Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Xari View Post
    ...AMK 1.4 (my favorite).
    As a long time fan of the STALKER franchise (since before THQ came and turned it into Another Generic Shooter) I can't but recommend AMK 1.4.

Even the english version can be a bitch to install properly, but once you get it working is the most awesome STALKER mod out there. Also, regarding stealth, it does work in AMK 1.4; it's actually possible to hide from enemies and make them lose your track.

I'd like to throw a question too: Any idea of what mod for CoP could offer a similar "AMK'ish" experience?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by makute View Post
    As a long time fan of the STALKER franchise (since before THQ came and turned it into Another Generic Shooter) I can't but recommend AMK 1.4.

Even the english version can be a bitch to install properly, but once you get it working is the most awesome STALKER mod out there. Also, regarding stealth, it does work in AMK 1.4; it's actually possible to hide from enemies and make them lose your track.

I'd like to throw a question too: Any idea of what mod for CoP could offer a similar "AMK'ish" experience?
    I have not played AMK although I played NS DMX which seems to incorporate some of its elements. Try taking a look at the bigger mods like SMRTR or SGM at the GSC forums. There seems to be also an AMK version for CoP but only in Russian.

AMK 1.4 works just fine if you're playing it at version 1.0004. It'll have problems with 1.0005 or Steam, so I wouldn't recommend anyone playing it with those versions as makute said it, it's a bitch to install
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Somewhat unrelated question: is there a mod, or a hidden way, to get subtitles in SoC?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    I have not played AMK although I played NS DMX which seems to incorporate some of its elements. Try taking a look at the bigger mods like SMRTR or SGM at the GSC forums. There seems to be also an AMK version for CoP but only in Russian.
    Thanks pal, I'll give them a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Somewhat unrelated question: is there a mod, or a hidden way, to get subtitles in SoC?
    AFAIK, there are no subtitles for STALKER, modded or otherwise.

Silenced Weapons : Long Range silenced Rifle Shots from Cover usually work in staying undetected for a while.
    Problem is that the Enemies hear very well and almost everthing makes a Sound ,from drawing your Knife to crawling through a Bush.So no easy undetected CQC Kills.

Another Thing one should keep in Mind is that Weapons get more inaccurate with wear and tear. Thats why i usually stick with an improved AK.Its slightly less accurate then the western Guns but it wears down a lot less and is more accurate after a few Dozen Shots.Also lots of Ammo Loot.
    Reliabilty relies on the Mod,so simply save and testfire 200 Shots from each Gun to see how the Precision decays.And how much the Repair costs rise.

Also improved Nightvision and Enviro Protection is usually more useful than heavier Armor.
    Bullet resistance for a larger Fight can be gained from Artefacts,but you never known when you will overlook an Anomaly.
    Last edited by Arona Daal; 19-02-2013 at 06:47 PM.
    Great Search Engine for Game bargains:
    http://isthereanydeal.com/?by=price:asc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by makute View Post
    AFAIK, there are no subtitles for STALKER, modded or otherwise.
    Sigh, oh well. Thanks for the reply. Not adding subtitles is such a silly mistake.