Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Exactly like that! What you need to do is add a subchannel to your own. Right-click menu is your friend. Then, add a number of keybindings in settings. One for each of the different Barneys SL/BL subchannels. This becomes your "whisper list". Use the same key for all of those. Finally, thosw of us who are playing as leaders, will need to add your leader channel to our whisper list.

It's a one-time operation, then we're all set for the remainder of time.

Oh I see, does it work with temp channels as well?
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Every channel is a temporary channel is it not? I may have misunderstood how this works, of course.

Nope, a temp channel is one that gets binned as soon as it's empty. I'll have to conduct some tests on that
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Ah, yeah, that might not work so well, then. Maybe Cooper or someone can set you up?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    @Skydancer
    All Mumble details are here:
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...e-leader-comms

The whisper lists we use for squad and platoon leaders is detailed in the second post.

If you are running a small squad working alongside the main RPS platoon, then just slip into an unused channel. "Platoon 2" is very rarely used. If all squad members join "Platoon 2" and the SL joins "Platoon 2 Balloon Leader" and sets-up a whisper list as detailed in that forum post, then you will be able to coordinate with the main RPS platoon(s) using whatever you set as your whisper key whilst your usual PTT key will chat with your small squad.

---

On that note, and in general: On night where we've had UBAD, PV or whoever as squads within out platoons, how have comms worked out? Do we use in-game voice comms, in-game text, or do non-RPS outfit SLs just join our Mumble? In which case, would a dedicated channel for non-RPS SLs to be added to the command whisper list be useful?
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

I do not know how comms have been solved store but having a channel for guests seem like a bright idea.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    On night where we've had UBAD, PV or whoever as squads within out platoons, how have comms worked out? Do we use in-game voice comms, in-game text, or do non-RPS outfit SLs just join our Mumble? In which case, would a dedicated channel for non-RPS SLs to be added to the command whisper list be useful?
    Had UBAD, PV and BURP tonight. Just chatted in leader and pl. Yeah, a channel for PVL/UBAD would be useful!
    Find me on the Steams

Channel added. Gonna have a look to see if there's some way of autmatic-i-fying the command whisper list at some point.

I'm not sure we need to expect / want other outfits playing with us to move to our Mumble. They'll have their own voice comms for sure. but if EuroBob or whoever else is leading up sqauds that are rolling with [RPS] platoons, they are more than welcome to hop in to our Mumble as part of the command chat there.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I think IrateRedKite and Bob wouldn't mind hanging so we can throw them a shout of "where you off to?". Saves my keyboard as well.

I should also say that cooperatin between outfits is working very well at the moment. The only thing we miss is DIG in /leader, really. Vanu is doing great with the low numbers we got.
    Find me on the Steams

Just had a look over at the Mumble forums. Seems like there's a solution to the current client-side shout lists we've been using. One which I tried early on but couldn't get to work. I can see what I was doing wrong then, so will try re-organising it tomorrow evening. It won't take long and it'll give me a 10 minute break...

I will need guinea pigs to sit and listen in channels though. I'll be volunteering people when I join.

EDIT: Nope. All that will do is mean all leaders PTT will be heard by all other leaders. Even if it's chatting with their squad. Which would be horrible.

I generally much prefer Mumble over TS. But the 'command' switch on TS does make this particular bit much easier...

Edit edit: But something else might work. A one-time shout shortcut to a single (cannot be joined) channel with certain ACL setups may work. Testing tomorrow night still on.
    Last edited by Cooper; 20-02-2013 at 01:57 AM.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Last Wednesday we had someone join mumble and start singing stuff/generally troll and disrupt our activities and we all had to block him. If we invite non-outfit people to our comms (esp pubbies), this may happen more often and it'd be great if we could have one or two people with temp-ban/kick powers so we can deal with that better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    I've just contacted in game BZKR and their leader, Kierrip. Both them and us seemed to have the same idea of capping near the TR WG, so as I saw them, I said hello and asked for their leader's name. We chatted a bit, and he asked for our mumble server and to join into our platoon. I had to log off, and they are cooperating with us as I write this, but he seems like a decent guy.

I think we should make a habit of always sending a tell to any outfit we come across and try to make contact with their leadership. At the very least we get some names, and they may even offer their assistance on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    Last Wednesday we had someone join mumble and start singing stuff/generally troll and disrupt our activities and we all had to block him. If we invite non-outfit people to our comms (esp pubbies), this may happen more often and it'd be great if we could have one or two people with temp-ban/kick powers so we can deal with that better.
    all we need to do is mute them locally. prob solved. then they can shout their lungs off as much as they like until cooper is able to boot them properly in his own time. pain in the backside but it saves messing with permissions

Yeah, playing with the BZKR guts went smoothly for the 40-45 minutes I took part in before logging off. Good call there! We should definitely do this more often.

Just managed to take Amerish with help from more or less all of our allies. RPS Public Platoon was right in the think of the action, where it belongs.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    Was browsing through and noticed this - if someone is being an ass report them in the main mumble thread or to someone with the power to ban them.

I'll be moving the server soon (hopefully no disruption) and probably look into increasing the pool of people who can mute/kick/ban. I'll also put a link in the motd for easier reporting of people.

(The "bind a key to a token" thing is something that's been wanted in mumble for a while, but the devs have not been receptive to the idea - maybe if someone goes and rattles their cages some more? They're supposed to be receptive to user made patches and features too, it being open source and all, but I dunno how easy it is)
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    I'll be moving the server soon (hopefully no disruption) and probably look into increasing the pool of people who can mute/kick/ban. I'll also put a link in the motd for easier reporting of people.
    Ooh, does that mean we could get a couple more people like Cooper, able to manage channels and stuff for us? That would be very handy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Suggestion: We as a group start to nominate non-RPS outfitted players and (gasp!) randoms for a special award should they perform outstandingly in our support. Might get some new players that way, and besides, it'd be kinda fun.

Idea from Reddit:
    Miller (VS) outfits
    "Number of active members in the past week" / "Total members" / "Percentage active":
    [DIG]: 288 / 379 (76%)
    [RPS]: 217 / 571 (38%)
    [MDK]: 199 (79%)
    [FRC]: 164 / 416 (39%)
    [DWG]: 133 / 167 (80%)
    [DWHQ]: 120 / 296 (41%)
    [BURP]: 110 / 470 (23%)
    [ISK]: 87 / 153 (57%)
    [IVRI]: 80 / 119 (67%)
    [VC]: 68 / 154 (44%)
    [KANE]: 64 / 90 (71%)
    [LFS]: 59 / 69 (86%)
    [LDD]: 46 / 88 (52%)
    [BZKR]: 46 / 71 (65%)
    [PVL]: 43 / 92 (47%)
    [UBAD]: 30 / 102 (29%)
    [F]: 27 / 41 (66%)
    [NUTS]: 20 / 40 (50%)
    [FOG]: Can't find on PSU

I had no idea DIG were that few. I honestly thought they had thousands. Maybe they reduced their numbers recently?

Anyway it makes RPS the largest outfit on VS Miller!

It also means DIG's percieved size must be down to their PUG platoons. They had 199 active today / yesterday while we pulled 124 in the same time period (mandrake: 69). But it never felt like RPS were just over 2/3rds of DIG. It often felt like we were half their size... Which should be more impetus to organise RPS PUG platoons. I would still much rather anyone else but DIG were mobilising the zerg.

I know I've said this before: I'm not in the mind to remove inactive players. I think RPS can easily be a place people pop into to check out the game if they first bounced off of it. I'm happy with a low activity rate as long as we keep pulling the large number of active players we do have. That being said, the moment there's a sortable "last login" column on the in-game outfit UI I'll probably bump inactive people to "giraffe calf".

We should continue to foster good relations with MDK. Our combined forces are gonna be a pretty impressive sight.

If someone wants to do the same for known enemy outfits, the URL is in this form:
    http://www.planetside-universe.com/o...eld=last_login

Just replace Rock+Planet+Shotgun with the outfit name. Use:
    http://www.savethevanu.com/ps2stats/outfit_members.php
    To search by tag

As expected: CONZ and BRTD are the biggest threats.
    Last edited by Cooper; 24-02-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG