Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    Yeah you would think that, wouldn't you. But no. It can be misunderstood. I'm also known as Andres and Andreas. But when I said the pronouncing thing I meant that some people think that because the name is foreign, it is also pronounced in some sexy, exotic way. Which it isn't.

EDIT. Oh and also, since Orius clearly is from the south, or has been taught by southerners. The d in Anders is NOT silent when pronounced in my glorious North-Western Norwegian accent It is often silent down south, but to hell with them! They're all probably Vanu hippies down there.
    Hah damn excuse my prejudice then, Anders! (yes I am a dirty østlending) Mind you, this only further illustrates how hard it would be for a foreigner to learn Norwegian. The various and really plentiful dialects introduce further inconsistency.

Also yes, I am VS, and pretty proud of that fact.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    You want a postdoc or a private job?
    Private job please, the life of the nomadic postdoc is not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Hah damn excuse my prejudice then, Anders! (yes I am a dirty østlending) Mind you, this only further illustrates how hard it would be for a foreigner to learn Norwegian. The various and really plentiful dialects introduce further inconsistency.

Also yes, I am VS, and pretty proud of that fact.
    We pronounce Anders without the d in Denmark aswell, dunno if that makes it better or worse, norwegian-danish relations have always been a bit, lets say tense

Does it sound like An-ers then? I will have to ask on mumble for one of you to pronounce it sometimes. Pronunciation in languages interests me, even though I think my own English is a bit weak.

Quote Originally Posted by mindburst View Post
    We pronounce Anders without the d in Denmark aswell, dunno if that makes it better or worse, norwegian-danish relations have always been a bit, lets say tense
    Yeah that's the thing, I speak a dialect that is very close to the "default" version of Norwegian which is based more firmly on Danish than the ones you will find in the west.

Age/Location:
    38/Liverpool(Not liverpudlian, moved here with work 12 years ago. My kids are scousers though)
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? Radiologist. So get less and less time playing games Now I seem to be more a collector of games that I seldom play.
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun?
    I have been reading RPS for ages. Played the old planetside more or less from the start until BFR's killed it for me. When SOE let slip they were developing PS2, I couldn't wait. It seemed natural to join the ready made outfit via RPS.

Were/are you active in another RPS community? In a word. No

Anything else you want to know? Apart from how to find more time in my days. No not really.

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    We need more people doing this. I find it really interesting to see what you all do in the day to day. Its nice to get to know you guys (a little) better .

agree, and i want pictures

My posts here and in another thread were swallowed last evening during prime time and I'm still waiting for the mods to fix them (I did send a PM to an online mod but never got a reply. I cried all night!). Now I'm just going to try editing the post in here. This is ridiculous!

Real Name - Jacob. Jickelsen, silly as it may sound, is a portmanteau of my first and last name, which people starting calling me during that military thing many swedes had to do. I get called Jickel a lot IRL too, which seems to roll off Swedish tongues easier than English ones.

Age/Location - 27/Gothenburg, Sweden (Esoteric! Hallå ellerrr!)

What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - I'm studying interaction design with a focus on game development, making lots of little experimental games in my spare time and joining as many game jams as possible. My tool of choice is Unity. I used to study aerospace engineering but I realized in the nick of time I needed to work in a more creative (and artsy) field. Who needs real rockets when there's Kerbal Space Program anyway??

What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - I've been reading the main site since '07, loving the particular style of writing and PC focus. I did play a bit of Team Fortress 2 on the RPS server but never delved too deep into the community until now. I actually started playing with our Goon friends (as in [BURP]) on Miller, but decided to try joining RPS when I ditched my old Pro7-account for a SOE one. I liked you lovely bunch enough to become a permanent resident!

Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Not really, see above.

Anything else you want to know? - Ron Mael of Sparks is my secret valentine FOREVER and EVER and a spectacular vehicular stunt is ALWAYS worth it (even if it makes you blow up).

Picture
    JickelTwitterProfileCompr.jpg
    Last edited by Jickelsen; 14-02-2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Being able to actually contribute to the thread

Network Hub
    Real Name - Robin
    Age/Location - 33 / Oxford, UK
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - I grow mushrooms. But this week, I have mostly been growing mould
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - Long time reader / lurker. PS2 sounded like the game I always wanted to play... and it is, pretty much.
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Nope. But when DayZ comes out we should team up.
    Anything else you want to know? - I'm just glad I didn't name myself 4rseb4ndit
    Picture (if you want) - NC didn't even notice me
    2914_170007070374_4590360_n.jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jickelsen View Post
    27/Gothenburg, Sweden (Esoteric! Hallå ellerrr!)
    Nä men tjänna, dô! De' va' la' rolit!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Nä men tjänna, dô! De' va' la' rolit!
    But you are not called Glen, these guys are NOT legit!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Glenn is my middle name. (not)

So, the in-joke here is that Gothenburg at one point during the early 80's had no less than four (4) football players named Glenn in its most prominent team. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_(name)
    Last edited by EsotericReverie; 14-02-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    A slightly old pic of me looking grumpy:

a.jpg

To elaborate on the artist bit, I'm a game artist/animator/designer/whatever else is needed from me working at an indie company.

I'm also willing to do little graphical bits/pics should anyone want them for the movie or somesuch :]

I introduce you to....(Roll of thunder... Flash of forked lightning, Music by Der Chiltren ov zee night...) the Beard!!

2013-02-04 13.48.37.jpg

Really of course, this is just another excuse for a gratuitous Angus pic

Jesus H Christ! It's the fourth member of ZZ Top!

Ahhhh. gothenburg. it is made of awesome.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Network Hub
    Aww... congrats, Laldy!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    You look almost exactly how I imagined you Laldy. Good beard.
    Find me on the Steams

Beards are made of win.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."