Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    The leaked documents pointed toward a PC version. I'm betting on it releasing in time with next-gen.
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by dnf View Post
    Bioware copy things since Baldurs Gate. Its not only Tali...
    Why are you taking your Bioware gripes into this thread about Bungie?

Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    Yeah... it's not coming to PC. Sorry guys.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...-deny-reality/
    Blatant disregard for the PC as a platform is pretty much par for the course when it comes to PR talk. I won't be waiting for this one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It seems that Bungie is taking some lessons with Bioware in regards to inspiration:

Yeah, in this case, if you look at the concept videos they are all short cuts. Granted this is 1) alpha 2) start how you mean to go on. The tali problem was due to all the other parts having a lot of detail, then a photoshop for an entire character that had followed the entire story.
    A photoshop for a single image for the concept or website is understandable. They will probably use shortcuts for the whole development IMO, but at least it's obvious from the get go so no worries.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    It seems that Bungie is taking some lessons with Bioware in regards to inspiration:

Original source:
    NASA
    File number ISS007E1087
    http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/...s007e10807.jpg

Gallery:
    http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images/station/

Copyright:
    Still Images, Audio Files and Video NASA still images, audio files and video generally are not copyrighted. You may use NASA imagery, video and audio material for educational or informational purposes, including photo collections, textbooks, public exhibits and Internet Web pages. This general permission extends to personal Web pages.

[...]

If the NASA material is to be used for commercial purposes, especially including advertisements, it must not explicitly or implicitly convey NASA's endorsement of commercial goods or services.

Bungie are well within their rights to use that image. It's not like they can send a freelance photographer into space to make their own.

I understand the outcry that arises from concept art clearly ripping other people's work off, but I do wish people making idiotic noices about this kind of thing did more than a simple Google Search...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    The leaked documents pointed toward a PC version. I'm betting on it releasing in time with next-gen.
    Didn't they say there were not planning a PC version as of now?
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Didn't they say there were not planning a PC version as of now?
    Have only seen misquotes on that. As I posted before, nobody from bungie has said the words "not coming to pc". They just said that they don't think people like playing with keyboard and mouse as much as with controllers now.

Can we safely read this as initially a console only release, then a chorus of "why didn't you release it for PC? We'd buy it!" and a counter-chorus of "Keep your shitty game on the consoles, you don't care about us, we don't care about you.", followed by news of a HD version for the next generation of consoles, rumours of a PC release, and then finally, maybe, a PC release 2 years after the initial console release when it is dull and dated and no-one cares?

Its Monday morning, I'm allowed to be grouchy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Have only seen misquotes on that. As I posted before, nobody from bungie has said the words "not coming to pc". They just said that they don't think people like playing with keyboard and mouse as much as with controllers now.

Did they really said that,oh my the ignorance. They can keep this on consoles i don't give a crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    They'd have to be stupid to not release this on PC.
    Bungie always liked them incredibly goddamn stupid.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Did they really said that,oh my the ignorance. They can keep this on consoles i don't give a crap.
    And not even really that. He said nobody plays shooters the way they did before and I think he was referring to DOOM style FPS as a whole rather than M&K. Stupid, but I don't think he meant noone uses Mouse etc.
    steam: sketch

This is like when some guy from Visceral said that the PC port of Dead Space 3 was getting no special treatment, which got the internet up in arms about "omg this port will suck!". Then it turned out on release it was actually a pretty good port with decent options.

Or that time when someone behind AssCreed 3 said "players are going to want to play this with a controller", to which the internet replied "omg there's no keyboard and mouse support!!", when in actual fact there was.

So the moral here is,

-Someone from a games company says something
    -Internet over reacts and tries to read between the lines
    -Game news sites and their journalists latch onto the impending hype and run stories with headlines that aren't entirely true
    -Sooner or later original guy says he was misquoted and misunderstood. And since the internet is already talking a tonne about his/her game that we know nothing about, they're all going to hear about this news too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    No what they said was actually a bit worse.

We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo ’cause nobody wants to.

This is like when some guy from Visceral said that the PC port of Dead Space 3 was getting no special treatment, which got the internet up in arms about "omg this port will suck!". Then it turned out on release it was actually a pretty good port with decent options.

Or that time when someone behind AssCreed 3 said "players are going to want to play this with a controller", to which the internet replied "omg there's no keyboard and mouse support!!", when in actual fact there was.

So the moral here is,

-Someone from a games company says something
    -Internet over reacts and tries to read between the lines
    -Game news sites and their journalists latch onto the impending hype and run stories with headlines that aren't entirely true
    -Sooner or later original guy says he was misquoted and misunderstood. And since the internet is already talking a tonne about his/her game that we know nothing about, they're all going to hear about this news too.

Considering the majority of games released in recent years have been complete and utter shit, devoid of meaningful content and hacked apart by preorder bonuses and day one DLC... I'd say people have the right to be up in arms about shit like this. I don't even buy games on release anymore (rare exceptions excluded obviously, but I used to by most of my games at or around release).
    Last edited by Hypernetic; 18-02-2013 at 04:17 PM.

I don't see how this can work unless they make the combat very team oriented, challenging and maybe even tactical.

I mean the whole "players make the stories" thing sounds a lot like Day Z, and it is invalidated automatically if the game plays like Halo (pretty regular run and gun FPS) with random (and especially with scripted) encounters.
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    Considering the majority of games released in recent years have been complete and utter shit, devoid of meaningful content and hacked apart by preorder bonuses and day one DLC... I'd say people have the right to be up in arms about shit like this. I don't even buy games on release anymore (rare exceptions excluded obviously, but I used to by most of my games at or around release).
    But what they're getting up in arms about on almost all cases are things beings said
    1) months or possibly years in this case, in advance
    2) are being misunderstood or are not being stated correctly by those making the comments.

If AC3 was controller pad only then sure, get up in arms. If Dead Space 3 was a terrible port, then sure get up in arms. If this game doesn't come out on pc because the guys at Bungie are really stupid enough to think nobody plays with a K+M set up, I don't know if I'd get up in arms, but I'd sure as hell link that guy to little things called Planetside 2, Team Fortress, Counter-Strike, and then every other game on PC that runs better with K+M (mobas, rts etc etc.).

You're right about not buying games on release though, anyone who still does that or pre-orders games based off hype are silly.

But what they're getting up in arms about on almost all cases are things beings said
    1) months or possibly years in this case, in advance
    2) are being misunderstood or are not being stated correctly by those making the comments.

If AC3 was controller pad only then sure, get up in arms. If Dead Space 3 was a terrible port, then sure get up in arms. If this game doesn't come out on pc because the guys at Bungie are really stupid enough to think nobody plays with a K+M set up, I don't know if I'd get up in arms, but I'd sure as hell link that guy to little things called Planetside 2, Team Fortress, Counter-Strike, and then every other game on PC that runs better with K+M (mobas, rts etc etc.).

You're right about not buying games on release though, anyone who still does that or pre-orders games based off hype are silly.
    Well, if people didn't' get up in arms about things perhaps they wouldn't change. If you look at things like the Dead Space comment people had a right to be upset after seeing ports like Dark Souls and a few other recent games I can't remember. Same with the gamepad only thing.

Some of the complaining might be over the top, but honestly I'll be more concerned when there is no complaining.

But, nothing changed in those games as a result of people complaining about them.

Dead Space 3 didn't get a better port because people got angry about a quote. It was already made that way.
    Asscreed 3 was never gamepad only, it was just people misunderstanding a quote. It already supported keyboard and mouse.

Complaining about things when those things are wrong or stupid is fine. Like the complaining of the very poor Dark Souls port that we got, where features that they said they were not able to do were modded into the game right away is justifiable and useful. Complaining about things that are being misquoted or that you don't understand isn't. This falls into the second category.

But, nothing changed in those games as a result of people complaining about them.

Dead Space 3 didn't get a better port because people got angry about a quote. It was already made that way.
    Asscreed 3 was never gamepad only, it was just people misunderstanding a quote. It already supported keyboard and mouse.

Complaining about things when those things are wrong or stupid is fine. Like the complaining of the very poor Dark Souls port that we got, where features that they said they were not able to do were modded into the game right away is justifiable and useful. Complaining about things that are being misquoted or that you don't understand isn't. This falls into the second category.
    No, it really doesn't. You can't say the complaining had zero effect when these "misquotes" are often months+ before the launch of a game. Honestly though, the public faces of game companies should just stop saying stupid shit.

As for the gamepad only thing I was referring to dark souls and this new bungie game. I never even heard about this assassin's creed incident.

They should stop saying stupid shit, although on the flip side of it, saying stupid shit is a brilliant way to bring even more attention to your game. Then you can turn around a month later and say "No no, we didn't say that see *points to what they said*, we were misquoted".

The misquotes are months before and complaining about it hasn't changed any of them. Here's something that complaining about did change. FOV sliders in things like Gotham City Imposters. When that was released you couldn't change the FOV and people complained so they fixed it. Same for The Darkness 2, where someone from the company said you couldn't change the FOV because of a limitation. They actually said that. Fans made a patch and then later it was changed. I don't know what happened to her.

And again, nobody from Bungie has actually said that Destiny will be gamepad only. They said it was a console shooter and one dude said he thought k+m was outdated. It's not really a shock that the co-founder of the developer that arguably changed modern console fps (for better or worse), thinks that a control method that his game doesn't use is outdated.

Network Hub
    I have just 2 questions.

When did Peter Molyneux start working as press release writer at Bungie?
    Why does everything sound very much like its been done before, and yet people are getting stupidly excited about it?

Network Hub
    Game sounds interesting, though I find it odd that they're releasing a game that has, I'm assuming, been designed to be played over a long period of time on current gen consoles when those are on the way out.