Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    I see a problem: random generated content is good if you game has big replayability, and the randomness is not the content (the content being something else).

But a mistery game? would be something that you only play once?

Anyway we got that "elevator" mod for garris mod, that was great. So maybe this is a cool idea.
    Well, theoretically, it would alter the mystery? Sort of like playing Clue with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    And if this thread were about a male figure in the gaming industry whose biggest claim to fame was posting a picture of himself sticking his tongue in the disc slot of a Wii, do you think nobody would be making any sexual jokes or remarks, or calling him an attention whore?
    And I think that a male figure could do that and people would say it was "ironic" and nobody would care. In fact, I distinctly recall quite a few over the years who have done that and made jokes and are still "taken seriously" for their writing.

Hell, the more "fun" RPS articles tend to involve innuendo and really awkward (yet humorous) jokes, but "nobody" goes on a rant that RPS is nothing but a joke site.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    I might have talked about her at all if I knew who she was. I was kind of more interested in the OT, dream love persisting into waking life thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    I might have talked about her at all if I knew who she was. I was kind of more interested in the OT, dream love persisting into waking life thing.
    Agreed. I think the concept is really nifty and I have no idea what she has ever done. But I also have no idea what most game journalists have ever done. To me, game journalism (with respect to the mainstream sites) is like background music in a game. If done well, I never notice what writer is doing the writing but it results in a good article (just like I never notice what music is playing, but it serves to improve the experience).

I just took offense at the trend that was continuing and then the hilarious statement about her not being allowed to complain because she was asking for it or whatever.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Agreed. I think the concept is really nifty and I have no idea what she has ever done. But I also have no idea what most game journalists have ever done. To me, game journalism (with respect to the mainstream sites) is like background music in a game. If done well, I never notice what writer is doing the writing but it results in a good article (just like I never notice what music is playing, but it serves to improve the experience).

I just took offense at the trend that was continuing and then the hilarious statement about her not being allowed to complain because she was asking for it or whatever.
    I never even implied she was asking for it. I merely stated the absurdity of posing for a sexually provocative picture, then complaining about being seen as a sex object. That's like getting hired due to affirmative action, then complaining about minorities being given special treatment.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    How can she complain when she have pics like this on internet..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Clearly she was forced by her boss into posing for those shots.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Writting:

Thats not relevant to she as writter.

We can wait and see if his writting is any good... or not, and judge that based on that.

---

Face:

I don't find her atractive. She has a good body, but her face is not feminine enough, IMHO. Also, some of his poses are awkward, like a person with a problems on the bones. I think her represent the type of beaty we see in comercials and some movies, but is a ideal type of prettyness that is not sexy at all, is too classic and boring.

When the fuck did this thread go from "here's a new upcoming game" to "rate this person's physical appearance"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    When the fuck did this thread go from "here's a new upcoming game" to "rate this person's physical appearance"?
    What else are you meant to do with naked photos of girls?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    What screenshots,do you mind posting them ??

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    What else are you meant to do with naked photos of girls?
    Every time I see a Sasha Grey movie I think how good her voice acting was at Saints Row 3.

I'm sorry, but what you do defines what people think about you. She is a woman who licked a portable console ( that is an oral sex reference by the way ) she is also a woman who agreed to having her ME3 character make out with Shepard.

These are both facts, her game might be good, might be bad ( and I hope it is good ) but it will be the game of the girl who licked a console. If her game is good, the next one will be the game of the girl who wrote that other game which was good.

You are a collection of what you do before. She's on the right track in making a name for herself apart from the nurse outfits or licking objects or being the pretty girl on that gaming related show. But until she does that, I don't think she can complain about being objectified.
    Last edited by Caddybear; 08-02-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post

Those hands are so smooth I'm surprised the light hitting one of them isn't blinding.
    Virtual Pilot 3D™ NEVER NOT SCAM!

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Conan O'Brien licked a controller yesterday in a display of lust for some female AI in Halo 4. It's probably not relevant, but I'll just leave it here in case someone wants to make it relevant.

Those shots look good but they don't look like true screenshots,looks kinda touched up ?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I never even implied she was asking for it. I merely stated the absurdity of posing for a sexually provocative picture, then complaining about being seen as a sex object. That's like getting hired due to affirmative action, then complaining about minorities being given special treatment.
    Yes, and there wouldn't be anything wrong with that either. Plenty of governments through history have been elected under one system, then used that power to change it (for better or worse).

So a girl with hot photos of herself online doesn't get to have an opinion on objectification? Maybe she wanted to pose like that because she enjoys it. Maybe she did it as she knew some of her fans would enjoy seeing the photos. The problem is when you reduce her to just the photos, and that should be your problem, not hers.

I mean she is hot, and I enjoy seeing hot women in skimpy clothing. I hate the idea we live in a world where a woman has to choose between posing like that and being taken seriously. Because that means less women will pose in skimpy clothing. And I'm shallow like that.

(Of course it doesn't apply everywhere, plenty of 'serious' actresses have done shoots for FHM and the like and don't get this sort of shit...)

Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    You are a collection of what you do before.
    Exactly. "A collection". So tell me about everything she's done. All her work in video journalism? That you don't know about. Because you're only looking at one tiny part of the 'collection' of stuff she's done and judging her on that alone. Which is odd as I'm fairly sure the few photo-shoots she has done were a minor part of her career against all the time she spent producing, writing and presenting video content. So why the obsession with her tits? Because you saw them and stopped looking. Well done.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    Help me count games featuring a creepy asylum !

- this game
    - Sanitarium
    - Thief 3
    - Anchorhead

----------------

I predict the procedural generation in this game will mean there are completely static rooms connected in a random order.

-----------

As for girl - who clearly is desperate for attention, multiple provoking photos like that can't be an accident - I agree with Tei. Her face is like plain chicken and rice. Plain chicken and rice is served at weddings and official parties not because everyone adores it, but because it's something everyone hates the least.
    Last edited by b0rsuk; 08-02-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    pass

There is also one upcoming game with parkour in creepy asylum lol,and its horror ? Also trailer looked good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    My favourite Chobot moment:

Then there's the Chobot vs Blizzard's Korean Soap Knob video...

I want her game to be a success. If Kasavin turned out to be a good developer, why can't she?

Those shots look good but they don't look like true screenshots,looks kinda touched up ?
    UE4 lighting and particles + chromatic aberration. The models are low-poly and the hands are the same mirrored model.

Painkiller features a creepy asylum.

To be fair, I'm a chicken so it won't be very hard to scare me. I can't even play Amnesia in broad daylight.

Pics snipped for space, see above.
    What's with this grrrrrl? Doesn't she know the position of Felicia Day has already been filled?

Don't get me wrong, I think we need more girls playing games. But grrrrrl gamers kind of annoy me, you know the kind that demand your attention because they're grrrrls and they play games, and you're a nerd who's never touched a grrrrl.

Not that any of the girls I know are like that. ;)