Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Network Hub

This mouse+keyboard vs gamepad debate spanwed by Bungie is just completely silly

It's incredibly silly because everyone seems to ignore the fact that you can plug a gamepad into the PC and play the game that way. I think this renders the entire argument academic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Bungie didn't spawn any debate, it's been going on for years. They just added fuel to the fire and said something that is silly.

Yes, more people probably play shooters with a controller now because of consoles, but that doesn't mean nobody plays with keyboard and mouse. It's the same as saying "more people order dominos, so nobody likes kfc anymore, people just don't want kfc". Loads of people love kfc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    How to Survive One Sentence Discussion Prompters

Hey daftpunk, last month I played the first few levels of Chaos Theory with a controller AND IT WAS BETTER.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarxe View Post
    It's incredibly silly because everyone seems to ignore the fact that you can plug a gamepad into the PC and play the game that way. I think this renders the entire argument academic.
    Smells like troll.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Hey daftpunk, last month I played the first few levels of Chaos Theory with a controller AND IT WAS BETTER.

That beauty owl say "O RLY" because no shit we had this disccusion since ever,its stupid to make another thread about this. And no,its impossible to be better with controller and you know it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Splinter Cell is definitely better with a pad.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar

Why should you put your hands like that?

I've gotten through Doom 2 on Ultra Violence difficulty with a Gravis Gamepad. That was a great controller that one but I had to replace mine with a Microsoft Sidewinder after I had a little cry because I lost it somewhere and that was an even better pad because it had six buttons on the face so you could play Street Fighter properly. It worked pretty well with Duke Nukem 3D so you can actually play first person-shooters well with a pad, I have done the field research.

Activated Node
    The whole "PC gaming is dying, consoles are the future" has been going on for a while.
    Let whoever chants it go on, if it were true, the big publishers would be the first ones to abandon the ship,
    and surprise surprise, they're still here :)
    For that whole KB+M Vs. Gamepads , until there won't be hybrid servers (PCs and Consoles) for shooters I deem this debate
    redundant. (Though I'm strongly biased to the KB+M :) :) )

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    "Hybrid" servers were tried. Three times.

Average KB&M players beat the top gamepad players, to the surprise of exactly zero people.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Why should you put your hands like that?
    To make it clear that you could give less of a crap about the bear. Bears all study body language at Ursine University.

I only know about cross-platform play with the Dreamcast port of Quake III. What were the other two? The DC even had an official keyboard and mouse which I think were supported by the game, that should've evened the field a bit.

So how about those keyboards on consoles, eh?
    Last edited by Spacewalk; 19-02-2013 at 11:50 PM. Reason: typos

I used a keyboard on my wii when trying to sort out a fixed IP for stability reasons.

The wii Web browser is opera (which runs great on my mobile) and its terrible. Otherwise I might have used the keyboard with it more.

What Nalano said. To this day I regret not joining a Q3 1.16 server with Dreamcast people on it!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    To make it clear that you could give less of a crap about the bear. Bears all study body language at Ursine University.
    What about uneducated bears? It's unbearable!
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalk View Post
    I've gotten through Doom 2 on Ultra Violence difficulty with a Gravis Gamepad. That was a great controller that one but I had to replace mine with a Microsoft Sidewinder after I had a little cry because I lost it somewhere and that was an even better pad because it had six buttons on the face so you could play Street Fighter properly. It worked pretty well with Duke Nukem 3D so you can actually play first person-shooters well with a pad, I have done the field research.
    These games don't have proper mouse aiming at the time and they have auto-aim

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    What about uneducated bears? It's unbearable!
    They wont be wearing the square caps.

And will probably just maul you.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dnf View Post
    These games don't have proper mouse aiming at the time and they have auto-aim
    Shooters should go back to the good old days of Doom and allow you to play keyboard only.