Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar

[VS] Outfit Co-Op Nights

In an effort to Git Gudô, and bring some variety to the game I'm proposing we set the first StratGir of the month as an outfit co-op night. The aim of which is to work with another outfit in order to move outwith our usual comfort zone and improve our general StratGir operations.

Do people like this idea? If so, I'll arrange something for November 5th. We'll need a PL and a few SLs.
    Exact format to be determined.

I'm up for it. SLiing isn't my strong point but am willing if needed.

I'm up for it, can SL and do what the PL askz for.
    Pretty much all 3 of theze are NSFW sometimez. Also very political. Also I'm a prideful, boasting bee about a lot of stuff.

Twitter; https://twitter.com/Succubee94
    Steam; http://steamcommunity.com/id/SophiaButler/
    Tumblr; http://sophia-butler.tumblr.com/
    Ingame; SophiaButler VS, SophiaTraitler NC, SophiaBuTRler TR.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Good call, I'm all for.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Activated Node
    Sounds like fun ^_^
    I realise nothing will be concrete yet, but some things to think about:
    Are we thinking mixed squads of [RPS] and [Other Outfit] (roughly 6/6 for each squad in a platoon), a mixed platoon with separate squads for each Outfit, or just sending our platoon to work beside their platoon? [My personal choice would be mixed squads, so that we can learn more effectively from each other by being forced to stick together rather than ending up with us each assaulting the same base in our own way.]
    Also, are we commanding them, or they commanding us, or are we taking turns based on some other criteria (whoever has experience with each base type, 20-30 mins each spent commanding, etc)? [Again, my personal choice would be command rotating through some predetermined system, either whoever is best at taking the base type we're on, or simply giving command to the other outfit every half hour or so, so that the learning is a two-way street.]
    Last edited by Scarpers; 16-10-2014 at 02:14 AM.

I think part of that really depends on who we're with and what they're happy with and used to.

I'd like to mix teams, failing that mix SLs, failing that just working with them in a platoon will do us some good.

Commanding is going to vary I would think. Probably in a turn by turn thing per outfit. PLs tend not to switch during an ops night because it takes some time to get into the swing of things, decide a goal and also work towards it.
    Within squads the SL doesn't usually change. I think when an SL doesn't know the best route etc the squad members should pipe up and offer suggestions.

If we do a lot of switching, the downtime ruins any momentum and will leave us spending 1/3 of the night just with the logistics of command switching. If people want to have a reserve SL that's from the other outfit that could maybe work.

Bumping this again to see if there's any more interest?