Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Welcome qpop! I'm a long-time member who can't find as much time as I'd like to play Planetside nowadays, so you might not have seen me in-game yet. Hope you like it here and decide to stick around!

PS2 is an utterly astonishing game at times, but can also be utterly bewildering at other times. If there's anything oarticular ou wonder, just asking in text chat or on Mumble will usually get you an answer unless the fighting is really hectic right then, in which case you should probably wait a minute or five anyway.

Hope to see you on Auraxis!

Edit: oh, and the angry Scotsman is joking. Mostly... ehm--Ha, ha, heheh...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qpop View Post
    Anything else you want to know? - How the hell do I play PS2 without dying every twenty seconds!
    The question should be changed to: "How can I die in a way that is most effective and useful for the team, and the grand scheme of things?" :P

I wish they would make vanu exclusive kamikaze vests.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    I wish they would make vanu exclusive kamikaze vests.
    LA spandex isn't one?

Obscure Node
    Hi - new player here, and new to the forum and RPS community. I've been playing PS2 for a few days, got the hang of healing dead folk with my magic gun, other than that I have been running around randomly and dying a lot.
    If you have room for a forty-something old bugger with failing reflexes, hair and memory loss in equal measure and a desperately bad sense of direction I'm your man. See you in Mumble

Obscure Node
    Ah, I forgot to complete my CV

Real Name - Mike
    Age/Location - 44/Sheffield, UK
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Slaughtering? Me? That's really funny
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - Professor Googlemir of Vanu
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Not yet
    Anything else you want to know? - What's the best beer to drink whilst playing PS2?
    Last edited by Butane Bob; 19-01-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Hi Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Butane Bob View Post
    If you have room for a forty-something old bugger with failing reflexes, hair and memory loss in equal measure and a desperately bad sense of direction I'm your man.
    Of course we do
    So you're our man now.
    See you in Mumble
    Planetside 2: Qw33r / Qw33rT;
    Steam: Qw33r

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Hey there! Welcome to the club! Hope you'll enjoy the game in cooperative play. It really makes a difference for the experience...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Real Name - Christine (Didn't see that coming did you?)

Age/Location - 32/Canada

What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum?
    - Kind of like Butane Bob said above..haha, yea I spend most of my time frantically healing everyone (when there's more than say 10 people on the screen I have to have graphics all the way down, and even then I get terrible FPS) because I'm awful at shooting. I'll admit it..my K/D was 7/100 the other day. But in the end, if I'm helping keep our guys going, then I'm being productive and my own "personal glory" means squat. And sorry if I shoot you by mistake..I'll be chasing you down to heal you as soon as I realize it!

IRL-wise, I work at a grocery store. Yaaaaaay.

What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun?
    - One of the posts from a while back on the main site about a Super Sunday or what not event to get people playing.

Were/are you active in another RPS community?
    - I was somewhat active with Neverwinter when it came out. I left for about a month, came back and found that apparently no one was ever on anymore. Other than that, I creep the main site and post every now and then. I creep here too. Creeeeepyyyy...

Anything else you want to know?
    -
    I am a former police officer, and despite my inability to hit the broadside of the TR spawn room, I qualified as an expert marksman. I consider myself a "life-long learner" in that I really enjoy learning new things, taking online courses, listening to lectures, reading, etc. I would eventually like to go back to school, and am considering nursing because I really enjoy helping people and feeling that I am making some kind of positive difference in the world. I'm impressed by how many Swedish people are on here, because I'm trying to learn the language!

Picture (if you want)
    -
    If I could manage to find one that doesn't look like an awful teenager selfie, then maybe.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Butane Bob View Post
    Anything else you want to know? - What's the best beer to drink whilst playing PS2?
    Laldy, someone wants to talk to you!

Quote Originally Posted by TWChristine View Post
    I'm impressed by how many Swedish people are on here, because I'm trying to learn the language!
    This reminds me, we should really do that Silly Monday idea of platoon leading in languages other than English that Ksempac came up with a long time ago!

Also, welcome to Rock Planet Shotgun. :)

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    This reminds me, we should really do that Silly Monday idea of platoon leading in languages other than English that Ksempac came up with a long time ago!

Also, welcome to Rock Planet Shotgun.
    That could be fun, I could try doing it in Czech or my flat mate is starting to teach me Norwegian.

I'm well up for having orders barked at me in Swedish or French or something - I'd prefer French - I don't speak a work of Swedish, at least I got Left and Right in French...

Activated Node
    What about as Gaeilge (In Irish) ?? Given that even the Irish hardly understand it could be interesting :P

Quote Originally Posted by Grible View Post
    I'm well up for having orders barked at me in Swedish or French or something - I'd prefer French - I don't speak a work of Swedish, at least I got Left and Right in French...
    The whole point of it is that you wouldn't understand at all. That's why I've been trying to get Bankrotas to be PL, as he is probably the only one speaking Lithuanian in either outfit (i don't even know how Lithuanian sounds).

Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Laldy, someone wants to talk to you!
    I recommend any Belgian Trappist Beer:

Westmalle Dubbel or Tripel
    Chimay Blue, Red, White
    Rochefort 6, 8, 10
    Achel Dubbel, Tripel
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I've heard that Vanu drink Tennents.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    I recommend any Belgian Trappist Beer:

Westmalle Dubbel or Tripel
    Chimay Blue, Red, White
    Rochefort 6, 8, 10
    Achel Dubbel, Tripel
    You have absolutely excellent taste in beer! I pretty much love most of these too.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Excellent choice. I often drink Seven Giraffes during StratGir. It takes the edge off .