Use leap while pass-blocking?

can you use the skill leap while you are attempting to pass block?

anyone know this/can confirm either way?

C

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Description of Pass Block (page 66 for those of you reading along at home) says "the move is made using all of the normal rules and skills" so you should be able to. I've not tested it though.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Description of Pass Block (page 66 for those of you reading along at home) says "the move is made using all of the normal rules and skills" so you should be able to. I've not tested it though.
    Thanks dude, I'll assume it does for now, hopefully if someone has this combo and read this will be able to confirm for sure. was thinking of a few scenarios this morning where it would be useful

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    If you have the time, here's how you can confirm for yourself:

• Export one of your teams from single player mode.
    • Load the team in Team Editor. You can now add all the skills you like to each player, so add Pass Block and Leap to somebody/everybody.
    • Create an single player Exhibition Match or a multiplayer Hotseat Match** and put that team in it.

It shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to go through all that, confirm/deny the skill combo and abandon the match. I use this method for testing bugged skills a lot.

**Actually not sure if Hotseat works, but worth a shot as it would be faster. Exhibition absolutely works (just pick a team that likes passing for the AI, if need be).
    Last edited by Screwie; 11-02-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Thank you very much for that! I didnt know you could do that, very helpful indeed!

C

Network Hub
    It got me curious. Let us know what you find out.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I wouldn't get too curious Pirate, it isn't a great option most of the time. Pass blocking takes place in the opposition turn so you only have access to skill rerolls meaning you will nearly always be better off dodging. Unless tied down with tackle/DT an AG4 player needs to be going into 3 TZs before the leap becomes the better option.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    I wouldn't get too curious Pirate
    Indeed. There's that old saying - curiosity killed the wardancer!
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    I wouldn't get too curious Pirate, it isn't a great option most of the time. Pass blocking takes place in the opposition turn so you only have access to skill rerolls meaning you will nearly always be better off dodging. Unless tied down with tackle/DT an AG4 player needs to be going into 3 TZs before the leap becomes the better option.
    Really? I'm curious about how this works out when leap is always a straight agi roll. While the dodge skill will allow you a reroll on your dodge, in situations where you are facing even two tackle zones on your path, you are going to need at least a couple of dodge rolls to be made. [also the three square limit puts a premium on being able to take the most direct route] NB: Not arguing, just curious about your workings.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    He did say "most of the time"...

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure I've done it (my Pogoer on the Black Bombers has Pass Block). As for working out the odds of when leap is better than multiple dodges, that's what SAC's for. It's a bit different for the Pogoer though, as he has AG3 but Very Long Legs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Honestly unless the guy has AG 5 I would never leap outside my own turn (ie. without a TRR to back it up). But I have encountered situations where my Pass Blockers have been skilfully prevented from moving into intercept range at all because there are too many TZs to dodge through.

A Pro Elf catcher (with an +AG ) is the perfect candidate for Pass Block and Leap, since he has NoS and Catch already. But even then I'd pick up Block/Wrestle and dodge first... Leap is WAY down on the priority list unless it's a skill you start with.

On a not-unrelated note, I do wish we had Slann :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've done it (my Pogoer on the Black Bombers has Pass Block). As for working out the odds of when leap is better than multiple dodges, that's what SAC's for. It's a bit different for the Pogoer though, as he has AG3 but Very Long Legs.
    I love the goblin pogoer. Really. It's such a cool player. I think I like him more than the looney.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    I love the goblin pogoer. Really. It's such a cool player. I think I like him more than the looney.
    Yeah, I love him. Other players hate him though, so he usually lasts about two turns on the pitch.