Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Recommend a mouse to me?

I have a tendency to break mice. Except for my first Microsoft optical mouse that lasted near a decade, all the others have fallen apart in less than 12 months. So, any advice on what I should get? I have though a few requirements (I'm picky like that).

Needs to be a nice size, that fits in the palm.
    3 buttons and a scroll wheel at least.
    Wired, I hate batteries or lag from the wireless.
    Around 30 or less. I'm a asking a lot there, I know.

Anyone know of any good brands or deals?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I hate to be the person who does this, but there's an entire thread right on this very topic, which is the very first thread in the subforum after yours about this topic.

Search the forums.

I've posted a recommendation in there that would suit all your needs, under 30 quid, has 5 buttons, is wired. Several others have also recommended some.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yep, sorry. I kind of had a blank moment there. I promise it does not usually happen. Will check out that thread. :)
    Feel free to have this one deleted.

TTe Level 10 gaming mouse is rather nice and looks cool. A bit expensive.

Network Hub
    Logitech MX518 gaming mouse. Best. Mouse. Ever. I think its been superceded now. I've had mine nearly 10 years.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I've got a Logitech G500, it was 35 (I think?) from Amazon. It has the three usual buttons, a scroll wheel that tips left and right and can be unlocked for free-wheeling (useful in a couple of games, like Rainbow Six 3 where you can slowly open a door with the wheel, but mostly good for scrolling web pages), it has three buttons under your thumb (I use one for PTT, the other two are mostly unused) and you can adjust the DPI while you play with a pair of buttons to the left of mouse 1. You can configure the DPI settings and can set 3, 4 or 5 levels of adjustment, it's a nice feature if you've ever played a game where the mouse is much slower/faster in menus than in the game itself. Like Fallout: New Vegas, I have to set my mouse to the slowest speed to be able to navigate the menus, and Hotline Miami makes much more sense if I speed the mouse up all the way.

Also you get Logitech's customer service which is just excellent in my experience. I had a problem with my first G500 after about a year where the tracking was suddenly terrible, I told them and they sent out a new one, no questions asked, and asked me to drop the old one off in the box the new one came in at my local newsagent for free delivery back to them.

And it doesn't look too sci-fi or fancy, which I like. And you can adjust the weight of it, if that's something you'd like to do. And the cable is really long and braided (but the braiding is pretty crap to be honest).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Stay away from logitech g9x, I could write an essay about why it's a shit mouse

I have the Corsair M60 and I absolutely love it.

After reading this I got me a Sharkoon FireGlider Black.
    I am extremely pleased with it so thanks for the recommend superstars. It really is the bees-knees.

Now, it's going off topic a bit but I've searched for and can't find any discussion of Sharkoon's Skiller keyboard.
    How does it compare to the MS Sidewinder?
    Just to complicate matters I've found the Steelseries 6Gv2 for 50 in Asda. Should I go for that or go for the Sharkoon and spend the money saved on strong women and dirty beer?

logitech mx.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorltonwheelie View Post
    Just to complicate matters I've found the Steelseries 6Gv2 for 50 in Asda. Should I go for that or go for the Sharkoon and spend the money saved on strong women and dirty beer?
    At 50 the 6Gv2 is a steal, once you type on a mechanical you'll know. Get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokroustis View Post
    At 50 the 6Gv2 is a steal, once you type on a mechanical you'll know. Get it.
    I did. You're right.

Fifty squids at Asda kids, get 'em while they're hot.

Edit:
    http://direct.asda.com/SteelSeries-6...efault,pd.html
    Last edited by Chorltonwheelie; 16-03-2013 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Linkingtons.

Obscure Node
    Razer Deathadder, has an easy to press middle scroll wheel button which, for opening new tabs I can't deal with out to be honest.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    With the exception of the stealseries logos, that keyboard looks absolutely 100% identical to Dell keyboards.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    With the exception of the stealseries logos, that keyboard looks absolutely 100% identical to Dell keyboards.
    Gosh yes! It has qwerty along the top and everything.
    Shame about those pesky Cherry Black keys and metal base quadrupling the price.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Logitech has updated their mice, 2 keyboards and 2 headsets:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/micros...irect_gscience

G500 is a good device.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Perixx MX-2000, which is a neat gaming mouse (albiet a bit small) for less then 30 pounds. For that, you get up to 5000 DPI (Adjustable to 500 DPI and increments in between), 11 buttons, and all that jazz. For the money, it is a GREAT mouse.

I can't say a thing about reliability though.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Perixx MX-2000, which is a neat gaming mouse (albiet a bit small) for less then 30 pounds. For that, you get up to 5000 DPI (Adjustable to 500 DPI and increments in between), 11 buttons, and all that jazz. For the money, it is a GREAT mouse.

I can't say a thing about reliability though.
    Seconded. Had one for a few months and love it.