Network Hub

Strike Vector 50% discount coming 9th April. Sale forecasting?

This is gotta be like the first time ever a developer has given an exact date and pre-warning of an upcoming sale on Steam which is kinda nice. I always tend to miss them especially the short Flash Sales. Since it's a low population game (for now), having an early warning date like this is basically an invitation for people who already own the game to play on that date.

From the Strike Vector Facebook

Free content the 9 of April with 50% off!

Hello guys! Sorry for the lack of news!

The next additional content wave have been delayed to the 9 of april and there will be a 50% off discount for Strike Vector so spread the word!

So we have delayed the bomber mode and have worked on the solo challenge mode instead which was tougher to develop.

A solo part was something really urgent for us to develop in order to improve the Strike Vector experience.

As we all know now, Strike Vector is a really difficult game and a large part of the player base were leaving the game too soon because there was no way to train properly outside the multiplayer modes.
    Now with the challenge mode the players will have the possibility to train them self with quick challenges which will train your speed and aiming skills.
    The challenges, as they are score based, will have their own friend and world leaderboards, so you will be able to fight for the best score around!
    You will also be rewarded with experience points and you will be able to gain ranks while playing solo.

You will also get a new map, Last Resort City, with a futuristic urban layout!

The bomber mode is still under development and will be available next month.

Again we are sorry for this delay and we thank you for your patience!

This is also gonna be a pretty important update for the game, as you can read from the bit above. It's gonna make the game a lot more accessible, gives players the chance to jump into the shallow end, before swimming(and eventually drowning) in the deep end. The price no longer a big barrier and some more free stuff.

There's some WIP shots on their FB page.
    https://www.facebook.com/StrikeVector

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Natural Selection 2 usually puts out a big sale with every other major patch and announce it so the playerbase can help promote it.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    Natural Selection 2 usually puts out a big sale with every other major patch and announce it so the playerbase can help promote it.
    So not a new thing, but not a half bad idea either. Well I'll check back on this game after the patch, haven't played it in while. A small part in me says I should of waited for the sale, which kind of creates a dilemma.

You simply get a better and cheaper game when you just wait.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by hideinlight View Post
    You simply get a better and cheaper game when you just wait.
    That's why I tend to wait in most cases, but I like the concept and direction of Strike Vector and the press it's netting is making me want to show my support for their game in that minuscule way of buing in at this point.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by salattu View Post
    That's why I tend to wait in most cases, but I like the concept and direction of Strike Vector and the press it's netting is making me want to show my support for their game in that minuscule way of buing in at this point.
    If I hadn't declared a moratorium on spending (thanks Fumarole, spreadsheeting my video game spending habits was a great idea) I'd be of similar mind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    If I hadn't declared a moratorium on spending (thanks Fumarole, spreadsheeting my video game spending habits was a great idea) I'd be of similar mind.
    Hah, you're welcome!
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Network Hub
    It's on.

Although still think it would of been better if it coincided with a free weekend.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by hideinlight View Post
    It's on.

Although still think it would of been better if it coincided with [pay day/a bonus/free money].
    Fixed it... ;)
    It is a technical difference, but's there none the less.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnicalBen View Post
    Fixed it... ;)
    It a sale, that won't be advertised on Steam, so no exposure which is the game's main problem. Nothing beats the exposure gained from a free weekend where it pops up in the library of a few million players. Even being visible to a few million users lead only to a few thousand giving it a go. Like it is now, you will be lucky to get 100 concurrent users.

Exposure is everything, although when it gets some, it should be immediately be able to turn that into players. Strike Vector got it's exposure early on, but it was greeted by a paywall. Now that the wall is being lowered, it's now missing the exposure.

Annoying little situation to be in, that's the price Indies gotta pay for not having a publisher doing the marketing for them.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=246700
    [QUOTE]Hello Pilots!

We are proud to announce that the latest version of Strike Vector is available!
    Feel free to share your feedbacks to help us to improve the game even more.
    Strike Vector will have a discount off -50% untill the 16 of april!

FEATURES AND MODIFICATIONS

Solo chalenges
    - added a solo mode consiting of 20 quick challenges.
    - each challenge got its own friend and world leaderboard.
    - In challenge you have to go through gates in order to reach the finish line.
    - To unlock some gates, you will have to destroy various objectives like drones
    or fuel tankers.

WEAPONS, PERKS & BONUS

- Swarm launcher lag bug fixed.
    The swarm launcher will know fire the same amount of missile,
    whatever the player ping is.
    - Special Action cooldown is know the same even if you respawn with a diffrent special action.

MAPS
    Last Resort city
    - New map added.
    - Takes place in a futuristic cyberpunk city.

- Fuel tankers texture have been rework in order to make them more visible.

Gonna go play around with the solo challenges, see what happens in a few days.
    Last edited by hideinlight; 09-04-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Edit: Please ignore this post. Saw Strike Vector but read Strike Suit Zero. Time for bed.
    Last edited by rsherhod; 09-04-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    Edit: Please ignore this post. Saw Strike Vector but read Strike Suit Zero. Time for bed.
    Don't worry I have both in my library and often start the wrong game...
    That soundtrack fits nicely though with Strike Vector.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    And owners of Strike Suit Infinite seemingly too. Mighty fine deal for me.
    What the? Yeah count me into the crowd that mistook it for Strike Suit instead of Strike Vector. Brain, meet bed. Time to sleep, I guess.
    Last edited by theForged; 09-04-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Network Hub
    The challenge missions are kinda fun, there's 20 of them and they have ladders. Trying to see if I can get into the top 10 with most of them.
    Last edited by hideinlight; 10-04-2014 at 12:38 AM.

Network Hub
    Well the sale is over, will have to wait for their next move. There are dozens of newer players, but not sure if it's still enough for the long haul.

Anyways had some truly epic games that weekend, and epic pain in my wrists. But I'm improving!