Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Controllers are ruining esports.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    and maybe I'm too much of an optimist in regards to it coming to PC.

Schmuck.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

This thread is promising.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Ignoring amazingly silly comments, I wonder is this also part of the reason they've very recently stated that the online AH was a failure in game terms, that people didn't play the game to get gear upgrades, but rather only went to the AH for upgrades.

Where did he said it was having offline play? Local co-op does not mean you can do it offline. Once we see it at PAX East or someone asks the question directly, we still do not know. Be cool to have cross platform play but sounds doubtful, since you use your PSN friends list. "local co op and online co op" Offline was not said anywhere.

It's always "great" to see a company starting to sing a different song when they need to change something.
    Then they either should have never had it or had better loot mechanics. Who would not want the AH? Did millions really want to stick to wasting time in trade channels spamming WTB WTS WTT. There are websites that facility trade and auction systems using the web API to access your currently equipped items (since that is what the API only sees and not your inventory). But still that is an extra step.

That seemed a problem in Titan Quest. I could have the same item for a full play through since I never got a better drop. Sure I did a few repeat boss runs here and there (D2 style) but that is not nearly as fun as progressing through the game. With a RNG loot system you can not really gurantee said person will get consistent upgrades for their class. Or maybe because there is to many RNG options for loot to drop as in D3 that your chances of getting an upgrade is lowered by a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Schmuck.
    Oy vey, first the Nazi flag, and now you're using Yiddish insults. Nebbish pisher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    When I first heard it I thought he might mean offline as in your coop friends are also offline, rather than the entire game. Not sure though.
    Same, he did not say "offline" anywhere. Sadly, the interview guy did not ask it. PAX East or maybe a interview before that will answer the question.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So always online is a optional handicap.

It seems that you can shit all over PC gamers, but Sony and Microsoft don't let you do the same trick on console gamers.

How that make me feel?

Bad.

Like, Blizzard, fuck you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    So...

Blizzard has always-online gameplay: Evil, bad
    Blizzard gets rid of always-online gameplay: Evil, bad

See, THIS is why more companies don't bother to "fix their mistakes". Because even when they do, people are going to scream and hate them because HOW DARE THEY LISTEN TO US!!!!

And guys, that "freedom" that we always brag about on the PC? That freedom allows publishers and devs to do whatever they want, good and bad. The consoles have much stricter rules, and that results in limitations.
    That being said, it (probably) isn't Sony's policies. There are MMOs on the PS3 (sort of) and there are external DLC shops (which the AH would count as). This is Blizzard's decision (most likely).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Free Realms, DCO. Dust 514.

Then of course any multiplayer shooters.

Either way, I may consider the purchase at one point when its like $20. Be a fun party game. Although the problem is there is little other games vs the Wii where you would want to buy more than 2 controllers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    So...

Blizzard has always-online gameplay: Evil, bad
    Blizzard gets rid of always-online gameplay: Evil, bad

See, THIS is why more companies don't bother to "fix their mistakes". Because even when they do, people are going to scream and hate them because HOW DARE THEY LISTEN TO US!!!!
    They've not listened to us until they announce the removal of always-online requirement on PC.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Exactly. For an XBOX release there would definitely be problems (drastic rewrite to use Live I suspect), but for a PS3 (and probably PS4 since it is unlikely Sony will change policies too much)? No issue and even if there was, I am sure Blizzard falls into the same category Valve did: "Yeah... we'll bend the rules for you. BRING US MONEYS!!!"
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

OK... Firstly, there's talking to yourself. And then there's posting messages to yourself on an internet forum. Secondly, Oi... oi, oi, oi. The NSDAP party flag? Are you just testing the tolerance for Godwinning here?
    Whoa dude, calm down. I'm just messing with you. Just a little joke. Grammar Nazi, don't you get it? I'm not suggesting anything beyond that. Sorry, I'll use the "G" flag next time. No offense intended.

Why are you taking him seriously at all? He's made it very clear from his first post he's being as obtuse as possible.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    They've not listened to us until they announce the removal of always-online requirement on PC.

Entirely too few puppies in threads nowadays.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Herald View Post
    Whoa dude, calm down. I'm just messing with you. Just a little joke. Grammar Nazi, don't you get it? I'm not suggesting anything beyond that. Sorry, I'll use the "G" flag next time. No offense intended.
    I'm German and seeing that flag makes me think about the past. I will have to sue you for causing me emotional distress and adversely affecting my work performance. We shall see each other at court.

Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    I'm German and seeing that flag makes me think about the past. I will have to sue you for causing me emotional distress and adversely affecting my work performance. We shall see each other at court.
    I'm American and we know a thing or two about frivolous lawsuits.

I am an Attorney at Lawl, after all: I'll see you in court for wasting my client's time in court.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Herald View Post
    I'm Jew-ish and seeing the flag doesn't really bother me at all. But the descent into Godwinning is a terrible, terrible thing. Do we have no imagination these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    Why are you taking him seriously at all? He's made it very clear from his first post he's being as obtuse as possible.
    It's an internet vidya game forum... do we really have to be so serious all the time? I thought I made myself clear on my 3rd post... what's so terrible about the console version getting an offline mode? I'd rather be happy for the console players, than angry. And, perhaps, possibly, the offline mode will make it to the PC version... and then everyone can be happy, ne?
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Do you know where you are right now? What website you are on? What subject it mainly covers?

No one's angry at the console players, they're angry at Blizzard. Can you blame them?
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

what's so terrible about the console version getting an offline mode? I'd rather be happy for the console players, than angry. And, perhaps, possibly, the offline mode will make it to the PC version... and then everyone can be happy, ne?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Network Hub
    ...more and more like 4chan every day...