Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I like whisky that tastes like I've put my face into the ground. My girlfriend doesn't.

Tallisker has become an agreed upon whisky we can both enjoy. It is peaty, but not greatly so. Very much recommend it to anyone who isn't already a regular whisky drinker.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    You know I love youse really. You're all missing some proper good drinks from the list though (I should point out before I go through this I did grow up on a council estate so I'm a real connesieur)

White Lightning
    Babycham
    Special Brew
    Stella (not that 4% shit either)
    Mr Muscle drain cleaner (bubbly and rustic with a hint of chemicals)
    Buckfast. Get educated!

Obscure Node
    any Islay malt is good for me, Lagavulin being a personal favourite

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Buckfast. Get educated!
    I don't always drink hard liquor, but when I do, I drink Buckie.

After all -

"In January 2010 a BBC investigation revealed that Buckfast had been mentioned in 5,638 crime reports in the Strathclyde area of Scotland from 2006–2009, equating to an average of three per day. One in 10 of those offences had been violent and 114 times in that period a Buckfast bottle was used as a weapon. A survey at a Scottish young offenders’ institution showed of the 117 people who drank alcohol before committing their crimes, 43 percent said they had drunk Buckfast. In another study of litter around a typical council estate in Scotland, 35 percent of the items identified as rubbish were Buckfast bottles"

It's in our heritage. It's in our blood.

(Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckfast_Tonic_Wine)

EDIT - Honourable mention to that foul witches' concoction, Babycham. I once downed a large drinking horn full of it (I lost a bet). Some experiences can change people.... I was never quite the same.
    Last edited by fish food carl; 21-01-2014 at 06:01 AM.

Glenmorangie and Tallisker are on my to-do list. Thanks Laldy and Cooper.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    That reminds me to start looking for a good replacemend for my bottle of Ben Nevis 10yr single malt as there is only a small drop left in it. Ah well, it lasted 5 good years.

Maybe we should start another thread to talk about the good drinks of life and stop diluting the introductions of other new members with the pleasures of liqueur.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Tallisker has become an agreed upon whisky we can both enjoy. It is peaty, but not greatly so. Very much recommend it to anyone who isn't already a regular whisky drinker.
    The level of loam in my whiskey is dictated by how well my day has gone. Tallisker for the good days, Laphroaig for the bad days. I always considered Tallisker more smokey than anything else, but it's a favourite nonetheless.

Whiskeyside 2.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    You know I love youse really. You're all missing some proper good drinks from the list though (I should point out before I go through this I did grow up on a council estate so I'm a real connesieur)

White Lightning
    Babycham
    Special Brew
    Stella (not that 4% shit either)
    Mr Muscle drain cleaner (bubbly and rustic with a hint of chemicals)
    Amateur.

Lanliq
    Brasso
    Hairspray (preferably Silverkrin). Spray entire can into a bottle of milk.
    Methylated Spirit, for that "Blind Drunk" street cachet.
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    Amateur.

Lanliq
    Brasso
    Hairspray (preferably Silverkrin). Spray entire can into a bottle of milk.
    Dirty casual.

Isopropyl alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    Reminds me of this link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Barrettine-M.../dp/B002ATI4VG

Skip to the customer reviews, heres a sample:

"When Gerard, my husband of thirty eight years, questioned my excessive use of Barrettine's Methylated Spirit, I told him that It's the most effective way to rid one's calligraphy brush of stubborn Indian Ink. However, if truth be known, the consumption of Barrettine is the ONLY effective relief I have found from this utterly nightmarish sham of a marriage. If only I could leave my husband and marry a 6ft bottle of Barrettine."

Obscure Node
    so, I've not actually joined the outfit yet after a couple of false starts - bailed out last night as didn't really think CCEU was for me - is there a good night for a new player to join in, bearing mind I am still getting to grips with the absolute basics of the game?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Butane Bob View Post
    so, I've not actually joined the outfit yet after a couple of false starts - bailed out last night as didn't really think CCEU was for me - is there a good night for a new player to join in, bearing mind I am still getting to grips with the absolute basics of the game?
    Any night, really. Tuesday is CCEU until 21:30gmt, and Wednesday is strat.gir night which is our strategy night. You'll find people are quite casual during the weekend afternoons though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Are you aiming for Vanu Sovereignty or New Conglomerate (you don't have to choose, you can be a member of both outfits (just don't join the TR))?

I can only speak for RTRS (the NC outfit) but feel free to join us any night other than Friday (and even then, just it'll be more frenetic) and if there's someone knowledgable around we'll be glad to help out, even if it means moving to a separate channel to run through the basics.

Obscure Node
    thanks guys - I only have a vanu char so far but could perhaps roll up an NC as well to give me more options

Network Hub
    thanks guys - I only have a vanu char so far but could perhaps roll up an NC as well to give me more options
    Effectively any evening is good, apart from Tuesdays really, when the CCEU guys are rolling. Wednesday is our "ops" night, StratGir, where we work a bit more closely as squads and pursue strategic goals. On Fridays we focus on working with other Miller VS Outfits, in the alliance we call The Vanu Accord.

Other than that, we occasionally do Silly Mondays events, where we do something fun like racing.

Obscure Node
    OK cheers fish, I should be on tonight and over the weekend, if there's anyone around who can invite me into the outfit that would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I like whisky that tastes like I've put my face into the ground. My girlfriend doesn't.

I recently celebrated my birthday and someone got me a bottle of Talisker 10. Because I offhandedly mentioned wanting to try it sometime. It's great, thanks for the suggestion Cooper.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    If you catch me in the game, I can give you full rundown of the game in an hour or so. Probably less. Name is same as here on NC side.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Network Hub
    I just realised that, rather rudely, I've totally forgotten to fill this out. So:-

Real Name - David
    Age/Location - 31/Sarf Lahdahn
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Professional Video Editor/Transcoder/Media Manager in the Inflight sector (removing boobs for Arabic airlines since 2005). Amateur photographer (Lumix DMC-G5). Disturbingly bad PC gamer.
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - My love of RPS, plus the call no man can resist, The Call To Arms
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR