Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Also, take it from someone who has actually coded for cell (albeit, in a reserach capacity): Cell is yucky. And, more importantly/pertinently, you also have to try different programming "tricks" as opposed to an x86 environment where you can use the same tricks that sane/non-research people have been using for decades.
    I work for Sony so up until the last few months I was programming on them all the time, they are kind of ick if you're doing SPU though. However as far as I understand our tools and support are generally rated higher than Xbox's by the developers. So the only real stumble was the complication of the Cell.

Anyway the main reason for the switch is the cost. The R&D cost is pretty much negated and the R&D being done is on things that actually differentiate products (Move style light bars on controllers). It reduces the price per unit, which means you can target a lower retail price and therefore shift lots of units. Which are all foul ups made on the PS3.

To put a more powerful Cell in would still cost a fortune in R&D costs. The research isn't already done on that, it's not like you can just slap two of them in there...

Note: there is still some R&D done on chips but in partnership with AMD. As it's not 100% off the shelf.

everything to do with reducing costs and zero to do with benefiting developers.
    I think I said main or biggest reason, which is true benefiting developers is just a happy by product.

Budgie's Destiny would be a great name for a casual-but-smart side-scrolling platformer where a pet bird tries to save his/her family from the hands of an evil wizard.

Ahem.

Carry on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Still no word on a PC release; it's very possible, I suppose, that they're sticking to their original documentation suggesting PC version would come with the sequel, but considering that the first didn't include a next-gen console, who knows, maybe it'll get a PC release? I still hold out hope. Anyhow, I didn't watch the GDC presentation they did, although I'm hoping it's archived somewhere, but they did release this vid. Some really lovely art design and, well, that music. It's funny, in a sense, because in some of that and in some of the designs you can really see Halo in parts, but it just still comes together so well. So clear to see that they really are giving this their all.

Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Is there any reason to believe this will come to PC yet? Otherwise isn't this just wasted wishful thinking?
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Well, it's being published by Activision and they tend to be pretty happy to release on as many things as possible and the PS4's architecture makes it very similar to a PC, so a porting job shouldn't theoretically be too hard. On top of that, you have an MMO-styled game which, traditionally, do well on the PC. So, at the moment there's nothing out-right saying or hinting towards a PC release, but they've been pretty cagey about confirming they won't do one. So, time will tell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Well, it's being published by Activision and they tend to be pretty happy to release on as many things as possible and the PS4's architecture makes it very similar to a PC, so a porting job shouldn't theoretically be too hard. On top of that, you have an MMO-styled game which, traditionally, do well on the PC. So, at the moment there's nothing out-right saying or hinting towards a PC release, but they've been pretty cagey about confirming they won't do one. So, time will tell.
    Agreed. Activision doesn't have enough franchises to eschew platforms when it comes to chasing profitability.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

A few people have gotten their mitts on the full conference and uploaded it to YouTube. I don't know if there's a better one, but the one I watched below is good apart from the odd few sounds that pop up rarely. Pretty interesting, I have to say. Nothing really deep on the game at all, simply about their design intentions for the universe, what gave them inspiration etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Three races: space humans, space elves and space orcs.

The artist for the game I'm working on got a piece of fan-art for the game featured by the Bungie community: http://www.bungie.net/7_More-Art-and...News?aid=10416

I thought that was pretty cool. The game sounds intriguing, but there's not really much to go on at this point beside Bungie's reputation and pretty concept art. Hopefully it comes to PC at some point.
    I take photos of space and talk about it sometimes: http://ofspaceandthings.tumblr.com Also, I am making a game for which there is a development log: http://elegythegame.tumblr.com/

Still living in hope for a PC version, here's a CG trailer they released. It briefly shows off the three classes and some of the enemies, but more importantly is narrated by Gustavo Fring.

There'll be a gameplay release at Sony's E3 conference and I'm sure during the event we'll see more about the game. Only confirmed platforms so far are the 360, PS3 and XOne/XBone/XO/XBO (what are we calling that thing??), PS4. Wii U and handhelds confirmed to not have any versions. I say handhelds, but obviously if one was going to be done it'd be the Vita (of course with off screen play between a PS4 and Vita, I guess you technically can).