Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

The Witcher 1 MODS

What are the must have mods for witcher 1.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Is there any at all?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Hi Res Texture is the only one I can think of. Full Combat Re balance makes combat more like it is in the Witcher II-you're more dangerous but also more vulnerable-makes combat a lot more dynamic and movement orientated, also adds a few other things. Wouldn't use it unless you've already played it through once however as it's quite a change and steep difficulty climb. Very good if you have played it though and don't mind a challenge.

Network Hub
    first person mod (95% of the game is non-combat)

Network Hub
    Flash Mod is a must, Full Combat Rebalance is rated high as well, though I heard it's best for a second playthrough. I also like the Scabbard mod, though it is only cosmetic.

You can get a comprehensive list over here: http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index...d-24-dec-2012/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fontan View Post
    Flash Mod is a must, Full Combat Rebalance is rated high as well, though I heard it's best for a second playthrough. I also like the Scabbard mod, though it is only cosmetic.

You can get a comprehensive list over here: http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index...d-24-dec-2012/
    Oh neat, I can finally give the first Witcher a change then.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    I posted a modesty mod for Arcanum on the rpgcodex and in reply, someone helpfully created a modesty mod for the cards in The Witcher (I think he eventually finished all of them). I always had a lurking suspicion he was being satirical.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    I posted a modesty mod for Arcanum on the rpgcodex and in reply, someone helpfully created a modesty mod for the cards in The Witcher (I think he eventually finished all of them). I always had a lurking suspicion he was being satirical.
    I think you can copy over the files from the censored edition, they float around on the internet somewhere.

As for mods: Flashmod - i have never tried it, but it's mainly a fix (and make more difficult if you desire) mod, and so it is worth trying out. Personally, I also use the "real blood", "real rain", "scabbard" and "Witcher Black Edition" mods, which make the game a little prettier. Since the game uses the NWN Override directory, mods are very easily installed and uninstalled.