Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Real Name - Emelie
    Age/Location - 23, Sweden
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Trying to become a fucking nurse!!
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - Wardancer...
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? - No
    Anything else you want to know? - well... eum... no?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Oh my, I'm surrounded by children! 22,23,25,26. Kids! (joke)

Thats what I thought, but atleast Im a bit younger than you and my kids are older ;D (almost out of the woods!)
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Blasphemy!
    Yeah. Get the torches and pitchforks! Wait. Something prog-rocky he said? Never mind, he gets a pass.

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    >.< its nice that you think of us as kids at 22, but a shame that I dont feel like one anymore! Having 5 nephews/niece takes it out of you, as does uni. I think 20 was our youngest so far wasnt it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I get told off for referring to the undergrads I teach as kids...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Hehe, yeah, no offence meant really. Just provoking. I have all the respect in the world for you guys. Age is secondary.

Looks like I'm the runt of the litter so far, then:

Real Name: I go by Chris in english and Christian in danish; those of youse all who've had the doubtful pleasure of playing with me as of now probably know me as Samp.

Age/Location: 18 / Aarhus, Denmark

What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum?: Sit around on me arse while I wait to start medical school next winter. I hope, Og be merciful, that there's a spot in research waiting for me to claim it, but the only thing I adamantly won't do is be an oncologist, really.

What brought you to RPS?: I stumbled into the RPS mumble channel all disoriented-like, less than a month ago, after realizing that mucking about as a lowly grot in a Waaaaaaagh!-ful of random Vanu wasn't my thing. It took less than an hour for mindburst to compare me dear ole ma to a Galaxy, and I realized I'd never find an outfit less sane than this one.

Anything else you want us to know?: I'm more or less the stay-at-home-dad of my roommate, a hopelessly inept 21 year-old med student who can't set foot in the kitchen without setting something, or someone, on fire, and doesn't know what fabric softener does. I love cooking, speak fluent french, have a giant music-boner for classical and jazz, and get all retarded, all the time, for the Baltimore Ravens.

I suggest you check out the radio vanu thread then ;D
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Real Name - Anders (I go by Andy in English most of the time. It get's tiring with people wanting to know how to "pronounce it correctly". And also, it means "different" in German, apparently, so there's that.)

Age/Location - 25, Norway

What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - I'm sorry, TR scum?! Anyway, struggling artist and freelance journalist. Practically out of a job, basically.

What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - Reading about computer games...? Also, narrowly missed an RPS social in London. I studied there for three years before finding out about it.

Were/are you active in another RPS community? - There are other RPS communities?

Anything else you want to know? - Where the action at?!

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    Real Name - Anders (I go by Andy in English most of the time. It get's tiring with people wanting to know how to "pronounce it correctly". And also, it means "different" in German, apparently, so there's that.)
    In Dutch too, but since the languages share a lot of words that shouldn't be a surprise.

Network Hub
    Planetside name: TheGreatCacker (TheRed was taken)

Age/Location: 30 / West Sussex

What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum?: Teach various things to super-challenging kids. Also raise, half the time, my own kid, who is far more intelligent and better behaved (at 17 months..)

What brought you to RPS?: I'm not really sure. I think it was via Steam feed news ages ago. I hadn't known a PC love-in like it was around, but am very pleased I came across it.

Anything else you want us to know?: No. Frankly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Planetside name: MrEclectic

Thodoris (Theodore in English)

Age/Location: 37/ Athens, Greece

What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum?: As Esoteric said, killing NC scum. If you're asking what pays the rent, freelance software developer. Mostly intranet stuff, but nowadays whatever, 'cause Greece!

What brought you to RPS?: I've been reading the main site for ages. I really appreciate the writing, wit, and the general thoughtful approach to the social and cultural aspects of gaming. Also, the PS2 previews intrigued me. As this is my first foray into multiplayer, I thought to myself that this seems like a likeable and borderline insane enough bunch of people to give it a go with. And now I'm hooked. Damn you, Giraffes!

Anything else you want us to know?: I like music, especially jazz, soul and garage, but also electronic, alternative/indie/what's-it-called, classical and generally whatever catches my fancy (hence the eclectic). I prefer vinyl, but mostly because the physical constraints of the medium force me to listen to the whole damn thing and not skip forward. Also reading, favourite authors are Borges and Pynchon. And history, politics and some economics. I like dancing a lot. I was involved in the mod scene here in Athens (mod as in vespas and suits, not modifications for games), and still dj sometimes. And I still love fine tailored clothing and mid-century scandinavian design. Oh, and I play the guitar. And my favourite colour is purple.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 10-02-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    There's been a lot of sharing of music tastes here. So here's my artist 'tag cloud' from the last 6 months...

http://www.last.fm/user/Cooper42

An unashamed lover of pop. That cloud doesn't quite do my listening justice as I tend to go through binge periods of certain albums / singles (on that note: Kiss is pretty much solid, amazing pop front-to-back. No one hit wonder here).

That Robyn and Annie Lennix / Eurythmics are so small there makes me sad. And the abscence of Garbage is shocking. Can I really have gone 6 months without listening to any Shirley!?
    Last edited by Cooper; 10-02-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Network Hub
    Seeing Portishead, Bowie, Blondie, PJ Harvey et al next to Girls Aloud makes me feel a little bit sad. That said, I did also remember Garbage. 6 months? I probably haven't put one of their albums on in any form for 10 years. I'm pretty certain we used to fancy her in school. Along with Sleeper's Louise Wener. Jesus that was ages ago.

Second left from the top-mid, Cooper

As for me,

Planetside name: Orius

Thomas (for some reason I find it frustrating when native english speakers refer to me as "tom")

Age/Location: 25, Norway

What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum?: My first thought was "killing NC scum" as well, so I guess there's something in it. In real life, a variety of things. Studied legal informatics, going to study straight up law in the near future, sit on the board of a budding multimedia/game developer company, doing some occasional translation work, helping out with plastics welding, all kinds of stuff.
    What brought you to RPS?: Found my ad-hoc outfit in Beta dissolving and decided to join up late one night in a random squad to ensure some victories on Indar. It happened to be RPS and I haven't looked back since.
    Anything else you want us to know? You already know too much! Toooo muuuuch.
    Last edited by Orius; 10-02-2013 at 02:20 PM.

People here call me thomas even though my name is Tom. I hate their faces. Hence I want to drink them.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Real Name - Liam

Age/Location - Ireland, Wicklow specifically!

What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Killing spandex clad vanu scum. Apart for that, I play various other games, and rugby. Lots of rugby!

What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - Founded RTRS alongside Stranglove and Ayam all the way back in early beta, after stranglove left, the running of the outfit fell to me and ayam

Were/are you active in another RPS community? - I play arma with the FolkArps crowd every sunday.

Anything else you want us to know? - NC and TR are proper factions with proper weapons, VS is a 3rd wheel with glorified strobe lights

Pic- waffles21.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflynumber View Post
    Anything else you want us to know? - NC and TR are proper factions with proper weapons, VS is a 3rd wheel with glorified strobe lights
    You forgot the mirrorballs and smoke machine, we don't roll up to the disco without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    There's been a lot of sharing of music tastes here. So here's my artist 'tag cloud' from the last 6 months...
    That's a fun idea. Here's mine:

It seems I've been on a bit of a Blind Guardian spree lately. Too bad Last.fm refuses to scrobble my iPod. I listen to way different stuff on there.