Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar

[VS] Giraffes - Our allies

Hello!

As you might have seen lately we have been working with a few other outfits and successfully coordinating. Which is very good! The problem is that I haven't shared this information with you guys. I have been talking quite a few platoon/outfit leaders now for a week or so and have been getting friendly. These guys are our allies:

DiG
    Contact person: Justicia, UndercoverDolphin
    Information: Largest outfit on Miller. Not very organized. The two contact persons should be responsive and lead platoons.

CSG
    Contact person: VanuMason
    Information: SecretPrototypes new outfit. I asked them to tell him to stop TKing and the dude was so friendly about it we had a new ally.

PVL/PV - Purple Valour
    Contact person: IrateRedKite
    Information: Rather small, less then 12. Have joined us numerous times in the platoon, and that worked very well. Very skilled and organized. Perfect spec-ops team.

UBAD
    Contact person: EuroBob
    Inforamtion: Very small. Likes to do daring moves and cut off the enemy and will almost always do that in a larger fight (or act as recon).

ISK - Immortal Serial Killers
    Contact person: ISKNemesis, Thunderhawk
    Information: Seem fairly large but very inactive in leaderchat. Have never worked with them.

DWG - DeathWatch Gaming
    Contact person: rompafrolic (or something), Davelantor, Archangel
    Information: Largely air focused outfit. Highly organized and skilled, quite a few of them. Can be a bit hard to get a hold of.

BURP
    Contact person: Starkey, Fishstick
    Information: Not that active nor large, but they're good and like to work with us.

MDK - Mandrake
    Contact person: Kretaro, Fittipaldi, Pirutoko
    Information: Quite big, quite spanish. Their organization is similar to ours but more casual - if they're training or just playing the PL can't move the platoon "forcefully". That seems to mean that they might be stuck on Indar or other cert heavy places if they aren't in tactical mandrake as Fittipaldi calls it. When they are though (and ask for that), oh boy are they good! Quite often at least a platoon when they are tactical, and they can take and hold anything.

VC - Vanu Corporation
    Contact person: Stanis, Basti
    Information: I don't know much about these guys. Maybe Cooper does?

NUTS
    Contact person: Igster
    Information: Never worked with these guys.

FRC - French Connection
    Contact person: Roumata
    Information: Seems fairly large, again, not worked with them yet.

LFS - Long Forgotten Soldiers
    Contact person: Clarkeh, Gimpylung
    Information: Haven't worked with them yet.

DW - Druckwelle
    Contact person: Flexiz
    Information: Seem pretty big. Haven't worked with them yet.

F - Furious
    Contact person: Pulseh
    Information: No idea who these guys are except that they are in TVA.

LDD - Libertas de Dominatus
    Contact person: Evander, ginsoakedboy
    Information: No idea, in TVA.
    Last edited by RIDEBIRD; 02-03-2013 at 10:38 PM.
    Find me on the Steams

And a final thing - if you find out who a DIG platoon leader is, please write this down. We need to collect as many as we can to hopefully have a few DIG platoons up that want to cooperate. Known such leaders right now is Justicia, although he or she seems also as likely to just attack the crown.
    Find me on the Steams

Awesome Ridebird! Really awesome job
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

I saw now that Justicia had read my post on Reddit and contacted me there. So we have a way in to DIG now - talk to Justicia and we should do ok.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Some updates:

MDK leader: Kretaro

Not on as often as he used to be, but an old friend from Beta. Good guy, knows his stuff, pretty engaged in whatever scant metagame / strategy PS2 currently provides. He has been pushing for a dedicated get-together night for Vanu allies on Miller, so he's a good guy to contact about getting shit sorted.
    As Ridebird wrote, MDK are very similar to us in many respects. We are about the same size, and have similar numbers of players on any given night. Tend to play in a fairly relaxed manner but when they're woking it tight. Impressive stuff. Pirutoko is especially good at communicating and coordinating across outfits.

PV: Aidante is a leader there too. Someone else I know from the beta. Selest another leader. PV are another ex-PS1 outfit. I haven't seen them join us in a platoon, but if it's worked out before, this should be encouraged. When I have seen them in action they are damned impressive.

ISK: Another ex-PS2 outfit. ISKNemesis seems to have ducked out for a bit. Thunderhawk is the most active leader of ISK I've seen, but level of engagement over /command varies. Large outfit, only somewhat smaller than ourselves. RPS + MDK + ISK + FRC can pull a force that's larger than DIGs, so we should be hitting ISK up more.

I know bugger all about DWG or BURP.

VC: Stanis and Basti are a couple of PS2 veterans. They know their stuff when it comes to strategy and tend to make decent use of /command. Though VC is fairly small. I have noticed Stanis running PUG platoons recently. I imagine he's had the same thought as me: Better get PUG platoons led by someone who can make use of them than DIG...

FRC are pretty large. French outfit in the same way MDK are the Spanish outfit. Roumata is active in /command when they're on, which is fairly often (they're a name I've chatted to more often than others at least.) Not really got a good idea of how they roll. They tend to be similar to RPS on a non-strat night in their effectiveness / style / size.

Druckwelle are the German language outfit. I know nothing else about them than this.

LdD are a fairly small group but effective. Think PV. I've seen LdD and VC form up to make platoons a fair few times.

Unknown others:
    [KANE]: Kanium. German(?) outfit
    [IVRI] Vanu's Recenge. Another German outfit
    [FOG]: Fast Operative Group. Large-ish Russian outfit.
    Last edited by Cooper; 18-02-2013 at 01:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Last Thursday, after the StratGir event, I found myself leading a mix of one of our squads and a lot of PUGS. The NC were pushing hard, so I kinda got alarmed (panicked!) and purchased leaderchat. Long story short, we pushed them pretty well, mainly thanks to collaboration from Eurobob (UBAD I think?) and Flexiz (DW). So DW will cooperate, at least in a crisis.

Oh, a couple of days ago I found myself cooperating with someone from DiG. UndercoverDolphin. He seemed really pleasant, efficient and respectful. Give him a tell sometimes.

And on a general note, as I've found myself leading reluctantly and in strange hours, it seems to help if one just gets in leaderchat and just give occasional sit reps and an outline of where we plan to move next. Since I'm new to this, I'm not sure if others may view it as a bit too much (spam!), but I've got helpful responses, either in requests for or replies to reinforcements, or general plans and positions of allies, so I can choose a target, or relay that info to the PL (I did that on Friday, when ReiOnRyou took over for a while).

Updated with DIG-info, thanks.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    This is a great thread! It'd be great if we could push the outfit wide cooperation thing even more, and this'll definitely help. I've had contact with Eurobob and he's been pretty good (their outfit seems small though).

The outfits i'm not seeing all to often are DWG and Druckwelle. Does anyone know many squads they typically field?

I think DWG range from 2-4 squads, but they are far more effective than their numbers suggest. Except for Fridays, they always operate in tactical coms. They hold constant training sessions, have specific MOs for various situations, etc. And they have some of the best VS fighter pilots.

When I've noticed DW, I don't think that they were more than 2 squads worth.

Judging by what I've seen personally DWHQ tends to run with a squad or two. They're fairly efficient at what they do, however. I ran with a tiny group of them (not squadded, just helping them out with taking skydock and regent rock) very late one night and they are at the very least solid players.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Good initiative, this!

Ive sent a friend to most of these, cheers!

Also, maybe just saying hi to people we recognise with the respective tags. Do the rounds as it were. Get them talking within their own outfits.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

I'm not sure if everyone got this but during a biolab fight (rashnu I believe) last week, we had KANE shouting their praises to us for coming to their aid in proximity chat over and over. It was a nice gesture.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Oh, a couple of days ago I found myself cooperating with someone from DiG. UndercoverDolphin. He seemed really pleasant, efficient and respectful. Give him a tell sometimes.

And on a general note, as I've found myself leading reluctantly and in strange hours, it seems to help if one just gets in leaderchat and just give occasional sit reps and an outline of where we plan to move next. Since I'm new to this, I'm not sure if others may view it as a bit too much (spam!), but I've got helpful responses, either in requests for or replies to reinforcements, or general plans and positions of allies, so I can choose a target, or relay that info to the PL (I did that on Friday, when ReiOnRyou took over for a while).
    Well I'm not in DIG anymore, mainly cause I'm more for small squad work. I've created a small and temporary outfit that is like a mercenary squad, with aims to support other outfits with for example air support, small base takeovers, supplying and defending sunderers to a base etc. There should be a forum where all vanu outfits on miller can communicate (each having their own forum) and strategy and common goal forum etc, which is why I spoke to mreclectic earlier and other outfits about it. DIG is by the way becoming more organized, but its a slow process going from a mass zerg outfit to organization.

Freakybowie is by the way a frequent platoon leader in DIG, and he's very active.

Hey! Thanks for the heads-up!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Ah, didn't realise FreakyBowie was DIG.

I've chatted quite a bit with FreakyBowie over /command. Good head on that man.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

You can also count on AFBP, which is just me, Vasilij88, JokerAFBP and Luckbiturbo for spec ops. Mostly we man a single AT mag and excel as tank/sundie snipers and ninja capping. Otherwise we man a lib or get a bomber scythe/skyguard combo. When veichles aren't available, we make a good smoke ir LA crack team.

Alas, I need to be in a separate channel with my gunner for comming, but give us an objective (we're usually on Italian Magfuckers on mumble, or squad chat or tell) and we will make sure it gets done.
    Last edited by Skydancer; 19-02-2013 at 01:19 PM.
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

We are also in separate channels for strategic nights at least. Maybe we could set up a linked leader subchannel in your Mumble channel and add that to the command whisper list? So, if you want to join in some coordinated ops, your SL could join the leader comms, otherwise just stay in your regular channel?

I am the SL and main driver, that's the problem. How do you set that channel up? Also, does this mean I can speak in my own channel and speak on yours with pressing a button or something like that?
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS