Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    As much as winter scenery can look beautiful, I'm much more enjoying the mild winters and markedly warmer summers. The warm weather's great for flying birds, thermals everywhere means they don't tire quickly, so you can take a long walk for several hours rather than a 45 minute jaunt.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    If the Netherlands has a cold enough winter they run the Elfstedentocht which is something I would absolutely love to participate in even though I'm not terribly good at skating. Just sounds like amazing fun.
    Not something you undertake lightly. It's 200km. Best start practicing.

It's also very unlikely. The last one was in 1997. The winters aren't cold enough often and they need to be really cold for the ice to be of acceptable quality if you want to put 15k people on it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Canada has loads of space and pretty solid rivers it would seem. The Netherlands is pretty small, let's kill about 10 birds with one stone and move the whole nation to Canada. It's a good fit for a country which turns a blind eye to cannabis use too, though my education on the subject comes entirely from Trailer Park Boys so do your own research before committing to it.

Seriously, I reckon you could fit a few European nations into Yukon and the Northwest Territories alone, nobody else is living there. Let's all go!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Heh there's a reason nobody lives there :P
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Lesser Hivemind Node TWChristine's Avatar
    Ha, we've actually considered moving to one of those, and were really quite close to heading to Nunavut. Still might do it at some point!
    Steam: Am I Doing This Right?
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

I shut down The Quanta Cat.

Sod it - we're all youngish clever people, with established teamworking skills. Lets go carve a town out of the wasteland. RPS/RTRS meetup in the Yukon, bring warm clothes and some tools.

Or I could go play more banished...

I should really just go play banished.

Quote Originally Posted by Grible View Post
    Sod it - we're all youngish clever people, with established teamworking skills. Lets go carve a town out of the wasteland. RPS/RTRS meetup in the Yukon, bring warm clothes and some tools.
    just let me know when

You want to play Utopia? http://translate.google.com/translat...-text=&act=url

I'm game for Utopia
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

I'll make tea and supervise.

Well, I'm none of the above, but if you don't mind dropping me off in Seattle, I'd appreciate it. (I'll just jump outa the Galaxy as you pass over.)
    Thanks!!
    "Bring me my purse."

please visit
    the Game Orphanage

Finding Good Homes For Unwanted Games Since January, 2014

Lesser Hivemind Node TWChristine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    I'm game for Utopia
    Holy crap, you just took it back! My friends and I played that in highschool back when it came out, and then I moved on (and got really into) to Earth 2025!
    Steam: Am I Doing This Right?
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

I shut down The Quanta Cat.

Heh, yea, used to play it back when I was 11. I got so nervous lying about my age pretending to be 13! Then my parents gave me a right bollocking for talking to a 33 year old kd mate and I had to stop for a bit
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Back to the actual topic at the start of this thread...
    Vanu name : PurpleMeany
    Conglomorate name: BlueMeeny

Age / Location: 51, Bristol

When not killing TR: I test computer software, so basically spend most of my day telling developers "I don't care if it works on your PC, it also has to work on mine too".
    Other RPS forums: Nope, I have played computer games since they were invented but mainly God games, then WoW for six years, then got into BF3 and now Planetside 2.

I shall see you all online soon.

Pleasure playing with you so far Meany, welcome [again] to the outfit.

I can take foraging/cooking shifts.

Activated Node
    Real Name - Peter
    Age/Location - 22 - England

What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? -
    Electronic Engineering Degree at Surrey University
    Contract work programmer

What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? -
    My brother brought me here a few years ago, but i stopped playing a while back.
    However I have decided that it is time for my return.

Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Nope

Anything else you want to know? -
    Not sure many people will remember me as I didn't play long but I did lead a few 3 squad and less platoons and once lead a 4 squad platoon. So I would be up for leading again, (i'll speak up during those silent times when the platoon leader says "I'm leaving who wants to lead?".)

Solved the mumble problem

I hope to see you all in the battle field soon!
    Last edited by CherryHood; 09-06-2014 at 09:47 PM. Reason: problem solved

Mumble Cert problem is hard - best to just join with a new nickname

My PS2 Cakeday was 9 June, if you'll allow me to indulge:

Real Name - Gary (still)

Age/Location - 27, Essex, UK
    Much changed outside of the game? -Since last year I've settled into a new home with my SO and son, her evening work leaves me housebound many evenings, so I'm on PS2 more often. I've also made an effort to stop wasting money on new games, expanding my steam library for no reason, and instead invest more time in PS2.
    What kept you in Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun for a year? - Still a big fan of the community here. You people are all lovely and ridiculous in equal measure. I've taken a couple of breaks where WoW grabbed me again, or the games buggy bullshit got too much for me. It's been a pleasure to see RPS develop in ability and organisation, and to play a small part in that.
    Hightlight/s of the year? - The meetup in Manchester last year was a blast, it was great to put names to faces in what was my first IRL meeting of internet people. Dewi's hospitality was great, I was heartened to see him invite so many strangers into his house for Chinese food, and hope we cleared up most of our mess. Outside of that my memory is dreadful for particular in-game caps/alerts/whatever, but we've had some great Silly Mondays and genuinely helpful training.
    Plans for the coming months with RPS? - I'm making an effort to lead more when I can and do my bit to avoid those awkward silences when someone calls for a PL. Not always possible due to time constraints/other distractions at home, but I'm making an effort.

Here's to another year.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Hah, not bad! (Which is European for "really good", in case you Americans were unaware) And welcome!

Who are you playing with, anyway? [RPS] or [RTRS]?
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168