Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Network Hub
    OK so another french outfit, a smaller one:
    FRES French Epic Squad (38 members on the 17th of april)
    Leader:
    Adreanor

contacts:
    tacti22
    lenutsy
    Last edited by Silgidorn; 17-04-2013 at 08:47 PM.

I tried registering to the TVA forums after the meeting yesterday, but the confirmation email never arrived so I'm a bit stuck on that (cursed be those NS and TR hackers!). Could someone point it out to one their admins? Registered there under my in-game name, CmdrZod.

Figured as a Frenchman I could do some good as a liaison to a French outfit, besides teaching you guys good gastronomy and a few choice swear words. Is there a quick rundown of what that role implies written somewhere around here, by the way? Couldn't seem to find one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Given that RIDEBIRD didn't answer my private, I'd be willing to talk to the MDK (Mandrake) guys. Furthermore, I just realized I used to play HoN/Dota with some of them so I already know their teamspeak

No idea what TVA is, though, because you keep using acronyms assuming the noobs know what they mean -.-

The Vanu Accord, also known as the Grand Alliance of Lasers and Evil Disco, or more realistically a gathering of most of the Vanu outfits.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    So...a Teamspeak, a forum, some ingame meeting point or?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    It's an alliance of VS outfits on Miller. We have a forum and a TS server.

http://www.thevanuaccord.com/forums/ but since my registration is stuck in limbo I can't tell much more
    Supposedly there is a TS for joint ops, where liaisons officers work their magic to shuffle intel to and from.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've been doing the role of TVA liaison quite often, and the basic requirement is that RPS has one or two people on the TS every night and is available for coordination. Joint ops don't always happen, but it's encouraged to find out what the other outfits are doing and to see whether there's any potential for working together loosely even on normal nights. Things get a bit more complicated when there's a joint op or a goal that a number of TVA outfits are working toward. When this happens, there's going to be frequent chatter, exchange of intel and continuous request for assistance or strategy talk. The liaison basically filters that and relays to platoon lead.

Beyond that, there's adding allied leads to your friend list and comminucating via whispers etc. Outfits like MDK and FRC usually prefer this method of communication, and it should also be less stressful than being on TS. This might be something that the people with relevant languages could be starting out with, as the main issue is that some of the TVA outfits are a bit reluctant to get consistently on the TVA TS.

If you want to get involved with liaising, we'll get you set up on TS, if you want to do the full thing, and if you're more interested in facilitating the communication between RPS and outfits with specific languages, you'll need to add contact persons to your friends list and start casually whispering them on occasion to get a relationship going.

Speaking of TVA forums. I've registered but still don't have access. I think a few others are in the same situation. Do we need Stanis to give us permission or do we have a rep who can do that? Username on their should be Dewisant.

Cheers Chaps (and Chapettes)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Re: Registering for the TVA (The Vanu Accord: The VS alliance on Miller) forums.

The admins over there will check every registration with existing outfit members. Basically, we don't want "spais" over there.

If you are BL, just be patient. If you are not balloon leader and do not have a track record of having acted as liaison for [RPS] in the past, you probably won't get accepted.

Those of you who offered to act as liaison between RPS and non-Ensligh-language based outfits, thank you so much for the offer. But we won't be able to get you on the TVA forums. This is not a problem, as (to be honest) those forums are actually not the best place to contact many outfits.

The best place to contact those outfits is in game and through the TVA teamspeak (which we can get you on without you getting into the TVA forums). or, if you happen to know it, those outfits teamspeak (thanks pakito!)

So pakito, Silgidorn, skhalt and others who have offered to liase with non-Enligsh-language outfits and everyone else interested in the liaison role in general: The way to do this is to simply speak up on any night of the week. Explain that you are interested in the liaison role (and if there's any language in particular you are interested in helping out with) and those of us in Mumble who have taken the liaison role before will be happy to set you up and introduce you to / mentor you through the role.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    A thought about inter-outfit cooperation:

Wouldn't it be good if we could interact more with the wider Miller VS community to achieve better coordination? Ways we could do this might include (some of which we already do):

- Running coordinated ops with other outfits where we just liaise via TS and /tell
    - Running combined ops with other outfit members in our outfits (with them on mumble?)
    - Inviting other outfit leaders to run training sessions on how they operate (eg their approach to capping a tower)
    - Having 'cultural exchange' programs so that some of our people can play in an MDK squad (for example)

I'm sure there are other possibilities and I can see that my suggestions have some practicalities that would need to be resolved (eg if we were going to try getting DWG to share their tactics) but I thought I'd share these options for discussion.

Thoughts?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Very good ideas! I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    A thought about inter-outfit cooperation:

Wouldn't it be good if we could interact more with the wider Miller VS community to achieve better coordination? Ways we could do this might include (some of which we already do):

- Running coordinated ops with other outfits where we just liaise via TS and /tell
    - Running combined ops with other outfit members in our outfits (with them on mumble?)
    - Inviting other outfit leaders to run training sessions on how they operate (eg their approach to capping a tower)
    - Having 'cultural exchange' programs so that some of our people can play in an MDK squad (for example)

I'm sure there are other possibilities and I can see that my suggestions have some practicalities that would need to be resolved (eg if we were going to try getting DWG to share their tactics) but I thought I'd share these options for discussion.

Thoughts?

We should definitely work more closely with other Vanu Accord outfits as the majority of the large Miller outfits are members and a lot of them are veteran outfits from Planetside 1.