Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    It actually doesn't! I can't remember the base, but we found somewhere the other day that our Giraffe camo made up blend perfectly into the background.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    Really it's a quirky thing. The Giraffe camo looks ugly, and totally fails as camouflage. It's a natural choice for RPS to wear
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    It actually doesn't! I can't remember the base, but we found somewhere the other day that our Giraffe camo made up blend perfectly into the background.
    Back at the beginning, I remember we were at the WG and someone was wearing Giraffe camo. Another commented that it looked horrible, to which the reply was "Yes. It's the worst camo. Isn't it cool?" or something like that. I think that's how it started: everyone thought it was ugly, garrish and any other similar word, so it fit perfectly!

Nevertheless, we also found out that it is also an excellent camo for Indar, and it really confuses enemies, especially NC. Of course nowadays people don't fall for that that easily, but there is always a moment's hesitation. In the beginning it was just the tan thing, the same as the NC default overalls. But I think it works as dazzle camouflage, and it's mainly the darker outlines that do the trick: they disrupt the character model's lines, and the general shape is not that easily discernible.

On a tangent, other camos that work well are the white ones, as they blur the image, the dark green ones, because the shade is neutral and dark, and the black and white ones, especially Indar Dry Brush, which also work on the dazzle principle IMHO. Not a lot of camos actually conceal, but the above make IFF just a little more difficult, and some times that is all you need. Nevertheless, I kind of despise the black and white ones, as that is what the street thugs of Golden Dawn wear (black t-shirts, black-white camo fatigue trousers, black combat boots or Doc Martens).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Makes people look like allies, still. That said, I'd rather gun down the ally than risk my death. It's the NC way.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Obscure Node
    Guess it's my turn then, friend of Age, also a swede in my early twenties. Working in a second hand store, probably going to start studying engineering eventually. My online career started with some CS: Source and then moved onto BF2 and PR.

Age dragged me into the official tournament, through the world cup and into the clan. Due to Age making me I have tried my hand at some squad leading, also helped with some of the leadership/admin parts of the clan, mostly by notetaking and yelling at Age and others when they did something stupid.

Not much to say aside from that, I'm a quiet guy, play a lot of medic in order to pull Age's arse out of the fire while disregarding everything called good use of cover while reviving.

Obscure Node
    Real Name - Robin (see what I did there?)
    Age/Location - 29/Plymouth
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum - Currently unemployed. I have a background in Software Development/Support but like many others have been unlucky in the jobs dept.
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - I have been a long time reader and went to Rezzed last year. Sadly I can't make it this time.
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? - This is the first RPS community I have joined although some of the others tempt me especially the Guild Wars 2 one. A game that I have spent a stupid amount of hours playing.
    Anything else you want to know? - If anyone wants to employ me for making tea and/or killing TR I would be very grateful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    Really it's a quirky thing. The Giraffe camo looks ugly, and totally fails as camouflage. It's a natural choice for RPS to wear
    I dont actually think it looks that ugly.. Its a damn sight better than a lot of them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Maybe we need to switch to Urban Forest​? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Maybe we need to switch to Urban Forest​? :P
    Would that mean we'll have to start giving 'purple urban forest awards' too, I'm not sure it has as good a ring to it
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

I wish they did faction specific giraffe camo so i really could be a purple giraffe.
    AKA Rushtone

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RushTon View Post
    I wish they did faction specific giraffe camo so i really could be a purple giraffe.
    They really should, but it wouldnt be as stand out as the yellow pastel tones!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    You know, it's occurred to me I've not indulged in this one yet so figured I'd do my bit to prove I'm not an advanced Turing AI.

Real Name - Glyn (usually when I tell people this they say "Oh I know someone called Glen" like that means anything)
    Age/Location - 30 / London
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - IT at a big poncey fashion brand on Bond Street. Think of the ponciest, most rapper friendly fashion brand that you'd cross the street to avoid. It's that one.
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - I was already RPS from my time with the lovely Tribes Ascend community who seem to have since been taken away in the mothership. Seemed like the natural progression.
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Whoops... should have drawn this out a little bit more.
    Anything else you want to know? - If 42 is the answer, then why is this sentence so nerdy?
    Picture (if you want) - Disclaimer, I enjoy having my photo taken about as much as a Masai warrior so there aren't that many to choose from. The modern culture of taking so many photos of yourself at an event that you have to go read your own facebook wall to find out what actually happened at it leaves me somewhat cold. That's my excuse for this amazing photo that may or may not be from a few years ago;

maxbleeds2.jpg

I knew it.

I knew i could hear the twang of a Spaniard deep down in those dulcet tones.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Disclaimer, I enjoy having my photo taken about as much as a Masai warrior
    Hahaha i'm exactly the same. I tend to have a knack for the Tibetan monk style. Though, obviously im referring to complete neutrality and obliviousness to trivial things in oppose to self immolation.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Is it just me or does everyone have a beard here?
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Well Rei Onryou is too handsome to be needing such beardy gimmicks. But yeah. PC gamers, go figure.

And Nick, thanks for the reminder that Russell Crowe used to own a neck! In retrospect I probably could have found a better picture than Assassin's Creed Vicar Edition up there. There's even a few where I'm smiling because nobody told me they were pointing a camera my way.

Real Name - Mathieu
    Age/Location - 27, Brussels (Belgium)
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Building websites. Mostly UI/UX dev things, and lots of Javascript.
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - I'm a defector from BURP (SA outfit). We weren't enough anymore and a lot of people came here, so I followed.
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Not at all so far, sorry. I might get into it, but yet-another-forum sounds tedious. I have bookmarked this specific subforum for now.
    Anything else you want to know? - Why did I bought the Eridani?
    Picture (if you want) - Here's a repost. I'll try to get a decent and fairly recent shot later.

Planetside 2 | Miller | [RPS] Irumani
    Guild Wars 2 | Vizunah | [RPS] Morganne Melua /Namassi Melua
    Steam | [FUCA] Skiant

I started out in BURP too, I left a long time before it folded though. I think I lasted about three weeks into post beta before running into the loving embrace of RPS.

Real Name - (Aaron) Skinner
    Age/Location - 26/Glasgow
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum - Bar manager at Bier Halle, Glasgow. Please feel free to visit and receive a 20% Giraffe discount!
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - Call to Arms before last was some of the most fun I've had in social gaming since my days running a WoW clan. Also, I love shooting mens.
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? -
    No, but DayZ standalone is this year...
    Anything else you want to know? -
    I am an avid reader of history and I spend the very little spare time I have reading various science/technology/current events blogs. There is always something I want to know. I think that it's a very serious problem that the majority of society doesn't seem to want to know more about history. There is no meaning without context. That was the question, right?
    Picture:

Quote Originally Posted by Safilpope View Post
    Is it just me or does everyone have a beard here?
    I can't grow a decent beard. It comes in all patchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Komus View Post
    Real Name - (Aaron) Skinner
    Age/Location - 26/Glasgow
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum - Bar manager at Bier Halle, Glasgow. Please feel free to visit and receive a 20% Giraffe discount!
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - Call to Arms before last was some of the most fun I've had in social gaming since my days running a WoW clan. Also, I love shooting mens.
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? -
    No, but DayZ standalone is this year...
    Anything else you want to know? -
    I am an avid reader of history and I spend the very little spare time I have reading various science/technology/current events blogs. There is always something I want to know. I think that it's a very serious problem that the majority of society doesn't seem to want to know more about history. There is no meaning without context. That was the question, right?
    Picture:
    The Bier Halle Republic in Gordon street is my favorite pub!! Any time I'm up in Glasgow we go there for the fantastic pizzas and of course, the beer. Chimay Blue for me, Frulli for the missus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Alright, who messed up and let two scots in? If they start speaking glaswegian to each other you'll all regret it!!
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID