Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar

Bungie's Destiny

A first-person console shooter set within a persistent world, Destiny takes place in a future-vision of our own solar system: A great peace beamed across the system, after civilization spanned the galaxy.

This is where things get interesting. As in previous Bungie games, there'll be both a traditional competitive multiplayer mode and a "highly crafted" story campaign. But as I've touched on a few times now, that story campaign will be a far more open experience than anything the studio has done with Halo. Players venture from hub cities out to optional missions and activities on forgotten parts of Earth as well as remote planets. You might get there in a rinky-dink spaceship you bought by cashing in on the odd bounty, or in a highly customized interstellar luxury yacht you purchased after consistently dominating in competitive multiplayer. (Yes, there seems to be a shared currency between the various modes.)
    And there's also no MMO subscription fee. So that helps.
    Full article

Sounds sort of interesting? PC is probable, so we'll see.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    "We are creating something totally new.." Then at the end of video they show gameplay which looks really similar to HALo lolz.

Otherwise cool enemy designs,not so cool friendly desings.

How from that snippit of gameplay can you say it looks like Halo. Other than it's an FPS of course.

I love the concept art and how stuff looks though. Looking forward to more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    You can create something new that looks similar to something else, otherwise by the second game in a trilogy, you'll be boring people. It's how Halo survived for as long as it did. Anyhow, I will be dumb founded if this isn't released on PC. The set-up sounds like a perfect fit. That said, there could be some explanation as to a lack of reveal now; there'll likely be a big announcement with a full video at E3...with the new consoles. Hell, even speculation growing it'll be at the Sony stream on the 20th for the PS4. My point is, they're not going to show off PC footage, if any exists, with the lower consoles when they can show it with footage at max that'll put the comparable consoles to lesser shame than current gen.

I will be disappointed if it doesn't see a PC release at all though. I like Bungie and I enjoy their games, but I have no intention of either getting my 360 out again or buying a next-gen console.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

I think the suggestion is the PC version will launch alongside the next gen version.

Banned
    So as I see it, current gen console versions this year.

Next gen and PC will launch at same time as euro launch for next gen consoles.

PC reveal is held back because if know it exists then people demand to see it and people see how good it looks they will know how the next gen consoles are shaping up which is teh top secret.

So initially I will probably get this for PS3 (because fuck my 360 advert machine, free mp, and no server segregation) then a PC or Nextgen version depending.

But as for the game, it will be excellent like everything else by Bungie. Music gave me chills. Concept art and the level of design is phenomenal.

I like the concept art. Will be buying it on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    I like the concept art. Will be buying it on PC.
    You know that already?

I was thinking that the giant orb in the picture was an asteroid anchored to the earth's surface, possibly for the purpose of mining, the mass of which would create a low-gravity zone directly below it; an ideal place to serve as an unconventional battleground.

But a thing that gives humans magical powers is cool too, I guess.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    You know that already?

I was thinking that the giant orb in the picture was an asteroid anchored to the earth's surface, possibly for the purpose of mining, the mass of which would create a low-gravity zone directly below it; an ideal place to serve as an unconventional battleground.

But a thing that gives humans magical powers is cool too, I guess.
    It's the Traveller.

Whatever it was, it sacrificed itself so mankind could survive.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    You know that already?
    They'd have to be stupid to not release this on PC. And I'm confident it's going to be at least above average when it comes to shooting and whatnot, and I like what I've seen of the setting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I think my biggest belief in it coming to PC is that the thing is published by Activision...they're not exactly going to turn around and go "Well, how can we limit our potential audience?" There is no vested interest from Microsoft for a first party release. I think it being announced with the next gen versions makes a ton of sense, but even a little "We'll talk about it more in the future" would keep me happy. Then there's the fact that the PS4 and next Xbox are basically PCs, more so than ever before, that the idea of not releasing it on PC is just bizarre.

Of course, then you get things like this:
    We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo 'cause nobody wants to.
    The last time I played an FPS with a controller was when I was playing on my 360. That was almost 2 years ago.