Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Real Name - James

Age/Location - 22, Western Australia

What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Advanced Rigger / IT tech by trade, I formerly worked with microwave communications on large radio / mobile towers. I'm currently trying to get a shot firing traineeship at the largest open pit mine in the southern hemisphere, because why not.

What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun? - I've played PS2 only briefly, and I've heard it is far better in a group. You all seem like a friendly bunch who may be willing to forgive a terrible player.

Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Not at the moment, though I'm trying to find blokes to play with in MW:O.

And because of reasons:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yay, I finally got my account to work! \(^^)/

Real Name - Andreas
    Age/Location - 24 / Stockholm, Sweden
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - I'm a master student, studying Language Science with a specialization in Bilingualism. But in general, if it has to do with language, I'm interested in it!
    What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun? - I read a couple of articles about the game and the outfit on the website. Had been playing the game since beta with friends and thought that it'd be nice to play with a larger group of people. I started playing on wednesday and has pretty much been playing exclusively with you guys since christmas.
    Anything else you want to know? -
    I train archery in real life, and am really good at focusing on stuff. Like, crazy good. With the consequence of me not really being aware of my surroundings when focusing too much. Like, for example, not really paying attention to mumble while in a dogfight. So if I zone out on mumble, it's probably 'cause I'm doing something really cool that helps the outfit.

Note to all Gothenburgians: it costs around 2000Kr per person to fly to Vienna at around december. You can probably get some for 1600.

I know this because we went to gothenburg for the newyears, and paid about 8000Kr.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Note to all Gothenburgians...
    All two of us, I believe? Still, that's not too bad for a city our size. You did explain why you came here, I am sure, but I forgot.

Wifey and I are sort of dreaming/planning of/for a trip to one of the great metropoli of Europe this summer. Any tips for where to go and what to do there?

well vienna definitely has to be on the list. one of the most clean/touristfriendly/classical cities of europe. it has the oldest zoo in the world as well as the original palace on which the Versailles was based on. (Schönbrunn)

If you dont like the classical stuff, Im sure theres enough other things to see, like the old imperial stables turned museums district for contemporary art.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Heh, contemporary art is most definitely not our thing;the classical stuff is much more interesting.

I wouldnt call LARPing classical ;D
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

But it is often done in a historical or historical fantasy kind of setting. We've been active in a kind of medieval reenactment-like group for many years too, so our interests lie more towards history than modern times.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    But it is often done in a historical or historical fantasy kind of setting. We've been active in a kind of medieval reenactment-like group for many years too, so our interests lie more towards history than modern times.
    well theres enough here. Not that much medieval stuff, though.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

well vienna definitely has to be on the list. one of the most clean/touristfriendly/classical cities of europe. it has the oldest zoo in the world as well as the original palace on which the Versailles was based on. (Schönbrunn)
    The memories you are invoking in my head is making it increasingly difficult to resist going back there, man... Schönbrunn was amazing.

norway to vienna isnt that expensive either ;D
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Too many Vanu scumbags here!

Real Name
    -
    Erik
    Age/Location - 25, the far North of Sweden
    What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - I teach English and social studies to upper-secondary students.
    What brought you to Rock Traitor Shotgun? - FREEDOM, baby.
    Were/are you active in another RPS community? - EVE with RPSH!
    Anything else you want to know? - Huge fan of flying in Planetside despite of not being much good at it!

Erk.jpg
    BobHound - EVE Online

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanban View Post
    Too many Vanu scumbags here!
    Blasphemy. Vanu are your saviours. NC might have the nice rock music, but you couldnt handle the TR alone!

Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    Blasphemy. Vanu are your saviours. NC might have the nice rock music, but you couldnt handle the TR alone!
    We might be scumbags, but there is only one team that looks good at the same time and it is us
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

We are Swank™ and Svelt™.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    We are Swank™ and Svelt™.
    Dont forget velvety soft.

Real Name - Nick

Age/Location - 30/West Sussex

What do you do when not slaughtering TR scum? - Does flying Scythes into the ground count? No...? I'm a "Network Monkey" working in the NHS.

What brought you to Rock Planet Shotgun/Rock Traitor Shotgun? - I've been reading RPS for a few years and when I got into PS2 decided to join up with the Traitors. I was swiftly captured (after crashing my Reaver into an air tower) and after several weeks of 'Re-education Therapy' was born again into the mighty purple light of the Giant Space Giraffe.

Were/are you active in another RPS community? - Nope

Anything else you want to know? - I'm usually extremely quiet while in mumble, however this is because I've either forgotten to plug my mic in or just forgotten to turn it on. In either case I'm usually chatting away none the wiser. So if you see my name pop up in the mumble overlay and can't hear anything, that's why! :P

Picture (if you want) - This is a bit of an old picture, it was probably taken three years ago or so but it's the only one I have access to while at work.
    It was taken while I was volunteering at a local Falconry Centre, which was probably the best seven months of my life right there.
    Last edited by Carpe_Dentum; 22-02-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Smelling pistakes

I've gotta say, there's a lot of fine facial furniture in this thread. Another solid beard on display there Nick!

Network Hub
    I want a falcon! I've heard they are hard work, though.

Well she's a Harris Hawk named Roach. She was the tamest thing you could hope meet. There's nothing quite like a Harris Hawk sitting on your shoulder preening your hair. :P