Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar

A Call To Arms - SATURDAY the 16th of February - 7PM GMT

Greetings everybody!

Commander Duke Witherheart here! Now, I understand that RPS' beloved EU server Gunnar's Hold hasn't been performing all too great in WvWvW this week. Lippsy and I scored some small victories while commanding over the weekend but generally I've seen the score decline to the point where, at the time of writing, we are in last place and are 20,000 points behind second.

Of course, this week has proven a good time for a lot of us to go dragon hunting and CoF farming but I digress...

Currently, Millennium Matchup is predicting that we'll be against our old German friends at Abaddon's Mouth and also Far Shiverpeaks as of Friday night. This means I'll be busting out my tag on Saturday and we're going to go stomping around WvWvW. I'll cut the crap and skip ahead to the details:

Where and when do we meet up?

Hoelbrak, 7PM this Saturday!

Never been there before? You can get a portal directly to it from Lion's Arch.

Do I need anything?

No! While we'll be coordinating with the Gunnar's Hold community and using their Mumble, we'll have parties and squads up on the night. Everything will be made clear in party and team text chat in-game throughout the event.

You don't even have to bring a high level character. Even if this is your first time ever running with RPS in WvWvW we'll be nice (I promise). Just come along and see what fun you can have.

Where are we going?

To World vs World vs World comrade! The exact map is to be decided on the night.

What are we doing?

Well at 8PM GMT we'll be doing... something that I can't spoil too much in case of spies! But if you have access to the community forum just click here. For the rest of you, let's just say it may be a pleasant surprise depending on your relationship with gravity.

And at 10PM GMT we will have an awards ceremony for our accomplishments throughout the night (yes I'm serious). Awards may include...

- Best faceplant.
    - Worst portal placement.
    - Most valiant defence of Longview.
    - Greatest golem generosity.

And more!

As for the rest of the time, expect the very particular brand of organised chaos that we're really great at in RPS. We'll be sticking up all manner of siege equipment just about anywhere on the map. It's a lot of fun and I hope that you can all make it.

That it? No special, uber-secret tactics?

Just one: Mesmers, set phases to timewarp!

I'll see you all on Saturday in Hoelbrak and tell your friends! Post below if you're coming.

PS: Huge kudos to those brave heroes who have continued to fight the good fight this week, even against overwhelming odds.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Activated Node
    How could I say no? Will probably bring Madame Melchie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Looking forward to it!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

This is an offer I cannot refuse, I'll be there!

- Best faceplant.
    We already know who's going to win that, don't we?
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Network Hub
    Barring force majeure I should be able to make this and we can smite our as-yet-undefined foes together.

Activated Node
    Maybe I'll test out my new Mesmer, am leveling her with WvW in mind anyways. Either way I'll be there.

Looking certain to be Abaddon's Mouth (Germans, comparable to Millers) and Far Shivers again.

I should be there. Faceplanting from impossible heights.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    count me in

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    Huge thanks to EVERYONE that turned out to play tonight. It was a lot of intense, high-risk, high-reward fun.

Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

And thanks to you, Krathor! I had so much fun running around the maps. Personal highlight of the evening: Crate-Raptor.

gw029.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Squiz; 17-02-2013 at 10:41 AM.

The awards ceremony, I would like to thank my family, my friends and especially duke for giving me a tooth-fairy wand and some soiled rags.

The victory lap, 1h+ of seeing nothing but fireworks on the screen. Can't.... stop... spamming.... those... buttons... fireworks too pretty...

After wining and dining in front of briar under the romantic light of dozens of fireworks, the unparalleled tactical mind of our leader had one last idea - our enemies certainly didn't see that coming. A field full of ... flame ram, flame ram, flame ram, alpha siege flame ra... wait what?

My highlight of the victory lap was when I charged an unsuspecting FSP Invader to show him some pretty fireworks and he dodged. Twice.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Just thought I would add my thanks to Duke, it was a great night; and it was nice to see FSP join in on the fun at the end.
    fireworks1.jpgfireworks2.jpgfireworks3.jpg

Aaah wish I did not miss the finally :<