Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    But what value has freedom, if spent in ignorance?

Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    All those that are not free, or long to be free, are brainwashed, EsotericReverie. We of the NC do not object to progress, we just want it on our terms. Our terms just happen to include exterminating all the Barneys.
    Oh dear oh dear oh dear. It's not freedom for you, or your fellow soldiers. It's freedom for your corporate masters. It's the freedom to commit atrocities like Bhopal without consequences for the perpetrators. It's the freedom to impose serfdom on the workforce. It's the freedom to use carcinogenic compounds in your food because it's cheaper than something safe.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    Oh dear oh dear oh dear. It's not freedom for you, or your fellow soldiers. It's freedom for your corporate masters. It's the freedom to commit atrocities like Bhopal without consequences for the perpetrators. It's the freedom to impose serfdom on the workforce. It's the freedom to use carcinogenic compounds in your food because it's cheaper than something safe.
    Are you actually Jaz Coleman moonlighting as a scotman, because if you are then that's awesome.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Obscure Node
    NC just wan't to blow shit up. Freedom is used as an excuse

Hmm, I know another guy from Ljubljana; Gasper Hrovat. Moved here to Gothenburg to join his love (the Anni I mentioned in another thread, as it happens). Anyone you know by any chance?
    I do know Gašper Hrovat, but he is still living in Ljubljana and not married, so I guess we know different Gašpers.

Yeah, must be different guys. They're not married yet, as far as I know, but not living in Ljubljana anymore. It was a long shot, but worth asking, still. Is that a common name in Slovenia, by the way?

Yes, it's quite a common name here.

Stvor: Pozdrav iz Maribora!

Obscure Node
    Real Name - Dan

Age/Location - 28, Leeds (ish), UK

What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - I work in pensions, its even more boring than it sounds. I also (on occasion) work as a live music photographer

What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - I read the site and found out about the outfit through a recent 'call to arms', I only downloaded the game this week and you seemed like a friendly lot.

Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Nope

Anything else you want us to know? - I apologise in advance if you're on my team and I shoot you, I'm colour blind. My game is set up so that enemies are bright yellow, sadly Alpha squad look extremely similar so try not to be anywhere near me if you're in Alpha.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Age/Location: 24, Dutchyland

Wut you do: Starting Aircraft technician course in august.

I came to the Giraffes after looking for a active outfit to play with. I've been playing in the waw outfit at waterson but that is quite inactive nowadays. I've been reading RPS since 08(the planetside article lured me in!). So I figured I might as well join the insanity.

Sexy Sir Wiggly Bottom on a bike:

I'm a quite avid mountainbiker, and this was my most recent photograph.

Note to all Gothenburgians again: I will be in your city in May. Anyone fancy meeting? If you dont want to admit to being from that area, just send me a message

Note: my beard does not bite... much.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Real Name - Thomas Frengler
    Age/Location - 29 / Netherlands (originally from Denmark)
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Office scum (helpdesk/support at an IT company)
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - A friend of mine joined the Call to Arms and told me the game was good fun. I love FPS games that require teamwork (used to play loads of L4D1-2) so I thought: "Why not?". Apart from that I've been a long time reader of RPS and know for a fact that the community is one of the better out there.
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Played briefly with the TF2 group before they went silent again
    Anything else you want to know? - The Quiet Panda(TM) of big groups so please don't mistake silence for disinterest. I prefer playing support so I'm most likely gonna run around as medic or engineer somewhere in the background while of course standing still long enough in the open to receive the sharp end of an infiltrators bullet in my skull. Used to be a professional soldier so on paper I -should- know about tactics/strategy but it doesn't always translate well to a videogame medium (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)
    Picture (if you want) -
    Me on most evenings after work:
    305761_10150898175320596_1721182913_n.jpg

Loving the Kiith Nabaal logo.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks, I've put a few hours into it by now so I've got a decent idea of how it works: Battlefield, but much bigger and more tactical in a way Also got some certs so that I am now a slightly-above-useless combat medic. Been on Mumble a few times but it was so busy I didn't dare speak up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frengler View Post
    Been on Mumble a few times but it was so busy I didn't dare speak up.
    Cut in, or people like myself never shut up!

And welcome

Or ppl like me that just talk nonsence.
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    You should all just shut up and let TheRealSeanConnery talk all the time!
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

huaw uawuaw uaw. the maid huawuawuaw
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Obscure Node
    Real Name - foop (well, that's what friends have been calling me for the last 29 years)
    Age/Location - Oh God, 42, London.
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - !!Science!! in a cancer research charity
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - I've been reading RPS for ages because it dovetails so well with my tastes; I used to play EvE a lot when I had free time, and am constantly being dragged back into Dwarf Fortress. Haven't actually taken the plunge into RTS yet because I can't work out if I have enough time.
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Good God, talk to people? Of course not.

Edit: Will be becoming a Giraffe when I get time to play, have a VS infiltrator on Miller. No idea how you play infiltrator in a squad though...
    Last edited by foop; 06-04-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Hey welcome! Just to clear things up, since I haven't been online for a few days, are you a giraffe or a traitor? (RPS or RTRS, VS or NC)

Considering I've lurked on the forum for a while and I've been playing for longer I should make an appearance on this thread..

Real Name - Paul Pearson (Also, I'm 'Lynche' in-game, I'm Safilpope on another server)
    Age/Location - 22 / Edinburgh
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - I'd be working as a doorman if it weren't for my bum knee, mainly work with the Red Cross (should qualify as a first aid trainer in a few months if I'm lucky)
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - The RPS website, spandex, enlightenment, disco, giraffes, disco-giraffes. You know, the usual
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Nope
    Anything else you want to know? - What is the maximum air velocity of a fully laden giraffe?
    Picture (if you want) -
    562881_10200103738809296_591322390_n.jpg
    Me on a recent trip to Moscow (Scotland)
    Last edited by Safilpope; 08-04-2013 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Completely forgot to answer one of the questions