Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    They'll get something, but they won't get guild commendations, 50 silver or two rare-or-better items (which is the guild reward) -- I think.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

As long as they get some money and items it should be enough. The guild commendations are only for the guild members themselves and that's fine. The other people are piggy-backing on your event, so they get some loot and experience the event itself - it's great.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Apparently a guild already managed to complete tier 3 of the bounty missions. Those missions give you a couple of certain target enemies (unique bosses) that you first need to find somewhere in Tyria (also in higher level areas, so be prepared to bring level 80 toons). Their locations is hinted at on the guild missions tab, but these hints can be pretty vague. There's also a set time in which you must find and defeat those bosses and some of them require certain mechanics to beat them. Also, they apparently hit pretty hard, so small groups will probably struggle to overcome them.

Concerning a date to run these missions, I would suggest we agree on one night or the weekend when most guild members can join the event. We could try to meet up on Mumble, form several parties and then scout around the world if the hints are not unambiguous. When a party spots the target it gets called out and everyone can travel to the nearest waypoint to join.

Yes I feel it's getting to the time when we should organise a guild night to complete some of these things on a wide scale. Unfortunately, I'm attending a wedding this Saturday evening so will be unavailable over the weekend - but I suggest that, if there's enough people around, you do something then (since turnout for Saturday night events tends to be quite good).

Otherwise, perhaps a nonchalant night next week? Maybe Monday evening? Around 7ish GMT?
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Activated Node
    Not around this weekend, on call next week. But go have fun

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    As long as they get some money and items it should be enough. The guild commendations are only for the guild members themselves and that's fine. The other people are piggy-backing on your event, so they get some loot and experience the event itself - it's great.
    That's how it should be, but like Saph (jha4ceb - your forum name is a pain to write!) I understood that for non-guild members, it would only appear as a regular event. I.E. they would only get karma, experience, and 0-2s, based on level.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Concerning a date to run these missions, I would suggest we agree on one night or the weekend when most guild members can join the event. We could try to meet up on Mumble, form several parties and then scout around the world if the hints are not unambiguous. When a party spots the target it gets called out and everyone can travel to the nearest waypoint to join.
    Yes, that's a good idea, that way we can get a lot of people at once. That said, the missions themselves don't cost much, so I don't see a problem with having multiple bounties per week or even per day.

Why don't we do a Saturday evening run, and then another on Sunday night, so Krathor and others can attend that one if sat. doesn't work? Can someone put up a notice in the ingame guild notifications section?

I'd also be available for a dungeon run or two beforehand - CoF, ideally? - so that if 5 of us run them together, the Sunday run is paid off by the 100 infl. per path.
    Last edited by Rokahef; 01-03-2013 at 10:48 AM.
    GW2: Devotion, lv. 80 Engineer

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Whenever we do these events, we should advertise them in advance. The rewards from these are a pretty big deal so we want as many people as possible to be able to attend.

Also, we should think about a regular night.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Network Hub
    We stumbled across one of the new Guild Mission start points while wandering round that big volcano south of Lion's Arch (Mount Maelstrom).

Praxium is thinking about holding theirs saturday night as well. Since we have 15 minutes to do one we can try and do it back to back together with 15 minutes break in between. Would give us a bigger group to cover a region and find the NPCs quicker. We all get to do two bounty missions to try it out and we get to practice doing them more. We can speak a bit more about this tonight on guild chat

Activated Node
    You mean, we help them with theirs, they help us with ours? Sounds good - the more practice, the better.

General tips for the missions:
    - make sure you're on an lv. 80
    - have most/all waypoints unlocked (in the regions where bounties may appear)
    - bring speed buffs
    GW2: Devotion, lv. 80 Engineer

Activated Node
    I thought Praxium was only a WvW guild.

We might have our first guild mission today, just a maybe. Seeing as the research time is 10 hours now.
    But that doesn't mean we can't do an other at Saturday.

There is a good guide on how to do the bounty mission at dulfy's site:
    http://dulfy.net/2013/02/27/gw2-guild-bounty-guide/
    John Thorns, Rakel, Elizia Crow, Shiro Kanjo, Edda Swan, Eril Stenr - kinjru.2439

Praxium is indeed a WvW focussed guild. But we need the guild accommodation to unlock further guild upgrades not to mention there are some nice cheap ascended back packs you can get from personal guild accommodation

Edit: I think it is still 10 hours to unlock it and then another 200 karma and another few hours of research to run it.
    Last edited by Lippsy; 01-03-2013 at 12:26 PM.

No offense, but I think we shouldn't adjust our own schedules to that of some other guild. If RPS members want to help others out there's nothing to be said against it, of course. But I'd like to plan these events in a way that accommodates our own guild members, not other people.
    Last edited by Squiz; 01-03-2013 at 12:37 PM.

No offense taken and what you said goes without saying :P Only reason I mentioned it is because someone mentioned running it saturday night and I knew praxium is also thinking about doing it saturday night and I thought it may be mutually beneficial.
    Last edited by Lippsy; 01-03-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    The amount of merits a guild can get from each mission type is capped per week. A guild can only get 25 merits from bounties, and tier 1 gives 15. Thus we should do two missions this week no matter the schedule we ultimately decide on if we want to progress to higher upgrades faster.

Hah! So that's what those NPCs with the sheriff's badge were about. I ran into a few of them these days and they were VERY rude to me.

Any idea when that weekly limit resets? Sunday night? If that's so we have limited time this week to run the two missions needed for capping the points.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Looking forward to these (Chakan Khimar by the way) so will definitely try and drop in on one as soon as I can. I know I don't get involved in a huge amount of guild stuff (irrational fears something important will crop up when bailing would be rude) but keen here.
    My Blog|Steam|GW2 Main: Chakan Khimar

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    Looking forward to these (Chakan Khimar by the way) so will definitely try and drop in on one as soon as I can. I know I don't get involved in a huge amount of guild stuff (irrational fears something important will crop up when bailing would be rude) but keen here.
    Hey, no worries, feel free to join in on anything that you feel like. I bail out all the time! I don't really do, but it isn't a problem if it happens. :P

Shall we aim to run one at 9pm tomorrow (Saturday)?

Hey Timofee! Sure thing, I'll try to be there!