Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Still doesn't look any special.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Still doesn't look any special.
    Nothing ever does with you though does it Daft? Maybe if you quit comparing games to the impossible imaginary standards in your head and instead compared them to what's presently out there in reality, you might actually get a tad excited for a title for once in your life. A bizarre proposition I know, but maybe give it a try sometime.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    The whole move towards PC architecture is essentially to make development that much easier for third party devs. The core processor was a huge gamble by Sony because they (naively) thought they were going to sell as many PS3s as they did PS2s and that the sheer volume of units would be enough to encourage myriad platform exclusives. That reality didn't pan out and in the early days a few developers fell foul of exclusivity in terms of production coupled with poor sales.
    Errr the 360 doesn't really have a PC architecture in terms of x86. We made the PS4 x86 mostly because it's fucking cheaper.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephro View Post
    Errr the 360 doesn't really have a PC architecture in terms of x86. We made the PS4 x86 mostly because it's fucking cheaper.
    The fundamentals are a lot closer in terms of how the processors work in the 360 with those you find in a PC Vs the Cell system which is completely different.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

How do we know the game is even good enough for us to want on PC? Or are we just angry it's not likely to see one anyway? I have trouble keeping up with you guys sometimes.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    The fundamentals are a lot closer in terms of how the processors work in the 360 with those you find in a PC Vs the Cell system which is completely different.
    It's "closer" but not at all the same. The CPU is, but the PPU on the cell is identical to one of the cores in the Xenon. The memory architecture isn't like programming for a PC and quite a few other programming details are different. Also SPU programming is basically the same as using compute units on a GPU on PC.

Just because the new pair are based on x86 they still aren't going to be anything like developing for PC really. I mean I do know some console developers do things suspiciously similar to locking games to CPU speed as they know the exact clock speed, nothing really that bad these days. But you cut a whole load of corners on a console game and they still will because it's fixed hardware.

Just thought I'd add a bit of realism to the "oh it's just a PC there's no excuse not to port now" feeling.

EDIT: Also the main point for going x86 is that it's just cheaper to get something basically off the shelf from AMD, who spend all the R&D money instead of Sony and MS.
    Last edited by Zephro; 21-02-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    How do we know the game is even good enough for us to want on PC? Or are we just angry it's not likely to see one anyway? I have trouble keeping up with you guys sometimes.
    I think we are just angry, just because.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Well I know why I want it on the PC.

Bungie make games I find enjoyable. I think a lot of people have similar feelings. It's a game that looks interesting, shame we might not be getting it. Seems pretty simple to me.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Yeah. I might not be big on Bungie's level design, but they know gameplay and balance and Halo is still one of the best multiplayer FPSes (and one of the last "old school" ones that have pickups and the like).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    The shooting in Halo feels great, with the exception of the nerf-assault rifle. It's also such an easy and fun game to just fall in and out of with your friends or online and be decent at.

I know because we never got Halo 3 and the rest on PC and we got the first two late, we're all meant to hate Halo, but Halo games are decent fun.

HALO did something pretty remarkable, groundbreaking, World changing (or whatever superlative you want to use) with the console FPS, or just FPS in general. Destiny may well do similar things, but for the MMO, and it'd be a shame to miss that on the PC. From what I gather, Bungie have something like a 10 year plan for the game and the world and all the rest... Would be nice if the PC was invited along for the journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Banned
    I just hope there is a gun like the Halo 1 AR. I spent the entire game using that thing because it vibrated those old huge xbox pads like nothing else,

And for all that hysteria over it not coming to PC, IT IS, you only need to data mine Bungie's site, check a few shop listings on the internet.

This forum is getting somewhat gullible like Reddit and willing to believe any and all bad news no matter the source.

Anyway, some ps4 footage of Destiny:

(personal highlight is the clouds undergoing a day to night change in fastforward)

I thought Halo was pretty good, but nothing mind-blowing. The environments were too cramped at times because of barriers like mountains to be as expansive as some people tell me it was.

As for the video, the character models look like they're from Rage. But those were one of the few good things from that game, so let's be happy for that. Will there be a persistent world, or is he just using that to describe character customization (which pretty much renders using the term pointless)?

Let's sit back and watch what happens. If it turns out to be something you'd definitely want to play and PCs aren't invited to the show, then you all can start getting angry. But it's kind of silly to get upset over something that's mostly speculation (the platforms and game itself) right now.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    If you like Crytek's games, you'll like Halo.
    When Far Cry launched one highly praised feature was that you could take down the commander of an enemy group and the others would perform worse. Halo did that before.
    It also featured the super-dude with vehicles in a sandbox concept of Crysis... and the "every linear level is shit" thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Yeah it was pretty fun to kill the Brutes and see the grunts running off like cowards.

The grenades also felt great and I do love the BR.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    you only need to data mine Bungie's site, check a few shop listings on the internet.
    I'd love to see the shop listings, but it's been shown that the data mining proves that it's basically a copy and paste job from other Activision stuff, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything specific. I also don't think we're gullible to the extent of wanting to believing bad news, but I also think there's plenty of room for healthy scepticism. They so far haven't said there's a PC version and there's been enough noise at the moment to elicit a response. Whether or not that's a good thing, well...Until they say for sure, I'm going to be reserved either way.