more interesting place to start dissecting how cinematic 30 Flights is. But as I haven't played it I probably shouldn't be part of that discussion.
    Last edited by gwathdring; 08-02-2013 at 06:29 PM.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0