Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Might as well post here..

Real Name - Sven

Age/Location - 24/Estonia
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - I study Materials Science at the university
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - Been reading RPS for couple of years now and i think i got into PS2 beta thanks to someone here, but my computer was old at the time and didn't play much.
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Played Perpetuum couple months and now Guild Wars 2 on and off, not very active though, tend to tinker on my own.
    Anything else you want to know? - I was a squad leader in the military for a while, so eventually i want to try the same here, but first i have to play more as the C2A showed, my map awareness is horrible right now.

Network Hub
    Hey guys, I'm writing some kind of unintroduction here.
    I couldn't make to the call of arms V3 because, i have way too much work in order to finish my semester at university. That wouldn't be a problem on its own, since after that I would have been available again. Sadly, the graphic card on my gaming computer seems to have died on me this weeks. Which means I will not be able to concentrate on anything but my work, YAY!
    ...But that also means that i won't be able to play after may,so mildly less happy yay... I'm a student so I don't have the money to get this fixed soon.
    Sadly, this means i will not be able to participate in outfit play anymore for the time being, which saddens me a fair bit.
    My plans are to have a new rig by september (but then i'll be busy with rome 2...).
    I've really enjoyed all this time playing with you and I hope i'll be able to come back soon.

By then, Go Giraffes!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    No! Sadface. It was a pleasure having you around, despite the unpronounceable name. Hope you come back to us! And thanks for taking the time to let us know.

oh nooo that is so sad, it is almost like we should do something. make a fund or something...
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I have a GTX280 that's been sitting in a drawer doing nothing since I upgraded a year or so ago. I've been meaning to sell it all that time but I have an amazing blind spot for making money. That's why I make all my videos with licensed songs, theres a danger I may profit otherwise.

Anyway, if the postage doesn't make it a waste of time and you're willing to pay that postage, it's yours. It's not top of the line but I think it can still hang. Otherwise, I'll hold onto it until either I sell it (ha!) or someone else is desperate.

Aha! An intervention. Nice!

Here's some dude running PS2 on a 280, quite a while back too so it should run even better now;

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    I have a GTX280 that's been sitting in a drawer doing nothing since I upgraded a year or so ago. I've been meaning to sell it all that time but I have an amazing blind spot for making money. That's why I make all my videos with licensed songs, theres a danger I may profit otherwise.

Anyway, if the postage doesn't make it a waste of time and you're willing to pay that postage, it's yours. It's not top of the line but I think it can still hang. Otherwise, I'll hold onto it until either I sell it (ha!) or someone else is desperate.
    aren't you a hero
    Be my friend on Steam

More fiscally retarded than heroic, and I hope he's actually going to read the offer and hasn't shut his browser never to return

More fiscally retarded than heroic, and I hope he's actually going to read the offer and hasn't shut his browser never to return
    fair enough. you can PM him
    Be my friend on Steam

Here's some dude running PS2 on a 280, quite a while back too so it should run even better now;
    That card is pretty much on the same level as the card I'm using (4870 512MB) and that runs it decent enough. You should be an honorary member of the kindness club.

Obscure Node
    PS2 Tag - mcnite90 (formally went by Binasy)

Real Name - Shane McKnight

Age/Location - 22/Dublin

What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Well when I'm not busy being a student I play rugby and work as a bartender.

What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - I knew Kieron from posting on Qt3 and found the site from there. I usually read it often enough but this is the first time I've ever visited the forums for anything.

Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Nope, but I am active in some other communities under the same handle.

Anything else you want to know? - This is probably the first PC FPS I've played for any length of time and actually enjoyed, not surprising since I enjoy plenty of other team-based games (I'm an avid Dota/LoL nut, although I play a lot less lately).
    Last edited by mcknight; 16-05-2013 at 02:39 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Here's some dude running PS2 on a 280
    That guy's intro is so good. You can almost hear the tears of pleasure running down his face.

Also welcome, new dudes!

But he's playing TR
    Everytime there's another guy running around I wonder why he doesnt shoot him

Hello gents,

PS2 Tag- Maxrael

Real name- Max

Age/Location- 27, Rotterdam (Netherlands)

What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum?- I'm a student of English literature, I play guitar and I work as a chef.

What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun?- You all seem like a particularly nice bunch of people, and I thought I'd join in on some piping hot vanu-on-terran action & assorted scum slaughtering.

Were/are you active in another RPS community?- No.

Anything else you want to know? I'm a complete noob at PS2 (and fps in general) so forgive me if I occasionally attempt to destroy a tank by throwing my medical applicator at it.

Obscure Node
    Howdy all.

PS2 Tag - Skumzilla

Real Name - Jamie

Age/Location - 31, London

What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Guild Wars 2, BF3, lots of boardgaming, and work. Sadly. I'm a sysadmin for a very cool tech company.

What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - Recommendation from another RPS outfit member, as our original gaming group's TF outfit on another server had died away. The lure of playing with a regularly busy outfit overcame my distaste for lasers. Turns out I know more people here than I thought!

Were/are you active in another RPS community? - No, though I've been a reader from the start.

Anything else you want to know? - Is C4 worth it yet? Beyond comedy MAX killing from above with a LA, that is. After coming from BF3 it frustrated the life out of me trying to C4 tanks and Sunderers and barely chipping them.

Welcome, both of you! And, C4 is worth it, but you need to put it on the arse. Two of them.

Obscure Node
    Do 2 on the rear blow a Sundy/Tank now? At the start it didn't, frustratingly.

Go on then...

PS2 Tag - higgyC

Real Name - Chris Higgins

Age/Location - 24, Manchester soon to be London

What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Freelance web designer and journalist

What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - Had been meaning to jump into the fray ever since I saw the first Call To Arms, but never really had the time. Now I've got buckets of the stuff.

Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Despite never joining the forums, I've been hanging around in the steam group and joined in some JC2 MP fun on mumble, but that's about it.

Anything else you want to know? - What's the collective term for a vast swathe of Sunderers?
    Last edited by higgyC; 14-05-2013 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muks View Post
    Do 2 on the rear blow a Sundy/Tank now? At the start it didn't, frustratingly.
    Still doesn't. It's even more frustrating for the ones being blown up, though. So having 2 C4 not blow a Sunderer up is A Good Thing™.