I'm going to be experimenting

With spam controls, user settings, and a number of other things over the coming weeks.

Please, PLEASE use the spam report button if you see spam, so that I can remove and monitor it.

Also, you can use the report post button to report those members of the community who are not being excellent to other community members. It's hard to believe such people exist, but there we have it.

cheers,
    -jim

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    I have had a brief-but-intense inner struggle about whether I should report this thread,
    but I have emerged the victory and am stronger for it. Now, it's time for hunting robots.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    I want a game where robots hunt YOU

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkasaurusmex View Post
    I want a game where robots hunt YOU
    Me specifically? Dream on, chump. It would take an awfully Big Robot to hunt me.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

in soviet rossignol, rawbuts hunt jew!
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm stuck in spamfilter limbo, I cannot make any posts on the main website since today.

Obscure Node
    I cannot even enter the main site:

Access has been blocked.

Your IP [xx.xx.xxx.xx] is found at Project Honey Pot .
    If you feel this is incorrect please contact them.

Protected by: AVH First Defense Against Spam

It would be nice if my IP wasn´t dynamic, so who knows when or who used it to spam :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well, I have a static IP and cannot comment anymore. It also tells me I'm trying to be outsmart the system(?).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    JP1138, can you get a new IP from your ISP? If not, whitelist it at the project honeypot website.

http://www.projecthoneypot.org/white_list.php

You can first look and see if its blocked and for what reason. I looked up my IP at honeypot and project stop forum spam, and im not blocked at either. So I have no idea why I'm blocked at RPS! Are you guys keeping your own blacklist?

EDIT: The plugins checks the following:

eatures

• PHP 5 is required.
    • The visitor's IP can be checked at the following third parties:

So you can check all those links and see if your blocked. They all have links on the website. I am not blocked in any of those. So if you all else fails then it may be a local RPS problem.
    Last edited by pepper; 07-03-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I tried something else, that is disabling all the addons in firefox, namely:

DNT(Do Not Track)
    Ghostery
    Adblock+
    NoScript

This didnt have any effect.

I also tried making a new account for RPS, but this didnt have any effect, same results(still blocked). I also tried a proxy I use (anonymouse.org) but that didnt have any effect either, some spammer must have used it, and it has also been blocked. All I can think of now is some sort of internal blacklist that is being used that blocks on IP, but still allows the content to be served up.

Anybody have any bright idea's?

Obscure Node
    pepper, I managed to get a new IP after turning off the router for some minutes. Regarding your problem, I suppose the only way would be if some moderator/site admin dropped by this thread.