Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cyberpunk 2077 trailer with significantly more fitting music

Simultaneously to the crappy "Aliens: Colonial Marines" voiceover thing, a (talented, IMO) guy reworked the music/FX of the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer in a few hours.

First time I watched the 2077 trailer* I had no sound on and I loved it. Second time I watched the trailer I had the sound on and quickly wanted to kill someone. Possibly myself.

* the original one, not this one
    Last edited by Jams O'Donnell; 25-01-2013 at 11:49 AM.

This fits better on the atmosphere sense, but I actually think the other one is better for the teaser, as it adds to the sense of there being an underlying story.
    Last edited by Gorzan; 25-01-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Different strokes for different folks. I loved it so much that I bought myself a copy of both recent Archive albums.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    This fits better on the atmosphere sense, but I actually think the other one is better, as it adds to the sense of there being an underlying story.
    Yep. Music in the other (original) trailer is fine if you don't just take it at face value as "we need a song to go with this, oo this'll do".
    Last edited by Jesus_Phish; 25-01-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    This one is also cool but i prefer original.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Yep. Music in the other trailer is fine if you don't just take it at face value as "we need a song to go with this, oo this'll do".
    My point exactly :)

I think it was more a case of "I'm a marketing man, I like Archive, this will go in" :)

Edit: At least they didn't go for that, so, in a sense, you could see it as fitting:
    Last edited by Kapouille; 25-01-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    I just watched it with the sound from the opening in Syndicate Wars. I liked that best. It actually synced up pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    I just watched it with the sound from the opening in Syndicate Wars. I liked that best. It actually synced up pretty well.
    It does indeed.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    First time I watched the 2077 trailer* I had no sound on and I loved it. Second time I watched the trailer I had the sound on and quickly wanted to kill someone. Possibly myself.

* the original one, not this one
    Come touch me like I'm an ordinary man
    Have a look in my eyes
    Underneath my skin there is a violence
    It's got a gun in its hand
    Ready to make, ready to make, r-ready to make sense of
    Anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything, anyone anything.

Awww yeah... now that's better.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Banned
    I expected "This is the new shit" by Manson.

I was disappointed.

Obscure Node
    This song makes it sound too much like Dues Ex Human Revolution.

Syndicate music works much better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Different strokes for different folks. I loved it so much that I bought myself a copy of both recent Archive albums.
    And that is why you are a good person.

I also did the same :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

S'alright, but I prefer the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Nahhhh I'm sorry, this song is definitely too slow moving for the already slo-mo trailer, it just feels like it's gonna drag along endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    They did something interesting back in the day, but the song in the trailer reminded me oddly of Planet Funk.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

I also prefer the original, agree with the comments that the re-score above, is a bit too slow for my tastes.

Also I think the original feels like the start of something, like a TV show beginning ala CSI or something... you could almost have the credits popping up of the actors playing the main characters.

And I like that.

This new version the OP highlighted feels like it's trying too hard, but I don't think I know how to explain what I mean by that. :oD

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Is there anyone here who doesn't much care for this trailer rendition, but hates the original? You don't have to choose between them you know.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I was shocked by the typical chauvinistic attitude displayed towards women. I threw up three times (per viewing) and posted about it on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    They did something interesting back in the day, but the song in the trailer reminded me oddly of Planet Funk.
    The Non Zero Sumness/Illogical Consequence era or Static and beyond?