Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Welcome Alfie from Edinburgh! Been seeing you in-game a bit lately. Hope you're enjoying yourself.

Welcome, Chris from Berlin! Might that be Chris Härm, by any chance?
    No, sorry to disappoint.
    I'm not even really German -- I've just been here a few years.
    I see I missed a beginners session on Sunday night. I'll just have to jump in at the deep end.

C.

Obscure Node
    Hi All

I've been popping up occasionally in game recently having acquired a laptop that some how seems to run the Planetside 2 client at a playable 20-50 fps. Its ugly as sin but still fun.

Been hanging out in mumble usually silently and running about getting killed alot. I'm getting the fun time vibes I used to get from the original game 7 or 8 years ago and with my graphics settings more than a little de ja vu.

See you on Auraxis!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsd2 View Post
    No, sorry to disappoint.
    I'm not even really German -- I've just been here a few years.
    I see I missed a beginners session on Sunday night. I'll just have to jump in at the deep end.

C.
    Neither us he, actually. Think he's Aussie by birth. Really talented blues dancer and teacher.

Anyway, welcome! I know some people recorded the training session. Don't know if that became anything worth showing or watching, though.

Obscure Node
    Hey guys. Joined up with you a couple of days ago after I came back from giving the game a break for a few months.

Real Name - Carl
    Age/Location - 23, London, UK
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - I work as a IT Support admin at Just-Eat.com.
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? -I read RPS and I play PS2, heard some good stuff about the outfit from Motorleague and decided to join up.
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Nope
    Anything else you want to know? - I have maxed Squad leader certs so I don't mind picking up the lead from time to time once I get settled in

FLIPPIN FINALLY

Hey guys, got an account working. PhatChance52 on Mumble, ArtekusBardane in PS2, headbutter of Galaxies. I'm 25, live in Cardiff, though I'm originally from Ireland. Work in a board and card game store, Carcassonne, Settlers of Catan and (hiss) Monopoly, that kinda thing. I am thoroughly delighted to have been playing with all of you, and I thank you for putting up with me. I notice that there's a lot of awesome cookeryness, which I am interested in. Made some Lakeshore pork just last night in fact.

Real Name - Chris
    Age/Location - 30+/Cardiff
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Juggle numbers at Legal & General
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - Free stuff in PCG mag for PS2, so I'd thought I'd give it a go. Plus I'm a long time reader of RPS.
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? -uRPS Minecraft
    Anything else you want to know? -I'm ThePhydaux in game because I started with Phydaux on another server. But just following you guys around I managed to get to rank 5 without firing weapon.

I've only been playing PS2 for a week so I'm still making lots of stupid mistakes and struggling to navigate some of the larger structures! However, this game is about a million times better in an outfit than on your tod.

PhatChance52 you don't happen to work at Rules of Play do you?

Hello you two. Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Phydaux View Post
    Real Name - Chris
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Juggle numbers at Legal & General
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - Free stuff in PCG mag for PS2, so I'd thought I'd give it a go. Plus I'm a long time reader of RPS.
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? -uRPS Minecraft
    Anything else you want to know? -I'm ThePhydaux in game because I started with Phydaux on another server. But just following you guys around I managed to get to rank 5 without firing weapon.

I've only been playing PS2 for a week so I'm still making lots of stupid mistakes and struggling to navigate some of the larger structures! However, this game is about a million times better in an outfit than on your tod.

PhatChance52 you don't happen to work at Rules of Play do you?
    I do indeed!

Real Name - Jeremy
    Age/Location - 25/London
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Study Law
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - Been reading the sight since it was founded and it seemed like a nice bunch of people.
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? Nope
    Anything else you want to know?
    Rushtone in game because that wasn't already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Phydaux View Post
    Real Name - Chris
    YAY! Cardiff!
    I have a dear friend there
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Location - NW UK

What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Shoot real shotguns either side of clay pigeons. (I don't like to harm them). And have a consulting business. I say business...I sit at home waiting for the phone to ring.

What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - I have read the site before but had a "run-in" with a certain MrEclectic the other day. I was minding my own business and happily repairing a terminal so I could spawn a Lightning to help fight the aircraft on the front line when he nonchalantly wandered over and blew the crap out of it, then ran away. Whilst I stood there dazed, bewildered and desperately trying to find the "WTF?!?! FkU!!!" button (apparently there isn't one) he then came running back up the stairs and apologised. Then we chatted a bit about Outfits etc ...and now we're married.

Were/are you active in another RPS community? No. I've generally stayed clear of guilds and things since I quit WoW as I got sick and tired of the politics and bickering and people taking things FAR too seriously. Having had a nose around here, though - it looks like most people are good humoured.

In game name: LuthorUnsane

Activated Node
    Hi all,

I am looking forward to joining the RPS platoon. I have played planetside on and off since the beta and have plenty of experience in it. Looking forward to now teaming up with some people and having fun as a group!

Coxy

Hey, welcome on the team!

Real Name - Mark

Age/Location - 40, London

What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Cat Herder by trade (IT project manager). Pass-times are miniature wargaming & boardgaming, lots of miniature painting, which are mostly pursuits for the dark months. I also do long distance cycle touring during the sunny months, a bit of mountain biking, and I'm in a sailing club. (heck, I'm busy!)

What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - I've read the site for many years, it was a daily habit for most of that, but I've actively tried to avoid it lately I'm sad to say, well that was until I found these forums.

Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Not really. I've tried many communities centred on a game etc. They're generally far too serious for me, or far too casual. I'm somewhere in-between. I like to feel part of a vaguely organised collective effort, but without the serious faces. That said, I played Eve for 8 years, they don't come much more serious faced than that.

Anything else you want to know? - I've merely dabbled in ps2, no more than an hour or so in beta, and a little post-launch. I generally leave confused/bewildered/badly beaten. I've been attracted back by the call to arms with a view to finally cracking this nut and to hopefully become a more established part of the community.
    I spent a couple of hours in game last night getting acquainted properly with the help of the guides here, and I'm ready to go and very happy to be here.

youll fit right in, boosh.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Welcome aboard!

I'm playing with RPS for quite a while now (since the last C2A), so I will tell you who I am now

Real Name - Tobias
    Age/Location - 18 / Germany
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - I'm still student until summer, then I'm going to study software engineering
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - The last C2A
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? - No

welcome to the family (even if you have been here a while)
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Obscure Node
    Hello been playing for a few days now(as Passima) so thought I'd introduce myself

Real Name - Phil

Age/Location - 29\Wales

What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Mainly being a unemployed bum at the moment,being welsh

What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - Saw the recent Call to Arms and seemed like a fun thing to do and I seen a few videos of your shenigans and seemed like a fun place

Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Read the site everyday and sometimes comment there (in pun threads mainly)

Anything else you want to know Played the original Planetside for a few years but have only dabbled in PS2.

Welcome guys! Always happy to have more friendly people join us.