Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Great work in tonight's late-night Esamir alert, loyal (non-traitor) Giraffes!

Considering the fact that we were in the 12-18 player range, and hopped around to respond to so many threats (sorry about that), I think we hit well above our weight tonight. Second half of the alert was more fun, in my opinion, due to the lack of much pressure to respond to TR and the fixed goal.

After Class Report.

As always, a BIG thanks to teachers.
    And as messy and ineffective (and when I say 'ineffective' I mean deadly*) as I was, I found SL class to be quite exhilarating.

*My apologies to Grible for slashing his throat with my orders. You (and anyone else I might have injured) will be happy to know that my press-to-talk and use-knife no longer share the same button.
    "Bring me my purse."

please visit
    the Game Orphanage

Finding Good Homes For Unwanted Games Since January, 2014

After my unexpected 90 mins of squad then platoon leading tonight I have a new found appreciation of the regulars that step up and do this nightly.. Thank you.. We tried to play the tech plant alert and did an epic capture of red ridge.. Then it went a bit rubbish as VS seemed to give up on the alert. Got a bit to much for me and I had to go get a cold beer.. Hope it wasn't too intolerable..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Not at all Henlaaz. You did well when I was around (I can't say for certain after my game bugged out, but I have faith ).
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Network Hub
    No complaints here Henlaaz, you kept us in fun fights whilst we were a small squad, was also good staying in and around the tech plant for a decent while, made it feel much more significant when we finally cracked Red Ridge. Thanks for your efforts!

Activated Node
    I know a couple purple giraffes were thrown around during the session, but just wanted to add a huge thanks to lunar for leading last night. Had a great mix of being extremely strategic (5 biolabs as underpopped faction) whilst also fun. Same time next week?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    StratGir lastnight seemed to mostly be us smashing through this crazy alert under LunarPlasma's leadership. I won't say it brought us the best fights ever, but we were certainly effective and entertained (also, my galaxy Twice barrel rolled due to scythe impact)

Cheers, guys. I'm happy to lead the platoon again sometime. I was very appreciative of the responsiveness of the squads last night. Our presence and cohesiveness proved pivotal at both Biolabs... even at that point when we were essentially getting farmed at Advari and I wasn't redirecting us - I was trying to buy time for other elements of TVA to redeploy unhindered to Mani bio.

So, great job all!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yepyep, well played Lunarplasma! Responsive and decisive leadership. I was very happy with this StratGir.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Enjoyed Kreggurree leading alpha. Good effort.

After Class Report
    Prof. Boffinboots' Basics of Flying (the Scythe)

I was pretty awful, plain and simple.
    Couldn't even master, that basic of all basic exercises, Follow The Leader,
    But, not only did Boffinboots not have me expelled, he actually spent time tutoring me. One on one.
    Personally, I think he deserves one of those Purple Giraffes of Awesomeness awards or, even better, some station cash.. or something.
    Some kinda recognition.
    So, a few hours ago, after all the little factions on Miller had called it a day, and gone to bed, I went back into VR and practiced my little Scythe off.

The following bit of film is dedicated to you, Prof. Boffinboots. It's a pretty rough cut, but it's a cut from the heart.
    (Note: Anybody who wasn't in first period Basic Flying, this morning, will probably look at this video and think. Huh.. wtf? Big deal! But those who were there, will understand. Maybe.)

Roll em......

"Bring me my purse."

please visit
    the Game Orphanage

Finding Good Homes For Unwanted Games Since January, 2014

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Haha, I thought you were going to do a nice a little barrel roll at the end there! Never mind, good job, it's nice to see an improvement from the beginning of the session!

Remember to keep practising, evening if it's just 5-10 minutes every time you log in. The air squad we did after training was great fun so being able to pilot does open up a whole new aspect of the game. I think it would be good to do some more follow the leader and gradually try and build up your skills, so shout out on mumble (in the VS or NC channel) for someone to spend a bit of time with you, and if no one volunteers they're a goomba

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nice working Moms! And keep on practice. I remember in the beginning when I could barely tell what was up and what was down in an ESF. With a bit of time and practice you'll be gunning down Daddy no problem.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Great, always nice to see people make progress!

When you feel like starting to shoot things while flying, I can recommend the Light PPA. It costs only 100 certs and was the weapon I used to get into scythe-flying. You cannot take on other aircraft with it (with a bit of practice it works against liberators and galaxies), but it is good for target practice (you shoot infantry and ground vehicles with it). I used to combine it with the afterburner tanks so that I could flee when enemy aircraft came around.

Using the PPA is fun and rewarding, and allows you to practice leading targets and aiming (both of which are fairly easy due to the explosive radius of the plasma balls) as well as flying close to the ground. Learn how to quickly disengage (turn away and activate afterburners) when flak and lock-on rockets starts to become a problem.

The PPA is good right out of the box, but benefits from an extra 200 certs spent on thermal optics.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    Great, always nice to see people make progress!

When you feel like starting to shoot things while flying, I can recommend the Light PPA. It costs only 100 certs and was the weapon I used to get into scythe-flying. You cannot take on other aircraft with it (with a bit of practice it works against liberators and galaxies), but it is good for target practice (you shoot infantry and ground vehicles with it). I used to combine it with the afterburner tanks so that I could flee when enemy aircraft came around.

Using the PPA is fun and rewarding, and allows you to practice leading targets and aiming (both of which are fairly easy due to the explosive radius of the plasma balls) as well as flying close to the ground. Learn how to quickly disengage (turn away and activate afterburners) when flak and lock-on rockets starts to become a problem.

The PPA is good right out of the box, but benefits from an extra 200 certs spent on thermal optics.

Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    So I guess this one is good when I can already pull of some maneuvers (like the barrel roll) but can hit neither aircraft nor infantery with the default nose cannon?
    Because I tried to learn flying a while ago and was quite successfull learning some maneuvers but when outside of VR or WG in a fight I failed to get a single kill because I could not hit ESFs of infantery - now I'm using my Scythe purely as transport (which became useless as well because of Squad spawns and instant action cooldown reduction).
    Planetside 2: Qw33r / Qw33rT;
    Steam: Qw33r

Quote Originally Posted by Qw33r View Post
    So I guess this one is good when I can already pull of some maneuvers (like the barrel roll) but can hit neither aircraft nor infantery with the default nose cannon?
    I would say so, yes. This was at least my experience back in the day. Using the PPA is not only a farming tool, it is also good at suppressing infantry, thereby helping your team. Slap a scout radar on the scythe as well to be even more helpful (although you will lose survivability due to not equipping fire suppression). Since the PPA is so cheap it is definitely worth trying, if it interests you the slightest.

RE: RPS Open Platoon

It is with much humility and pride that I say thanks to all the RPS guys who helped me run an open Platoon tonight. We peaked at about 30 people in some organized actions and I was glad to help contribute to the tech plant alert tonight.

Cheers all.

EDIT: It was an amp station alert.

We made a big difference to that alert, and you should be proud of your leadership over in-game comms.

Really enjoyed tonight, great work.

Edit: I didn't say thank you, I meant to say thank you. Thank you.
    Last edited by stoopiduk; 13-05-2014 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Thank you!