Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SandmanXC View Post
    I recently got the game, and played a few MM matches on Auld, but the 40s turn limit is terrible. How do I play mathmaking with at least 1.5 minutes of turn time?..
    Firstly, Auld is pretty terrible because it lets you challenge as well as matchmake, so it's full of teams who have easy-moded their way to ridiculous stats by challenging their friends. Naggaroth is better.
    It's easy to avoid the 40 second game, and you should. In the matchmaking, when you're choosing which teams to matchmake with, you can set maximum and minimum turn times for each team - I usually go through and set both to 2 minutes, since I lack the attention span for the 4 minute game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Your options are 40s, 2 minutes, or 4 minutes. When you click on a team in the matchmaking thing (I think, I don't do this very often) it'll give you two dropdowns for min and max time, so set min to 2 minutes and max to 4 to maximise your chances of finding an opponent.

Missed this yesterday or I would have linked our FAQ, which covers BB on RPS mostly. Looks like you're off to a good start though.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Network Hub
    It's a little late for the OP but maybe someone will benefit from it.
    Buying Chaos Edition straight away is not the cheapest way to get it. You can buy Legendary first and then Chaos which saves you around 30 %. In mainland EU it's 10 € for LE and 30 € for Chaos (10 € after loyalty discount). I managed to buy LE even cheaper from a third party company by just googling 'blood bowl steam code' and I saved about 55 %.

Activated Node
    Ventured out from the RPS Challenge league into Naggaroth (with a Dark Elf team, appropriately). Couldn't seem to fail a dodge or pass and my elves stubbornly refused to eat the dirt. Resulting in a 4-1 victory, 80k gold, a nice spread of SPPs, and +1 agility for my runner. Downside is that I'm so dead when my luck balances out.

Suffice to say, I am quite enjoying the game.

Congratulations on your win. You're right that there will come a game (or seven) where luck seems to have deserted you and your opponent can't fail a roll. Consider it a test of character - if you can keep your head while all about you a damn lucker just made two dodges with an ag3 werewolf and two go for its and two single die block rolls to surf your man, then you're a better man than me.
    Seething, I was. Seething. Especially as Lucky McLuckerson only had two rerolls and spent the game blithely doing, and succeeding with, single die block after single die block.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Seething, I was. Seething. Especially as Lucky McLuckerson only had two rerolls and spent the game blithely doing, and succeeding with, single die block after single die block.
    I reckon one day I'll suffer a minor aneurysm from this. 'Infuriating' does not adequately describe it when an opponent makes a billion successful single die blocks, and my first one results in skull-reroll-skull.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    But look on the bright side. You are the better man.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Will be picking this up next sale. An old friend I played the board game with has moved away so we figure this will be a good way to stay playing.

Activated Node
    Well, that post was moderated, thus delayed. I have since kept up the winning streak but suffered quite a few casualties. A witch elf has made a lovely addition and another agility 5 player means I can drive people nuts with throwing play. When they're not rolling 1s, anyway. I'm even utilising the dump off skill effectively.

My ag5 blitzer just got a +mv, but the +av actually seems appealing even though nobody ever seems to take it. I wouldn't consider it if he didn't have the extra agility. Potentially keeping him alive longer seems sensible...

It's hard not to feel bad for the opposing coach sometimes. I played a game where every kick-off result was the crowd throwing a rock at an opposing player (one being an injury). Except the last kick-off, which was a pitch invasion where half his team were stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon View Post
    A witch elf has made a lovely addition and another agility 5 player means I can drive people nuts with throwing play. When they're not rolling 1s, anyway.
    In my experience, having Agi 5 is about the equivalent of Agi 2 due to the quantity of 1s you seem to roll.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The best thing about AG5 is that dodging into 1 TZ is still a 2+. Suddenly you can pull off some seriously bullshit cage-cracking antics.

I had an AG5 blitzer on my high elf team for a while. He got killed by a lightning bolt, apo'd to -1AG. I let him die. Good times.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    In my experience, having Agi 5 is about the equivalent of Agi 2 due to the quantity of 1s you seem to roll.
    My experience has tended to be: get AG5 -> dodge a lot -> get leap -> laugh hysterically at tackle / DT markers as you leap away on a 2+.

My experience is very similar to frenz0rz. In my old Dark Elf team in the Divisions, heroic Ag4 blitzer Alec Meer pulled off all sorts of nigh-impossible tasks to save the day, whereas treacherous ag5 blitzer Iron Quinns failed any number of simple tasks to hand the game to the enemy.
    Ag5 is a recipe for disappointment.

Activated Node
    My line-elf has guard. Guard confuses the hell out of people. It is awesome.
    Also, you jinxed my runner. I hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon View Post
    My line-elf has guard. Guard confuses the hell out of people. It is awesome.
    Also, you jinxed my runner. I hate you.
    I have a DElf team where three of the blitzers have guard and the remaining fourth blitzer, the runner and the witch elf have Agi 5. This is actually more problematic than it sounds, as I often have no idea how to play them. Elf-cage? Screen? Long throw? All three simultaneously?!
    www.teamsao.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    My Dark Elf team has had four Guard linemen. It was glorious, they were my Guard Bastards. Sadly only one of them still survives today...

I've got an elf with guard. Admittedly it's a elf with guard that I killed and re-raised as a zombie who has since got block and fend, but I feel the principle's the same.

Same here. I play the game well enough to almost always win against the AI with any team I care to play with (I can't be bothered with horribly designed teams like Halflings and a few others).

But I'm not thrilled about random internet people.

Anyone care to start an online league with only people from the metro DC/NoVA region? I'd make a post about it, but 10 posts needed...

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    I've got an elf with guard. Admittedly it's a elf with guard that I killed and re-raised as a zombie who has since got block and fend, but I feel the principle's the same.
    Seems legit.

:D