Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Yargh and I are going out tomorow.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Yes Jarnade, Wednesday is usually a T1 bounty.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Saph, cool cool. Back in work mode so my pruning over details is back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Guild mission thought. Once we unlock Puzzles, we'll have 4 commendation-yielding mission types we will probably want to run every week. Recently we've been doing bounty and rush Wednesdays; challenge, bounty and rush Saturdays.

Once we add puzzles then it may be difficult to fit all 4 types into an evening as will probably take 2.5h, so we'd either need to start earlier, finish later, or split the mission types across different days so we dont do all on a Saturday.

Not sure what peoples thoughts are, but thought it might be good to discuss before Saturday. I'm flexible so dont mind but others may be less so.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Some people can't do Wednesdays and more people turn up on Saturdays so I would keep challenges to Saturday first thing when we know we have the numbers for it. The guild missions and treks can be tailored to number of participants so that might be ok to keep for wednesdays. Rushes are dependent on the difficulty we get so maybe still do that on Saturday. We need to try a puzzle to see what sort of numbers and time this takes and then make a decision.

Bounties and Challenges give 2 commendations.
    Rushes and Puzzles give 1 commendation.

I'd leave Rushes for Wednesday only, as they give 1 comm and last fairly long. And on Sat do the Puzzle (don't know yet how long this takes) and the usual Challenge/Bounty.

So what I propose:

Wed: Rush, Bounty
    Sat: Challenge, Bounty, Puzzle
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

I think we could also afford to start earlier -- say 8pm UK time -- on Saturdays. The later start time makes sense on a weeknight, when people might be getting in later, but it's probably not necessary on a Saturday. If we did this then we could still do a rush at the end of the night on Saturday if there is time. Ideally we want people who can only come on Saturday to be able to get full commendations.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    3 replies 3 different opinions. I sense a poll coming on...
    8PM is a bit early for me, Saph (if I cancel Dr Who night my kids will riot), but good to go with what works for the majority.
    Maybe compromise on an 8:30 UK start for the first one on Sat, see how long it takes to do all 4 and how numbers drop off either side of our peak?
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    Bounties and Challenges give 2 commendations.
    Rushes and Puzzles give 1 commendation.

I'd leave Rushes for Wednesday only, as they give 1 comm and last fairly long. And on Sat do the Puzzle (don't know yet how long this takes) and the usual Challenge/Bounty.

So what I propose:

Wed: Rush, Bounty
    Sat: Challenge, Bounty, Puzzle
    What about treks?
    People quite like rushes specially for the screenshot opportunity it seems so I would keep it on Saturdays as Saf mentioned. I am ok with 8 or 8.30 but please bear in mind that Challenges must be done when most people are online.

We could also alternate between Puzzles and Challenges every other week if the time is too limited. Bounties should stay in as a core part of the guild events, as their difficulty is easy to adapt to the number of people attending the event. Also, as Noaru mentioned, they give two commendations. Rushes can be thrown in on Wednesdays if there is interest, no big trouble if we sometimes (if ever) miss out on one commendation.

Challenges proved to be quite tough, so we need as many people as possible to tackle them. I like the idea of starting earlier, but maybe we could put Rushes at the start of the event, as they can be completed with fewer people than Challenges. That would mean that people who want to show up a bit earlier get a chance to get an "extra" commendation (for example if they missed out on the Wednesday event) but people who cannot make it earlier don't miss out on the bigger rewards and more interesting missions.

Finally, guild Treks should always be an optional "finisher" or the "icing on the cake" if the event goes very smoothly or is over faster than expected, since they give no commendations.

P.S.:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    8PM is a bit early for me, Saph (if I cancel Dr Who night my kids will riot), but good to go with what works for the majority.
    That's the cutest thing I've read in a while.
    Last edited by Squiz; 19-06-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Ok so what about this then?

Wed - starts 9pm UK: Rush, Bounty
    Sat - starts 9pm UK: Challenge, Bounty, Puzzle
    Sat - starts 8:15pm UK: Rush

I think treks are no fun really, as doing them with dulfy's guide takes away all sense of discovery and they also don't give any rewards (even merits are really low).

PS Yay for Doctor Who!
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

The idea of an "early Rush" on Saturdays before the main event seems like a good compromise -- especially if we're also running them on Wednesdays.

Looks good, I agree with the Treks being an icing on the cake bit also. No need for a poll then?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    All seems good. Thx for the plan, squirrel/aliss. All happy, commendations all round, and Dr Who night is saved.

So are we piloting the new Rush system on this Saturday?
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    So are we piloting the new Rush system on this Saturday?
    But of course!

Very quick and easy pair of missions last night. Well done folks!