Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Skinner Box

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Sisters of sorrow came back from the infernal crusade 5,4,6

Why did they even bother?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

An act of the traitorous has been committed, all must unite to drive out the usurper.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 24-04-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Network Hub
    For all we know you are the usurper...

It'll be fun if the usurper ends up winning and turns out it's the AI

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    It'll be fun if the usurper ends up winning and turns out it's the AI
    Eff that.
    Can you imagine the shame of losing to AI? I don't think AI ever usurp though.

THE USURPER CLAIMED A LIFE OF ONE OF THE FAITHFU- *Coughs, splutters and then wheezes*

Yeah, so I only need 3 peoples files... but I think its best the dead one sees it for themselves in game.

Edit: The Legion of [insert number here] is 25,26,16 wtf?

Also the orb is about to kill the usurper and he cant do a thing about it.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 26-04-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Network Hub
    Man, there's suddenly a LOT of tasty real estate free on the market. Especially my former stronghold has some seriously pimp stuff attached to it. (it's pretty obvious who I am/was after the last two turns)

Good to see the usurper got his comeuppance. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rinox View Post
    Good to see the usurper got his comeuppance. :P
    I'm quite the fool, dying to the orb 2 times in a row, that's right I was the isbn number. I left the +order relics on the HQ after realizing I was dead. Why? So that the pot may be stirred that bit more.

There looks to be another usurper now though, but can he topple the Panda with the combat card and praetor attached? its 12 tokens out of 15 and he is 130 prestige behind, so surely he'll try and kick the door down too?

Network Hub
    While of course we should play it out, there's only me and Tikey left in the game, so we both know who is who now. I am Emrep. Hi Rinox! Sorry I wasn't sharper about saving you. I tried to free up my ritual slots from the relics that were occupying them so I could throw some rituals at the usurper troops heading your way, sadly I was a turn too slow in doing so.

As for the current status; Tikey has approximately 50 legions, each with about a billion in each stat, and controls Pandemonium, while I have my single starter legion that now (having been defeated 3 times, I think?) has the stats of 0/2/2.

And despite the fact I have a large stockpile of resources, I am critically missing certain useful ones, am excommunicated so don't have access to the bazaar, and also still only have 2 order slots.

Let's skip through these last couple of turns quick, hmm?
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Well, now the cat's out of the bag I want to say:
    Sorry weebs! I did what SHODAN would've done. That is sweet sweet revenge.

Network Hub
    How the hell did Emrep get excommunicated? Literally all either of you had to do was stay in the game and not attack Panda.

Also Tikey I was prepared for a betrayal, but I did not expect you to suddenly go up 8/7/6 and 2 movement. Infernal Promotion? I've never seen it used so had no idea what to expect. That's bananas. And on the same turn that someone ELSE played No Combat Cards? It was unfortunate.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    While of course we should play it out, there's only me and Tikey left in the game, so we both know who is who now. I am Emrep. Hi Rinox! Sorry I wasn't sharper about saving you. I tried to free up my ritual slots from the relics that were occupying them so I could throw some rituals at the usurper troops heading your way, sadly I was a turn too slow in doing so.

As for the current status; Tikey has approximately 50 legions, each with about a billion in each stat, and controls Pandemonium, while I have my single starter legion that now (having been defeated 3 times, I think?) has the stats of 0/2/2.

And despite the fact I have a large stockpile of resources, I am critically missing certain useful ones, am excommunicated so don't have access to the bazaar, and also still only have 2 order slots.

Let's skip through these last couple of turns quick, hmm?
    Hullo Emrep!

It's too bad we didn't manage to bring our coalition to fruition, but even then I doubt I would have been able to stop Helio's march on me. The only thing that might have changed it was me stealing Olotroboa's (Darkweeble?) praetor Naphula, but that was more of a longshot than anything else.

Although I did enjoy the game, it's incredibly hard to coordinate against excom players if you can only communicate in-game!

It was a fun experiment. Emrep and his Lord (who was the ai) for excommunicated 2 for 1 by tikey/shodan.

SERIOUS WORDS: Tikey I knew who you were from turn 1,you suck at being mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by darkweeble View Post
    How the hell did Emrep get excommunicated? Literally all either of you had to do was stay in the game and not attack Panda.
    I framed them (same thing I actually tried with you but failed). That's why it was awesome they got into a vassalage relationship as I could excommunicate them both at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by darkweeble View Post
    Also Tikey I was prepared for a betrayal, but I did not expect you to suddenly go up 8/7/6 and 2 movement. Infernal Promotion? I've never seen it used so had no idea what to expect. That's bananas. And on the same turn that someone ELSE played No Combat Cards? It was unfortunate.
    Infernal juggernaut. Martial lvl 6 ritual. Makes every legion awesome. Also it was me the one who played the no combat cards event. All part of my MASTER PLAN.
    If not for the monsoons I would've killed all of you in two turns after xcomming myself. That was a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinox View Post
    Although I did enjoy the game, it's incredibly hard to coordinate against excom players if you can only communicate in-game!
    Yes, general coordination and plotting is quite harder. But it's nice as it doesn't delay the game as people plot outside the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    SERIOUS WORDS: Tikey I knew who you were from turn 1,you suck at being mysterious.
    I know :(
    I just love SHODAN. It was great as a character for solium.

Network Hub
    Yeah, I was hoping that SHODAN was the AI.

Not because I had any evidence; just because it seemed appropriate. As such, when Upir went to the hellfishes (and we'd been communicating about me becoming his Blood Vassal for a while), I decided I may as well just sell out to the next in line, and that was Adarragaz.

Figuring time was of the essence, I sent my message explaining and tempting him in the same turn as I actually sent the diplomatic request. The very next turn, SHODAN sends me a gloating message, and I realise with horror that I'm about to become the vassal of the AI player.

Didn't realise we got framed for the attack, I thought the idiot AI had actually done something. Moveover, apparently excom-players can't be in a lord-vassal relationship, so with one swift move Tikey not only excommunicated both of us, he also dissolved our alliance.

I must say everything was handed to me in a silver plate. Not only helio got rid of rinox and weebs of Helio in turn. But by capturing the pop near my stronghold (which I did just for sports) my legion ended up in the right square. Just 4 cantons away from Weebs and arradagaz, without rising suspicion.
    Also I suspect (you can tell me if I'm right) that no one would've suspected me of having access to infernal juggernaut as I had a visible lvl5 martial (master archer kinda tells that stuff) but no one could've known that I had the hand of the executioner, giving me a +1 to the power lvl.

I was also fortunate that Helio attacked panda when he did. I was two turns away from doing the same.
    Last edited by Tikey; 06-05-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Network Hub
    Yea I really couldn't spend my time worrying about you because Helio had to be dealt with and sucked up all my orders. I also did not realize how stupidly powerful Juggernaut is. Holy crap. I was holding onto the Orb and Monsoon to deal with your inevitable betrayal, but I did not expect whatever you had up your sleeve to let you reach me in one turn.

Basically, I blame Helio for ruining everything. He had 4+ order slots incredibly early and no one seemed to care. It was bizarre.

I had 6 orders since turn 23 or so.

Network Hub
    Yea. Absolutely disgusting. I tried getting Upir to do something earlier. Serves him right that you steamrolled him later on.

Network Hub
    I want to ask for peoples' judgement on an idea.

So when it was only me, Tikey and the AI left in the game, I was pondering posting here to claim my identity immediately.

PLOT TWIST! I was going to claim I was Adarragaz. I figured my one meagre hope was to instigate a war between the 2 stronger players, and hope I might be able to nip in and take the stronghold of the remaining player afterwards. Ultimately I wavered on whether doing so was good sportsmanship, and the whole point was rendered moot when my legion reformed and I discovered its new stats meant it couldn't fight its way out of a wet paper bag.

Thoughts on whether this play would have been ok morally?