Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Very interesting stats! I would not have guessed that we pulled more than 200 people in one week. That's very good!

Someone just posted this on Reddit, might be something to have a look at:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...ity_teamspeak/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    DIG, as well as CONZ for that matter, started out as a zergfit, but then moved into a more organized format, and culled the members that didn't make the transition and create TS accounts.

Met an oputfit tonight, had 20-ish people on. IVRI. Seemed like nice, approachable people. Some people to look out for:
    ShockATC
    Ray
    Artorius
    Busk
    SaitoSAC
    Malutki
    Xxotic - chatted this guy up a bit, seemed like a nice feller
    Last edited by EsotericReverie; 24-02-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've been seeing a lot more public platoons recently. MDK, ISK, and DIG all do it, it seems. I'd really like to see us utilise this more as well, as it can really augment the weight we can throw into a battle.

What i'm not sure on is how to best direct a public platoon. Do we staff it with 4 RPS members in SL positions, or do we transfer SL roles to interested pubbies and use it to possibly recruit more committed people? Also, should the PL use in-game voice + relaying orders in platoon chat, or will either suffice?

Edit: Just saw eso's post and had a thought--we cooperated with BZKR recently, and it worked out well. they joined the platoon as squad, and their leader joined mumble and relayed the orders on their TS. Having more numbers means being able to fight more effectively and efficiently, but also being able to achieve more in terms of dictating the battles on a continent.

I think offering smaller outfits to join the platoon(s) with their squad(s) could be pretty great. Win-win, really. They get to be part of a larger group and influence the meta on the continent, and we get semi-independent squads of capable people. Not sure how we could best facilitate stuff like this, but maybe giving their leads a few contact persons that they add to their friend-lists could work? That way, they'd always be able to just convo someone and join up whenever they feel like doing something on a larger scale.
    Last edited by qaz; 24-02-2013 at 09:49 PM.

From my experience, directing the PP is all about being clear, precise and positive. It's really important to use both the in-game comms and the chat box. Personally, i've utilised voice a lot more, as everyone is forced to hear that, unless they have it disabled... If you're a good RPS PL then you'll find it pretty easy.

I think that it might look better if the SLs were actual RPS representatives? You're not always guarunteed a response from anyone when you ask "anyone have a beacon and want to squad lead /tell me"... You could, alternatively, get in touch with another outfit (if they only have a squad online) and just incorperate them into the platoon. That's a tried and tested success.

I've noticed also that you tend to get more people joining when you have a nearly full alpha squad. I guess it looks as if your squad is popular? I dont know. Though having just read the post containing our outfit info in contrast to others', the RPS name should soon be drawing enough of a crowd anyway.
    Last edited by NickWhite; 24-02-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I agree that it probably is better to have RPS members as SLs in public platoons. I looks better and it ensures that we have capable SLs with beacons and who you can communicate with easily. It might also make it easier to recruit people to the outfit. Joining a large group of people who know each other and have in-jokes (for example, something about giraffes) is less daunting if you already recognize some of the players.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Yes. RPS SLs for any PUG platoons we run.

Leaders need practice leading and it makes things run smoothly. You can't guarantee everyone's bothering to pay attention in a public platoon, but having ana ctive and engaged SL directing things will do much to draw people in. We can better guarantee that type of SL activity from within RPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Obscure Node
    Heya Fellers.

I think EsotericReverie already mentioned my Outfit and me a couple of posts earlier, but I thought: "Hey, why not introduce myself anyway, since those guys seem to want to put a little bit more effort in all the inter-outfit communication?"

And the important facts would be:

We're Vanus Revenge ( IVRI would be our tag, since VR sadly had been taken on release by Vanu Rangers on another server).
    We're a german, infantry based Outfit and count roughly over 100ppl in our ranks. During most of the week we will have about 1 1/2 up to ~3 Squads, while at Outfit Ops we will have 1 Platoon (pretty much granted) and sometimes even 1 1/2 Platoons, maybe even 2 (although we only had that once tbh).

Wether or not we can considered to be "good" hmmm.... I think, yea, "decent" at the very least

EsotericReverie already did that, but here's a list of the members of our "council":

ShockATC - Outfitleader (only a representative title in our Ranks, the man himself still is a council-member)
    Artorius - Member Organiser (does SL/PL too, and is a VERY good player. mostly with his Scythe)
    Ray - Member Organiser (isn't around THAT much, cool guy tho)
    Busk - Webmaster (also does SL/PL every now and then. a bit shy (oh he'll hate me for that))
    SaitoSAC - SL (reasonable person, sometimes seems cross even when he isn't)
    Malutki - SL (Always fun to talk to, can't be around much tho)
    Xxotic - SL (myself. I'm an Ass.)

See ya (hopefully when crushing dem fools (NC/TR) Heads)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Thanks for getting in contact Xxotic.

I wouldn't worry about whether you're 'good' what we need on Miller-VS are people working together. So thanks for passing on the info. We'll keep an eye out for IVRI.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    DIG recently removed several thousands of inactive players, so yeah, they just recently trimmed down a lot.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Artorius is the highest ranking VS player in the server, and I think that IVRI have been active since the original Planetside.

Looking forward to working with you, guys!

Obscure Node
    Yea, Artorius is our "Crown Jewel"

Vanus Revenge has existed in the original, yea. It was one of the largest german outfits there as well, although not many of us were playing then (a few, yea).

I think the reason u didn't know us is because germans often stick to themselves (I'm not a german, but close :P ) and IF u have seen one of us on leader/ORDERS chat, it'll have been either Artorius or me. One of our rules says we have to fight for the greater good of Vanu tho, so most of the time we will be doing something that matters.
    We tried to get in contact with other outfits for... 2 weeks or so, I think this is a great opportunity.

Looking forward to working with you too!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Do we know anything about RenegadeCZ? I see him a lot in leaderchat/commands and he appears to run a platoon most of the time.

He's Vanu's Revenge [IVRI], I believe. Seems a good sport.

Obscure Node
    Nope, he's not one of ours. PSU says he's from ISK

Obscure Node
    Just popping along to say hello, being an ally and all.

On the subject of a Vanu Miller home and shared teamspeak.
    I've made this offer to several outfits - and The Vanu Accord was created as a place to unify the Vanu.

We knew before the round started that a good active communication between outfits is necessary for the empire to thrive.
    My view on the Vanu Accord, is that as outfits formed in PS1 we have not necessarily had the member activity and enthusiasm we expected carry over into launch. The game is definitely NOT PS1.
    We are shadows of what we were.

I know that Vanu Corp is working hard with recruitment to build itself back up to a disciplined and organised force able to bring an effective platoon sized fighting force to work with our allies.

We host a shared teamspeak server. Anyone Vanu is welcome to use it.
    (The address isn't posted publically for the simple reason it helps keeps the enemy off it.)

There is an RPS channel on there - but I understand that you guys are getting more value out of ties with MDK and DIG than us PS1 vets.

I am the webmaster and host www.thevanuaccord.com
    As I said we envisaged this co-operation and allies in leadership before launch.

It's not an exclusive club. RPS and MDK are active there already.
    I would be more than happy to take on board the direction your guys want to drive the alliance together, open this as a forum for all outfits and put in some development to enable outfits to join and manage their leader/officer and contact details.

I will post this in the TVA forums as well and hopefully Cooper, Ridebird and the others there can pick this up.
    I know that as outfit leader of Vanu Corp I've not been able to reach out to everyone.

New ally!

CSG

Contact person: VanuMason
    Information: SecretPrototypes new outfit. I asked them to tell him to stop TKing and the dude was so friendly about it we had a new ally.
    Find me on the Steams

A funny turn of events...

Hah! I guess the moral is that it pays off to have people hate you every now and then?

Also that my diplomacy skill is 100!

Secret said sorry and asked for forgiveness by the way.
    Find me on the Steams