Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar

Rock, Paper, Michilimackinac [A Few Acres of Snow, and, perhaps, other yucata games]

Hi friends,

Have any of you all played "A Few Acres of Snow" upon the website that is yucata.de? I have, and it is fun! (Especially if you like Dominion, cubes, and beavers, which I do).

But even though there are occasionally public invitations to A Few Acres of Snow games on yucata, I haven't the gumption to join them (especially since I'm still figuring out how the game works). And Mrs. Berzee wanted to stop playing after only three hours of colonial Canadian deckbuilding, for shame!

So, if anyone wants to add me (username: Berzee) to their yucata.de buddy list, maybe I will be able to play it some more. =P That would be nifty!

(no worries if you don't know how to play; they have a rather good rules video up there and a comprehensive online manual...you'll probably only spend your first game or two becoming enraged about tricky rules you had all but forgotten).
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

I just bought a Few Acres of Snow last week. Would love to try it out digitally. Just signed up on Yucata and added you to my buddy list. My name is ConcreteOtter there.

Network Hub
    I'm in. I love that game, and recently got the 2nd edition. I'm supamanu on yucata.
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Ah-ha! I didn't realize that Yucata uses an asynchronous system...that will make it easier for me to hopefully get some games in. =)
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

I also enjoy AFOS on Yucata. Username:buzznaut. Add me.

Just checked Yucata again, after completely forgetting about it. Started the game with Berzee. Easy or Buzznaut, just added you guys, feel free to start up a game with me also. I will try to check yucata more often for turn updates.

Excellent! Good timing, it's nice to get in a few turns in one big lump. (Get out of Halifax, you monster, get out).

I made the mistake of playing against someone who was not from RPS and just as I expected, got curb-stomped by 4 or 5 British Native American mercenaries. =P But it was educational!

ConcreteOtter: that game was so tense, it made my face itch for well over an hour! O_O You are an admirable general, and I hope that the people of Canso enjoy serving their (*grimace*) British overlords.

Edit: As my wife walked by the living room this evening, I growled despairingly, "MY HAND IS ALL BEAVERS!" She did not slow down in her passage, but did remark from the other room, "I want to tell you, that what you have said would be much more interesting if it was literally true." Now the game is over, but I find continued enjoyment in contemplating what it would be like if my hands were actually beavers. Like Barret's gun arm from FF7, but not a gun.
    Last edited by Berzee; 11-02-2013 at 04:58 AM.

Network Hub
    Well I can't help but feel that you are dominating me in this game Berzee. I'm incredibly short of settlers, while you're basically reproducing like rabid beavers all over quebec!
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Don't worry too much; ) this is typically the part where my overconfidence brings me crashing to the earth (to land on a soft pile of untraded fur that I can't get rid of). Which is one of the best things about this game -- aside from that time I got raided 6 times in a row, most of my experience has been that I, with my desire to dabble a little bit in every possible plan, am my own worst enemy. ^_^