Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[TR] RDIS Drinks the Kool Aid - Tues 26 May - Prizes!

With new cert incentives for being terrible lowbies, RDIS is organising a mass suicide on Tuesday 26 May.

For all those willing to take part (it is not mandatory) there will be a special ceremony to mark the occasion at 1930 BST, after which will we wipe our characters and start the glorious struggle from the bottom.

As I have two TR characters, I will keep one alive and certed so that we have someone with beacons and whatnot - I will not be eligible for prizes, obviously.

The RDIS player who starts a new toon on the night and reaches the highest Battle Rank will receive a Steam Voucher for at least GBP10, or local equivalent. This player will also have the honour of the final kill on my character, by whichever means they choose.

The player who by popular vote at 2130 has performed the best or otherwise done the most hilarious/ridiculous thing will also receive a steam voucher worth at least GBP10, or local equivalent. This player has to accept a death by whichever method the mob chooses, preferably one fitting to their performance on the night.

By kind donation of the only remotely acceptable member of the NC, Boffinboots, we also have two three-day XP boosts and three codes for golden faction-specific SMGs, 7-day XP Boost and 1000 Station Cash. Hopefully these still work, we'll see. Suggestions accepted for what they should be given for.

DISCLAIMER: It's my money, and I'll sure as piss break any and all of these rules if I want to. Highest BR is not binding, and will not be given to people ignoring the squad or using any kind of exploit, play the damn game. The popular vote is not binding and might well outright ignored without justification. But Stoopiduk what's to stop you just giving the stuff to your friends? Shut up.

For reference, from the patch notes:
    Battle Rank Certs Until 15
    We felt the cert gain rate at low levels was too restrictive for new players trying to grow their characters. With this change, each battle rank achieved through BR 15 now provides 100 free certs to help new players get their characters rolling.
    I'm not a mathematician, but I make that out to be 1,500,000 certs per character by level 15.

OVER.
    Last edited by stoopiduk; 20-05-2015 at 11:01 AM.

Damn it I've been too far away from the game and too crap at it anyway to get anywhere close to highest BR in a session, but i know how i would kill stoopiduk. It would have been gloriously TR and yet totally in my style. It shall not be
    Looking for some game recommendations ? Follow my Steam curator list http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864124/

Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    I know how i would kill stoopiduk. It would have been gloriously TR and yet totally in my style.
    Perhaps a less inspired individual might be grateful of the suggestion on the night. If you can make it, I would of course love to run with you, Ksempac.

I also absolutely approve of killing me being your main motivator when there's money on the table. OVER.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sounds like the perfect time to finally spawn a grunt for the Dics!

Did they separate battle ranks from xp boosts already? Perhaps I have a chance at some of Stoopid's sweet moolah after all.
    Last edited by Rizlar; 19-05-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I don't have room to create a new character and I'd rather not lose my Heroic boost so I'll be there and barely lucid.
    Steam: Cephas00 | Planetside 2: Cephas00(VS) - CephasTheSecond(NC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I will not sleep on the floor. The fuck do you take me for? I teach students, I am not one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Since I don't have a TR character to begin with anyway I'll try and be there
    Join our new Dirt Rally events!
    Or come and play Arma with us
    "Probably the worst thing facing writers on the net these days is that no one believes a differing opinion is sincere" - Cara Ellison

Sounds good! I think I'm around BR30-something on TR so I won't delete though (but can provide beacons and the like).
    Last edited by Vidi; 20-05-2015 at 10:47 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If I can make it I'll try and come so I can pull certed stuff for people should they wish.

I I also have some boosts, weapon packs and SC (which might not work) left that you can have as extra prizes, even if I can't make it.

Might also be my Planetside swansong....

Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    Might also be my Planetside swansong....
    You make me sad.

We'd make it a fine swansong, rest assured the giraffes will be well hunted in your absence.

Gratefully accept any prizes you're willing to throw in the pot, that'd be very kind.

Over.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    You make me sad.

We'd make it a fine swansong, rest assured the giraffes will be well hunted in your absence.

Gratefully accept any prizes you're willing to throw in the pot, that'd be very kind.

Over.
    pm me your email and I'll send you the codes, so you can apportion them as you see fit

To the event I can turn up with my BR 60something. Also can I be a squad leader? I want those sweet sweet ribbons when you all ding.

As to gifts, I actually looked into trying to get PS2 gift cards for some competitions/events for the PS2 team but unfortuntley unattainable. Although it says DBG is working on making gifting cash to friends happen, I bet that message has been there for years.
    Planetside 2 Characters [TR]Challenger2uk [VS]Challenger1uk [NC]Challenger0uk
    GTA Online Steam Twitter

Activated Node
    I've wanted to start a TR character for a bit now, so this seems like the perfect time to do it. Eggman20TR, or a similarly awful way of crowbarring TR into my name, will be there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    At what point do we start making comments about how we're RDIS nails?

Over.
    Steam: Cephas00 | Planetside 2: Cephas00(VS) - CephasTheSecond(NC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I will not sleep on the floor. The fuck do you take me for? I teach students, I am not one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    At what point do we start making comments about how we're RDIS nails?
    IMMEDIATELY. That's an order. Over.

Edit: Updated original post to reflect Boff's kind donations.

By kind donation of the only remotely acceptable member of the NC, Boffinboots, we also have two three-day XP boosts and three codes for golden faction-specific SMGs, 7-day XP Boost and 1000 Station Cash. Hopefully these still work, we'll see. Suggestions accepted for what these prizes should be given for.
    Last edited by stoopiduk; 20-05-2015 at 11:02 AM.

Your over posts remind me of this

Planetside 2 Characters [TR]Challenger2uk [VS]Challenger1uk [NC]Challenger0uk
    GTA Online Steam Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    Suggestions accepted for what these prizes should be given for.
    Most sizeable horn collection? Most horn honks in one night? *crosses fingers*
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain
    Elite: Dangerous: CMDR Douglas Richardson - Imperial privateer. All hail the Emperor, bask in his greatness.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Grandest horn? Novel use of horn? Winner of "where did i put my horn" contest? Most satisfying horn? Best horn tooting?

Oh my God I've been serious all day. I really needed to get that out of my system.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The Darn Tootin' prize for bravest horn tooting in the face of the enemy.

Also, one of the 3 day XP boost should be a boobie prize for who ever climbs the least ranks. And I'm not just saying it because it'll be me, if I join*

*Would love to, by my internet and my time are super limited these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Grandest horn? Novel use of horn? Winner of "where did i put my horn" contest? Most satisfying horn? Best horn tooting?
    If so you might as well just give me the rewards now, I am the supreme commander of vehicle horns.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain
    Elite: Dangerous: CMDR Douglas Richardson - Imperial privateer. All hail the Emperor, bask in his greatness.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    If so you might as well just give me the rewards now, I am the supreme commander of vehicle horns.
    I may have been referencing something less kosher than vehicle horns.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.