Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    This sounds like a great idea, any kind of idea of what will be needed?

I think: you, a level 80 toon, mumble, and a can do attitude is preferred. Failing that, the ability to be around at 9pm and a functional guild wars 2 account is the minimum ;P

Network Hub
    Good thing we both made level 80 earlier this week then. We'll be around.

Alright, let's bump this quickly. 9pm (UK time) tonight, let's meet in Lion's Arch (maybe at the beach?) and organise parties before kicking off the mission. I am not sure if people want to "cheat" and look up the location of targets on some website, but personally I would like to refrain from doing so tonight.

As mentioned above, make sure to have some waypoints unlocked in the high level areas as well, could be that we need to chase the NPC targets through jungles, seas, volcanos or across ice floes.

Well, good luck, I'm in Belgium drinking beer (someone has to) so won't be able to join you at the moment.

Excellent work everyone. Thanks for coming - we'll organise an attempt at Tier 3 for next week. In the meantime if there are people who didnt get to participate this week, do shout out and if there's enough interest we can organise a tier 1 bounty event for later in the week.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Good fun last night - thanks all!

It look as if Weekly Mission Progress has reset overnight. So we can gain new merits from bounties any time from today onwards -- and, moreover, we have until next Saturday night to earn merits before the next reset.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    I think: you, a level 80 toon, mumble, and a can do attitude is preferred. Failing that, the ability to be around at 9pm and a functional guild wars 2 account is the minimum ;P
    Damn, only another 50 levels to go, shouldn't take long!

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgam View Post
    Don't worry too much about rushing a character to level 80. I feel that one of the major strengths of this game is that gaining experience doesn't feel like a chore. Would be a shame if you would rush past all the nice and detailed content. We'll have guild missions as a halfway constant feature from now on, so you really won't miss out on anything.

If you are looking for a quicker and/or more fun leveling experience, I suggest you post something over here.

Team Fail A and Team Fail B taunting eachother while waiting for their second chance to glory* !

gw001.jpggw002.jpg

(I was in Team Fail A)

* 2 guild commendations
    --
    -- V. Don Quixote. Tyler Durden. Donnie Darko. Martin Sillenas. Maynard. Rorschach. You. Me.

Nice shots Hunchback. I insist that I was the avatar of fail though, as I was exitedly yelling at the members of group B on Mumble to go for the "correct" target, when I was myself in group C.

Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Excellent work everyone. Thanks for coming - we'll organise an attempt at Tier 3 for next week. In the meantime if there are people who didnt get to participate this week, do shout out and if there's enough interest we can organise a tier 1 bounty event for later in the week.
    I'd like that, as I was away last night.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback View Post
    Team Fail A and Team Fail B taunting eachother while waiting for their second chance to glory* !

gw001.jpggw002.jpg

(I was in Team Fail A)

* 2 guild commendations

Team Fail? Dammit, why did I miss this.

Oh well, I should be able to run a few of these, now that I am done being too sick to see where I`m going.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Nice shots Hunchback. I insist that I was the avatar of fail though, as I was exitedly yelling at the members of group B on Mumble to go for the "correct" target, when I was myself in group C.
    Could be worse. I was shouting the locations all night, only realised after my mumble settings had reverted and nobody could hear me
    Fixed for next time at least, and good job everyone.

Tier 3 is going to be hard, think we'll have to "cheat" with the guides a bit for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback View Post
    (I was in Team Fail A)
    You say that like the A team were somehow better than the *spit* B team...

...and of course you would be right.

Here was the general milling around while I got confused that so many people had turned up...we had 30 on mumble which was great!

Its titled "Worra lorra Arr Pee Es"

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    You legend. Like I said, it seemed suitably RPS-like, so gold star for you!

Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    I'd like that, as I was away last night.
    Noted! If we get some more we'll go ahead and do one this week, what sort of days work best for you? If not will you be around next Sat?

In fact, on a wider point shall we say Tier 3 Bounty attempt Sat Evening 8pm next week (the earlier time gives us some fail space). If there aren't too many dissenting voices by Tues evening, I shall make it so.

PS remember there's the steam group, which I'll shove announcements on: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/roc...gnet?l=english

Quote Originally Posted by Yaemar View Post
    Could be worse. I was shouting the locations all night, only realized after my mumble settings had reverted and nobody could hear me
    Fixed for next time at least, and good job everyone.
    Hehe, did we all start talking about robots after you joined? As someone came on, made some garbled electrical noises and then never said anything else.
    Last edited by Timofee; 03-03-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Next Saturday sounds good for the Tier 3, as for the Tier-1-for-latecomers, I'd be fine with any evening Mon-Thu - I'm usually online most evenings anyway.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

I wanted to pick these two up separately, as well as cover off some admin

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgam View Post
    Like squirrel says, don't feel like you need to rush things just to take part - someone more well read on the missions will be able to correct me, but I think some of the other mission types will be more newb friendly.

On a wider note, last night proved that the timed nature of the missions means its going to be difficult for peeps without a level 80 - just on the basis they're likely to have explored a significant chunk of the world, and many of the possible zones are highish level. So as stated last night, a spot of home work for people that wish to fully contribute next week would be to pick up a smattering of waypoints in the possible zones.

You can find the list of potential bounty zones here: http://dulfy.net/2013/02/27/gw2-guild-bounty-guide/#14

Quote Originally Posted by Yaemar View Post
    Tier 3 is going to be hard, think we'll have to "cheat" with the guides a bit for that one.
    Yeah, given the timed nature and our inability to field 100 people to zerg a zone looking for them its going to be quite challenging. A challenge that we shall overcome!

I think if last night proved anything its that voice is about 500% more efficient than typing and so I'd urge everyone that wishes to take part to grab mumble from here http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Don't worry if you don't have a mic - the listening is the important part. Next week if we have 30ish again I'm inclined to go with 3 teams of 10 taking out 2 targets each, but if we get more we might be able to split out in to 6 full teams, if so I might need some volunteers to co-ordinate groups - so do shout up now.

Failing that we can take the suggested route on dulfy which is tracking peeps down before starting, but that seems like it would require a significant extra time commitment up front so I'd prefer the other option - plus it seems waay too organised for RPS!

Activated Node
    We laugh in the face of organisation!

Sounds like fun was had I'm around Weds/Thurs evenings this week, the rest is on call

Me me me,

err, what I mean is that apart from tonight, I'm around all week and haven't done any guild missions yet, so definitely up for anything that comes along.

Wednesday is good for me also!
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.