Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Last night went well. We won the alert with all but one amp station (and 46% server pop!). We were sadly unable to reach Peris in time. I too managed to kill with my medic's C4, two maxes and a heavy all at once, huddled in a corner. good times, good times...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Activated Node
    Glad to see things went well after I left (and why wouldn't they?). 46% pop does make it tricky to find a decent fight (well, I was struggling anyway once we had Sungrey).

In any case I had a good time while I was in command and the new Galaxy changes made it a lot more fun splitting the squads up and then bringing them back together. If we had met more resistance we'd probably have had to keep the sky's safe with an air squad.

I don't think I've ever really had any critical feedback on my PLing, so if anyone wants to say anything about it that'd be really helpful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKiwi View Post
    I don't think I've ever really had any critical feedback on my PLing, so if anyone wants to say anything about it that'd be really helpful.
    It's definitely tricky to find good fights when we have such a high pop these days during evening alerts. Are there specific ops nights for the other factions that might provide more interesting evening alerts?

My only feedback would just be what I mentioned before - I disliked the squad balancing that happened once Delta opened up. I think after people have been playing together in a squad for a couple of hours it's a bit unpleasant to have it all reshuffled. To the contrary though - I didn't mind balancing when Charlie opened up as this was right at the start of the night before split comms.

Personally I'd have the new, smaller squad tag along with another squad until they had enough people to operate alone (5-6 people). Either that or ask people who would like to move over to do just that.

Other than that moment of "This is a pain" I was happy overall =].

Some lovely moments last night. Pushing through waves of defenses towards Zurvan on foot, seeing one squad deployed on a hill with anti-air/vehicle sniping and another flanking with a band of Magriders for artillery support. Glorious. On that note - I'm a huge fan of doing platoon actions where different squads have clear and different purposes - air squad, building-lockdown squad, etc.

If I have one criticism, it's that getting furiously redeployed over and over again can be pretty unsatisfying - obviously, getting redeployed to a hot defence is important, but people pull maxes and spend resources and whatnot. Let us get our knives wet a little, at least.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heske View Post
    If I have one criticism, it's that getting furiously redeployed over and over again can be pretty unsatisfying - obviously, getting redeployed to a hot defence is important, but people pull maxes and spend resources and whatnot. Let us get our knives wet a little, at least.
    Sometimes it's worth shouting up to the PL that you wouldn't mind hanging on and killing stuff. Often they are happy to oblige, sometimes they haven't realised that there was a fight to be had at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKiwi View Post
    You communicated redeployments very clearly

Always helpful ..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    Bump.

How was StratGir for the folks on the ground last night? Share your tales of epicness and epicfailness!
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Again, apologies to Avaa last night for being a difficult SL to PL.

On the other side though, we were totally fucking epic last night, really showed me what RPS can do!

For those not there, Alpha squad managed to hold a point on their own to cap with just 30% pop in a three way battle, against MCY as well no less. And that's just one example of us being totally freaking awesome! If we play like that in CCEU we'll stomp it home!

Come, regale me with your tales from last night. Can I get a Hoo-ah?
    SpellSlinger: Dewi | Warrior: Scyala

Join RPS in Wildstar!
    Check out the new player thread for info on how to join!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Report from last night:
    I fell asleep together with my son, woke up at ten, my time, and went right back to bed. Watched the last hour of The Matrix (nostalgia!) and went to sleep.

Hoo-ah!! #mlgpro
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    Come, regale me with your tales from last night. Can I get a Hoo-ah?
    Who? Huh? /10char

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Watched the last hour of The Matrix (nostalgia!) and went to sleep.
    Then you should feel inspired to dodge some bullets in PS2!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Yes, yesterday evening was great. The most crazily intense battles PS2 offers were served and we had lots of success. It was fun!

Thanks Avaa for leading us to these awesome hunting grounds and thanks Dewi for creatively steering the Alpha grunts.

It was an epic night. Thanks Avaa for leading.

Thanks to my squad for putting up with my slow reaction times for getting us moving again to the right place. The max crash we did against mercs at geothermal was an awesome moment.

I definitely want to SL more and learn to lead tactical squads.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    StratGir 05/03/2014

Miller was lagging out massivley for a good chunk of the playerbase.
    As we felt this made Stratgir rather unviable, we took off to Connery, invited people to "The Broclave with totally balanced weapons" went on a giraffe-painted rampage across the server.

After a few ghostcaps on Amerish, followed by a solid stomp through Split Peak (which garnered some "who the hell are these guys"? comments), we migrated to the busier lands of Indar.

There we took the fight to the NC at Howling Pass, and despite (initally) even numbers, drove them back, in Alpha squad even managing to take A and hold the NC in their spawn room, despite having an average BR of 3 or 4.

As the NC zerg crumbled, we crossed the map to Dahaka, where a much larger, more ogranized VS force was able to hold us off and drive us back. We finished up the evening rescuing first Howling Pass, and then Regent Rock from NC pushes.

All in all, a suprisingly effective and good fun (despite the lag) night. Also, TR default max, is suprisingly effective vs infantry.

Suprisingly? I get blown up by Pounder HEGs quite often. Since that and some kind of chaingun is the default, I'm not surprised their MAX is good with default guns.

As I said last night, our defence of Broken Arch was awesome in both senses of the word. It was massively empowering to say the name of a Vanguard driver and immediately see them vaporised by the combined fire of Giraffe Lancers. We must have held the NC zerg for a good half hour before air pressure became too much (although we took down Liberators and Galaxies alike with the sheer weight of Lancer fire) and unfortunately at that point I had to leave. However, I was massively impressed by the power of cooperation and collaboration as well as the initiative shown by individual Giraffes, especially Sinomatic, without whose Sunderer support the defence would have broken a whole lot faster. As I am coming to expect, it was an honour to lead the platoon.

Yeah that was a great defence, was having a lot of fun with my newly purchased lancer. Tis good to see squads that are working together closely as a unit.

Obscure Node

Once again a fun CTA. It always impresses me that we can bring 150 guys and still get kerb stomped. An excellent reminder of the scale of the game

Obscure Node
    Our enemies responded really well to us moving about. Is this always the case during a call to arms? Do we get spotted more easily because we are a little slower and more visible than usual or were the all TR really listening to spy radio?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzene View Post
    Our enemies responded really well to us moving about. Is this always the case during a call to arms? Do we get spotted more easily because we are a little slower and more visible than usual or were the all TR really listening to spy radio?
    Organised outfits usually respond very fast, and by now most of the experienced players know how to read the map, both tactically and strategically. Especially a force the size of ours is easy to follow.

It's all about grabbing the initiative, exploiting the few minutes of advantage that gives you, and meeting their response on your terms.