Echo Bravo [Event] - - SATURDAY the 23rd of February - 8PM GMT

Morning/afternoon/evening all!

Due to the success of last week's event, I thought I'd hold another one! Again, it'll have a focus on WvWvW.

Following last Saturday there was a lot of talk on the community forum about how the usual community members stick to the various Borderlands when playing in a big group while Eternal Battlegrounds is left to the mercy of the random masses. I think that this provides us with a nice opportunity just to take the initiative and spending an evening in EB.

Some of you will remember that I actually cut my teeth in EB upon obtaining my commander tag so it'll be nice for things to come full circle.

Where and when do we meet up?

We could do with all diving into EB at the same time, so prior to that let's group up in Divinity's Reach, 8PM this Saturday!

Never been there before? You can get a portal directly to it from Lion's Arch.

Do I need anything?

No! Well, except a decent PC that can handle large battles.

You don't even have to bring a high level character. Even if this is your first time ever running with RPS in WvWvW we'll be nice (I promise). Just come along and see what fun you can have.

We'll be using the RPS Mumble (see the details in our guild tab in-game) which does not require prior registration. We'll also have parties and squads up on the night. Everything will be made clear in party and team text chat in-game throughout the event.

I don't really want to reach out to the wider community at this stage; last week pretty much everyone in the community Mumble ended up joining the event which basically restricted us to defending our own Borderlands. I want us to retain a level of our own flexibility as a guild group this week.

Where are we going?

World vs World vs World! Specifically, we'll be checking out the Eternal Battlegrounds.

What are we doing?

The beauty of Eternal Battlegrounds is that we can do so much! Kill the overgrown grub! Pull the tree spirit to a supply camp to murder enemy NPCs! Camp the jumping puzzle!

Oh, and we might end up taking a few towers.

I think the important thing is to act as an independent group; just because a big fight is taking place on one side of the map, it doesn't mean that we are obliged to get involved in it if there's juicier targets on offer elsewhere.

That it?

Please note the time change; my events usually start at 7PM but this one is a bit different because I understand people are not often available to make 7.

Otherwise, just get along to the event and have fun!

(Oh and post below if you're coming or if you have any questions)
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

I think I'll come.

Question: Will we be able erect a couple of DMFs?
    Last edited by Squiz; 21-02-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Bugger, I can't make it this time. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun though and I shall allow myself to be slightly annoyed at my existing plans for Sat evening.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I'll be there, though I'm likely to be a bit late.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

unfortunately I won't be there
    i'll be on holiday for a week

good luck though; I am (almost) sad I'm missing it.

Looks like we'll have some time on our own, Krathor, eh?

Haha it sounds like it - not that I can complain. I will say that, if our numbers aren't looking good by tomorrow evening, I may open it up to the wider community.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

Activated Node
    I'm a maybe, I'm afraid.
    Cannot wait for this exam to be over, don't even care if I pass or not. Just want my life back!

Network Hub
    I can do this thing.

Obscure Node
    I will try and make this, it will be my first foray in WvWvW!

Thanks for the fun event

Obscure Node
    Thanks guys that was most entertaining

Activated Node
    Fun, wasn't it? Keep an eye on the community forum and do one of Roo's events, they're nearly​ as good

Thank you to everyone who turned out for this on Saturday. I've posted a write-up on the community forum which I shall shamelessly copy and paste here...

I had a good time commanding last night. Started off at 8PM GMT going into EB with a group of around 10 RPS. To be honest, I thought that there would already be a commander on map and we could do our own thing.

However, when we loaded in we quickly discovered that there wasn't a commander around and we were outmanned.

So I announced our arrival in /T, put a tray of Omomomomomoberry bars down at spawn and headed off into the night. Our forces fenced with those of both FSP and AM, although I will say that the former were far more aggressive. FSP held SM (I bet that they still do) and were taking full advantage of their waypoint there. In quite a smart move, they were constantly trebbing Ogrewatch and Anzalias from SM and, when we attempted to counter-treb from our Overlook, they hit it hard and fast (although they didn't take the keep while we were on the map).

What I learned from EB is that FSP are opportunists. They successfully knocked our wall down at Ogrewatch at one point and AM tried to sneak in on it. FSP then proceeded to run in and wipe AM while they were still in the lords' room. In a similar situation, we managed to swoop round after re-taking Ogrewatch onto Durios Post, which was owned by AM at that point. FSP were also trebbing that from SM and, although we got in, FSP then proceeded to wipe us in the lord's room there.

Ultimately, we played well but ended up moving from EB back to our Borderlands since GH had lost everything but Hills at around 10PM GMT. We arrived just in time as we had breached the outer walls of Garrison. Despite the calls of 'We're wiping!' we were able to get the inner gate down with a few catapults and rams without too much bother.

I also noticed that Fab also had his tag on and I didn't surprise me that we were suddenly taking places back; some sort of strange magic happens when Fab and I are both on a map. OK, well maybe it's just Fab but regardless...

We set some trebs up at Garrison to attack Bay and then Fab and I merged our two zergs while re-taking Arah's Hope after he led a beautiful defence of Longview. By this point, Bay's walls had gone down and had been rebuilt, but Reallus had managed to sneak in while the walls were down and portalled our lovechild of a zerg right into the middle of the keep. A few moments later we were at the inner gate and a few moments after that, we were in the lord's room.

Good night in all. We managed to leave EB in the state that we found it and re-took some key places in our own Borderlands. Cheers to everyone!
    Last edited by Krathor; 24-02-2013 at 11:23 PM.
    Guild Wars 2: