Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Alright, who messed up and let two scots in?
    That ship has long sailed. With Laldy as the captain and Grible as first mate.

Alright, who messed up and let two scots in? If they start speaking glaswegian to each other you'll all regret it!!
    Oi! We Gaels/ Celts are supposed to stick together!! No more potatos for you!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    Oi! We Gaels/ Celts are supposed to stick together!! No more potatos for you!
    Just kidding Laldy, the more people with brilliant accents the better.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

I had most fun/time spent with laldy at rezzed. it was a huge heap of fun.

also that game of The Resistance was awesome.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

The Resistance is such a great game. What version did you guys play?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

The Resistance is such a great game. What version did you guys play?
    err. there are versions?

it had cards, it had carton bits. it had a reject and accept vote and a really small board.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

There's The Resistance and The Resistance:Avalon. The first is more modern day while Avalon is set in ye olde England around King Arthurs time. There's almost no difference between the two other than theme and that Avalon includes special characters like Merlin and Morgana and Percivil and some others. They add in new elements that make the game even more fun. Like Merlin knows who the spys are, but he can't just come out and say it because if Merlin is exposed then the forces of good lose. Percivil knows who Merlin is, but Morgana also pretends to be Merlin so Percivil sees two people who claim to be Merlin and knows one of them is lying but not which one.

Then there's the lady of the lake who allows a player to see someone elses alignment, but he can't openly show the card, so when he tells you "Laldy is a spy! the lady told me", is he lying? Is Laldy a spy? Are you a spy? Is everyone a spy!?

It's just as fun as The Resistance and then some more. If you can play one you can play the other.

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I really wish I'd played The Resistance, the way Laldy explained it it struck me as a more awesome version of Werewolf
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

egh. that sounds like a too simplistic version of shadows over camelot.

mine was definitely the scifi one.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    I really wish I'd played The Resistance, the way Laldy explained it it struck me as a more awesome version of Werewolf
    It's much better than Werewolf because everyone plays right until the game is over. I've played games of Werewofl where someone is taken out of the game ten minutes in and then it goes on for another 30 minutes and that person isn't getting to play.

Steam ID

Network Hub
    Hello. I've been playing with RPS a great deal over the past month and a half, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

Real Name - Technically it's Charles, but Carl will do just fine .
    Age/Location - 18/Scotland.
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Unemployed history student. In my colossal quantity of free time, I'm an avid PC gamer, board/tabletop gamer, and general all-round geek. On my own time, I also study military history, astronomy, and philosophy.
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - I'm a reader of the main site, and I used to play NC on Connery. I decided to join in the May Call-to-Arms, and I loved the community so much that I hung around.
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Never, although you're a great bunch. Wouldn't mind playing other games with RPS too, when I get the chance.
    Anything else you want to know? - As a player, I'm fond of tactical and coordinated play, but also enjoy the fun, chatty atmosphere. Not afraid of helping out with RO/SL roles, and I'd take Casual PL if needed. As a gamer, I play a variety of games, but I'm particularly fond of strategy/tactics games, RPGs, and shooters. As a person, I try to be nice to people.
    Picture (if you want) - The last time someone attempted to capture my likeness on film, I believe the device began to belch acrid black smoke. The only known representation of me is a crude sketch, locked deep in the vault of a Swiss bank, to which I have lost the key.

Also, I kind of like the Giraffe camo.

Network Hub
    Never got round to posting here so here goes.

Real Name - Paul.
    Age/Location - Thirty "bloody hell i'm getting old" Eight.
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - I work in the cosmopolitan world of billing software. Glamorous I know.
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - Read the site, lurked the forums.
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Played a bit in the GW2 guild.
    Anything else you want us to know? -

• I once told Peter Sissons where the loo was.
    • I'm fluent in 0.8 languages.
    • I successfully smuggled a hamster into a Travelodge (No pets?! PAH I refuse to adhere to your rules society!!)
    • I SAVED LALDY'S HAT

Pic in the rezzed threadhttp://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...l=1#post321731

Obscure Node
    Been playing with youse guys, and having a ball, for the last couple of weeks. I plan on sticking around so might as well introduce myself.
    Real Name - Idwal
    Age/Location - 38, Guildford, UK
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Massacre NC. Also, offer lighting technical support at a well-known Dutch electronics firm.
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - Reading the main site, wanting a not-too-serious bunch to play with.
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? - no.
    Anything else you want us to know? - My name really is Idwal. I wish I didn't have to mentally count round clockwise from North in order to give compass directions.
    Picture (if you want) - For all our sakes, no.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Well Rei Onryou is too handsome to be needing such beardy gimmicks. But yeah. PC gamers, go figure.
    Aww! I'm blushing

Quote Originally Posted by Surlywombat View Post
    I SAVED LALDY'S HAT
    And a fine save it was!

Quote Originally Posted by Rei Onryou View Post
    Aww! I'm blushing

And a fine save it was!
    Indeed, I'm eternally grateful to our wombat for this act of heroism.

Real Name - Matthias, but calling me by my nickname Chaoskill0r or Chaos will do too
    Age/Location - 29/Herne, Germany
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Studying Geoinformatics and working for a local medicine delivery service. Other then that, the usual: meeting with friends, going to the cinema, reading stuff (mostly Fantasy/SciFi/40k stuff).

What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - I read the main site for years and decided to follow the "Call To Arms" this june. (I played PS2 as a TR on waterson before that, Heresy, I know :P) What can I say? It was a very pleasent experience.

Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Not yet. But I have noticed that RPS has a StarTrek Online Fleet^^ I might reactived my account and power up my Phaserbanks

Picture - Maybe later, if I have found one which doesnt provoc Eyecancer

yes, join the fleet.

im still in belgium for now, but Ill be back on friday.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    I started out in BURP too, I left a long time before it folded though. I think I lasted about three weeks into post beta before running into the loving embrace of RPS.
    I arrived in BURP a few weeks before they rolled out. Hopefully my presence won't ruin RPS as well.

Also, here's a recent pic where I might pass as an evil mastermind if it wasn't so obvious I'm wasted.
    Planetside 2 | Miller | [RPS] Irumani
    Guild Wars 2 | Vizunah | [RPS] Morganne Melua /Namassi Melua
    Steam | [FUCA] Skiant

welcome to the team SNOWDEN.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    welcome to the team SNOWDEN.
    Now that everyone believe I'm off to Equador, I can safely rest in Belgium and get drunk on local beers.
    Planetside 2 | Miller | [RPS] Irumani
    Guild Wars 2 | Vizunah | [RPS] Morganne Melua /Namassi Melua
    Steam | [FUCA] Skiant