Trying a sure play? That's a Nuffling

I had a thought that might be fun - post up your worst nuffling story.

For example, my last match with Everblue he managed to triple skull with Morg and fail the loner roll.

For me, I'd have to say it was when I attacked the ballcarrier with my Block troll and double skulled, then passed the loner roll, and double skulled again.

Much rage was had.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    SSC, season 15, I am playing Norse. First match, vs humans. I receive. Turn 1, I do a three dice block with my yhetee. Triple skull. Reroll. Loner. Turnover. Next turn my opponent fouls the yhetee, killing it.

Naggeroth, matchmaking to level up a Nurgle team for the Open. First turn against Undead the level 4 beast makes a GFI to mark the carrier - fails, passes loner, fails again, falls over, -1 ST, fails regen.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I should also say that in that Norse game I had two more players killed by half time, one by a rock from the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    I should also say that in that Norse game I had two more players killed by half time, one by a rock from the crowd.
    My norse team in RPS had a player die every match for four matches. The final straw was a death and several career ending injuries in the first few turns.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    It was my first match with my elf team, had my catcher make a 2+ dodge in the first turn, failed, used a reroll, failed, broke armour, casualty, died.

My teams first dodge.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

It was against me but here you go. A Deathroller 3 die blocked one of my zombies, rolled triple skulls, rerolled triple skulls, failed the armor roll, rolled dead on the injury table then the apoth rerolled dead also.

The single most unlucky thing I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Axler View Post
    It was against me but here you go. A Deathroller 3 die blocked one of my zombies, rolled triple skulls, rerolled triple skulls, failed the armor roll, rolled dead on the injury table then the apoth rerolled dead also.

The single most unlucky thing I have ever seen.
    That sounds horrendous, dead/dead rolls on an apoth always feel like a travesty of injustice. I once had a lv 4 troll roll dead/dead and then fail regen, and it was absolutely infuriating.

As for nuffling stories I can't think of a specific incident right now, but in general I find AGI 5 or 6 to be horrifically unlucky. It's a curse, I'm sure - you get +1 AGI on an elf, and karma prevents you from ever rolling anything above a 1.

I've got two Dark Elf teams with multiple AGI 5 players, and I regret ever taking the sodding things. I might as well be playing with a team of Ogres who can't even pick the ball up!
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Last match: got the ball out of a melee, into fairly clear space. Decided to form a cage. Two players went into position fine. A third, a Blitzer, had to use Go For It, and proceeded to fail the dice roll. And then fail the armour roll. And then fails the injury roll. And then scored a 6 on the injury table. Yeah, he died by failing a Go For It roll. Not quite as bad as Axler's example, but still pretty terrible.

Network Hub
    I had a Krox die on a fresh Lizardman team in turn 2 of their first game. The very next game I induced a merc Krox, who was promptly injured on the first block of the first turn and out for the entire rest of the game.

Failing to pick up the ball 6 times in a row on a Sure Hands Thro-Ra.

That's 1:4096; I was a bit miffed :(

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    In the DoD, Goblin Fanatic vs a hafling. You guessed it: that's a triple skull re-rolled to a triple skull. Not my worst ever nuffling in terms of consequences, but one of the most ridiculous from a fluff point of view.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusibeta View Post
    Last match: got the ball out of a melee, into fairly clear space. Decided to form a cage. Two players went into position fine. A third, a Blitzer, had to use Go For It, and proceeded to fail the dice roll. And then fail the armour roll. And then fails the injury roll. And then scored a 6 on the injury table. Yeah, he died by failing a Go For It roll. Not quite as bad as Axler's example, but still pretty terrible.
    There was a 150 SPP minotaur in the OCC with ST6, block, dodge, break tackle, claw. He died on a failed dodge.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    SSC, season 15, I am playing Norse. First match, vs humans. I receive. Turn 1, I do a three dice block with my yhetee. Triple skull. Reroll. Loner. Turnover. Next turn my opponent fouls the yhetee, killing it.
    I'm pretty sure I heard that screaming. Wondered what it was all about.

Network Hub
    Well, I'm new to the game my story is from a offline competition so it doesn't have the impact of an online league event, but I'm so pissed that I need to share it anyway.
    I've sent my High Elf Catcher with Sure Feet to the endzone to receive a pass. He had to 'Go For It' once to get there. He tripped and DIED. Then I used the apothecary and he still DIED.
    I'm gonna love it when this stuff happens in an online game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    And the moral of the story is to never go for it. :)

Thought I'd share my last game here. It was the single most amazing game of Blood Bowl I've played in a long time.

It was pretty standard ogre gameplay with the exception that the opponent didn't roll any defender downs against my snotlings. My opponent then tried picking both down(he didn't have block and it was the end of his turn). My snotling wasn't too fond of the beastman who tried this and promptly badly hurt him.

Next was his Chaos Warriors turn, my ogre decided to smash his collarbone(-str), nothing too out of the ordinary.

On turn 7 he tried the both down trick again on my ball carrier and my ball carrier snotling promptly decided that this would not go unpunished and knocked the blitzing beastman out.

The latter half was him just pretty much stalling and me fouling his remaining fouled players(he had like 5 or 6 on the pitch at the start of the half). I did manage to inflict a pinched nerve and a ko, but nothing major.

In the end what was the funniest was that the snotlings actually did the major damage and the ogres just kind of stood around doing nothing other than exerting tackle zones.

Here is the Orca Cola image.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    As for nuffling stories I can't think of a specific incident right now, but in general I find AGI 5 or 6 to be horrifically unlucky. It's a curse, I'm sure - you get +1 AGI on an elf, and karma prevents you from ever rolling anything above a 1.

I've got two Dark Elf teams with multiple AGI 5 players, and I regret ever taking the sodding things. I might as well be playing with a team of Ogres who can't even pick the ball up!
    This man speaks the truth. I have a pretty new WE team with an AGI6 wardancer (he has those 2 agi upgrades and strip ball+basics).

I need him to perform a single 2+ dodge (tbh almost anything is 2+ for him). 1-reroll-1. next turn i need to move a single square again. 1-reroll-1, stunned. Goal happens, a spectator throws a rock at him and he's BH'd out (The way it was going, the moment i saw rock hit him i expected dead).

The man generally does either totall bullshit manovers or fails anything ever (if his first 2+ works, he could propably dodge into a box, strip the ball, dodge into tacklezone to take it and waltz out...i don't dare it) it's pretty much 50/50 that he'll fail that first 2+ he tries.