Hot Fix Summary :

Depot - G30 Walker and G40-F Ranger now available for Sunderer
    Membership status info pane will correctly show players membership tier
    Medical kits can be resupplied again
    The Stronghold will no longer occasionally spawn players at a bad location
    Prowler Anchor projectile speed bonus was incorrectly set too high
    Hill climbing restrictions on Flash Turbo removed
    Improved some oddities with vehicle collision causing excessive damage
    Fixed some issues with fall damage being a little more punishing than it should have been, especially falling onto vehicles

Gameplay adjustments:

Nanite Auto Repair System
    Disabled from damage time decreased by 2 seconds.
    Amount of damage repaired increased for all vehicles

ESF Composite Armor
    Increased bonus against flak by 5% each rank.
    Increased bonus against small arms fire by 2% each rank.

M14 Banshee
    Increased direct hit damage to 140 (up from 110).
    Magazine certline adjusted to 6/9/12/15.

Lock-on weapons (A2A Missiles & Lock-on heavy assault weapons)
    Lock-on Angle reduced. Targets must be closer to the center of the crosshair in order to lock-on.

NS Annihilator
    Base lock-on acquire time increased from 2 seconds to 3 seconds.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    ESF Composite Armor
    Increased bonus against flak by 5% each rank.
    Increased bonus against small arms fire by 2% each rank.

Lock-on weapons (A2A Missiles & Lock-on heavy assault weapons)
    Lock-on Angle reduced. Targets must be closer to the center of the crosshair in order to lock-on.

NS Annihilator
    Base lock-on acquire time increased from 2 seconds to 3 seconds.
    I'm guessing this takes ESF composite armour right back to where it was prior to 12th Jan hotfix - http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...1-12-13.78444/ - whereby it was stated that "Bonus of Composite armor for ESF reduced by 5% each rank (10/15/20/25 down from 15/20/25/30)"

Suppose it's always a tricky one to get right, but it does seem we keep swinging from "air is OP", so nerf air, buff ground, to "ground is OP" so nerf ground & buff air Though with the bug fixes and improvements to other anti air I think it's fair to say ground is fairing better against air these days than before Christmas.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The problem is that Flak is fine, everyone likes flak. Its visible, deals constant damage, dodgable, requires skill and "sacrifice" from the user. I like flak killing ESFs fast. What everyone hates is the heavy lock on launchers which has none of the characteristics of flak. It is often invisible, once launched undodgable unless lucky with terrain, requires no skill, and really has no cost or downside.

If flak was the primary anti air the game would be perfectly fine but right now flak is pretty rare compared to just masses of lock on launchers.

I stand by my idea to make lock-on launchers require locks to be held for the duration of the flight as a solution to the bullshit spam.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    I stand by my idea to make lock-on launchers require locks to be held for the duration of the flight as a solution to the bullshit spam.
    Yeah,. that sounds pretty reaasonable, really. At least against moving targets. Locking and firing will set the missile flying in the right direction, but if the target moves, you need to keep the lock. Makes it work about the same against stationary targets, but much less effective against mobile ones.

It's a decent tradeoff from the dumbfire as well, cutting down on rate of fire in exchange for making it easier to hit stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Also, annihilators should be taken out of the game. 100% serious. That shit was a bad idea.
    Find me on the Steams

Obscure Node
    This would be a fantastic solution, at least then you have a better incentive for dumb firing.

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Also, annihilators should be taken out of the game. 100% serious. That shit was a bad idea.
    Well if they do the constant-lock solution they would actually be pretty balanced. But in their current state, yes I agree.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Until HAs render at a reasonable distance, yes.

I'm sure render distance wasn't this bad in beta. I was managing to rocket pod / Zephyr bomb HAs from a significant distance, blowing them up or scaring them off before they got a lock on.

But the amount of times I've been blown up by invisible rockets because the HAs are out of render distance is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    The problem is that Flak is fine, everyone likes flak. Its visible, deals constant damage, dodgable, requires skill and "sacrifice" from the user. I like flak killing ESFs fast. What everyone hates is the heavy lock on launchers which has none of the characteristics of flak. It is often invisible, once launched undodgable unless lucky with terrain, requires no skill, and really has no cost or downside.

If flak was the primary anti air the game would be perfectly fine but right now flak is pretty rare compared to just masses of lock on launchers.
    Flak takes skill? Maybe compared to lock ones. They're large CoF with proximity fuses. You don't really have to lead, you just have to generally lead okay-ly.
    Vulcan and G30 take some skill though.

But yeah, low skill weapons shouldn't be hard counters to anything. I wish the Skyguard was 2 G30's, it'd be awesomely powerful but take skill.
    Won't help much for ground-to-air though would for air-to-air. Still an instant death with lots firing at once. Just would take longer to reload and kill the next target, assuming reload was kept the same and only starts after hit.

Activated Node
    Everyone is saying that, except for the people that essentially wished Vehicles just plain didn't exist in this game, but SoE won't listen.
    Rocket pods should be just completely removed from the game as well. Most everyone thinks so except the people that only view infantries and ground vehicles as NPCs to feed certs to, but SoE won't listen there either.

I can't tell if SoE is really naive, or if they're just willing to destroy their game for $7. =[

Activated Node
    They can remove every lock-on weapon as far as I'm concerned. Buff the Skyguard some more and make turrets harder to kill.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by innociv View Post
    Rocket pods should be just completely removed from the game as well. Most everyone thinks so except the people that only view infantries and ground vehicles as NPCs to feed certs to, but SoE won't listen there either.
    Easily countered though.
    Find me on the Steams

They already nerfed the lockons, what more you want?
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    All of this.
    Yay! Haven't played yet, but the prowler projectile thing was ridiculous.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    i agree, but it's not going to happen. SOE is bound by the shitty f2p thing here, as they can't really remove a paid for weapon. Best thing we can hope for is that they change the mechanics significantly to make the current spam impossible. I dont have my hopes up though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Having lock on weapons is fine, they should just have a backside in form of resource costs, cooldowns or similar. Preferably they should be more skillbased as well. Say crappy turn radius but high speed so if you wanna hit that ESF you better lead your target properly. That way there is actually something to learn if you want to use it. More fun for everyone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Actually, I don't think the missiles even move in the direction you point the tube, initially. They just go straight towards your target. I tried curving around obstacles a few times, doesn't seem to work.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    I wish all ammo would cost resources. Yes all ammo (even infantry), ammo packs should need some tweaking, but otherwise, cost reductions should be a base bonus, not a continent bonus. Amp stations would give 10 % of ammo purchases, techlabs would discount mechanized costs in that continent (capped at -15%), biolabs stay the same and give bonus healing power to medics, medkits and discount medkits/regen kits.
    Towers would give you air resources discount (5% per tower (not satelite, but stand alone base tower), capped at 15%)
    Other bases could give some other bonuses, while continents give rather a certain 20-25 cert reward and global xp gain bonus for 2 days or end of the week, on next week continent would be unlocked and maybe reset, but I don't know yet. Just thinking this while typing.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/