Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 141
  1. #41
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Unaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    No one's angry at the console players, they're angry at Blizzard. Can you blame them?
    I guess not... but them stepping back and adding the offline/local coop to the console version is a positive thing, no? It shows they're moving in the right direction. I'm only really seeing this as good news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

  2. #42
    Lesser Hivemind Node Shooop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    912
    It would be if only they had done it for the PC shortly after the release when almost no one could actually play the game.

    Doing it like this comes off as a, "Well fine, we'll give it to the guys who didn't ask because we hate you." kind of thing for a lot of people.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

  3. #43
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    It would be if only they had done it for the PC shortly after the release when almost no one could actually play the game.

    Doing it like this comes off as a, "Well fine, we'll give it to the guys who didn't ask because we hate you." kind of thing for a lot of people.
    Or they thought it was still salvageable.

    Take MS Office and "The Ribbon". EVERYONE hated it when it came out, and MS basically said "Piss off and try it". And Lo and behold, the Ribbon is actually a much more intuitive interface and now everyone except the people who memorized all the menus loves it.
    Of course, then you have Windows 8 which is garbage that Start8 (yay, Stardock) has salvaged for me on my new laptop.

    Also, this mentality is kind of why we get such crap ports. PC gamers are throwing hissy fits and screaming at injustice because the devs have improved their re-release. Yet they ALSO expect every PC release of a game to be vastly superior and have ninety nine million bells and whistles.

    How about this: Rather than throw a hissy fit and act like a petulant child, wait. CD projekt made the XBOX re-release of TW2 insanely pretty and awesome. AND they ported all that back to the PC. But they sure didn't say that when it was first announced and people were screaming "YARGH! HOW DARE THE XBOX GET AN AWESOME CUTSCENE OF (The Assassin of Kings) KILLING A KING!!!"
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The land of slain white knights
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by X_kot View Post
    ...more and more like 4chan every day...
    You mean more like Reddit, right?

  5. #45
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Or they thought it was still salvageable.
    What it's saying, gundato, is that every person who observed that ActiBliz's RMAH was exactly the DRM they took it for - and not, as argued, a "feature" with an unfortunate side-effect - was entirely, 100% correct.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  6. #46
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    What it's saying, gundato, is that every person who observed that ActiBliz's RMAH was exactly the DRM they took it for - and not, as argued, a "feature" with an unfortunate side-effect - was entirely, 100% correct.
    Or it was a feature that was found to not be what gamers want? Or, at least, not worth the problems?

    Or, most likely, it was a "nifty" game mechanic that also allowed them to shoehorn in a DRM model.

    And even if it WAS a pure evil action: They are changing the approach. Should they go to their grave having never acknowledged a mistake?
    Last edited by gundato; 22-02-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  7. #47
    It's a bad game anyway.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The land of slain white knights
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Or they thought it was still salvageable.

    Take MS Office and "The Ribbon". EVERYONE hated it when it came out, and MS basically said "Piss off and try it". And Lo and behold, the Ribbon is actually a much more intuitive interface and now everyone except the people who memorized all the menus loves it.
    Of course, then you have Windows 8 which is garbage that Start8 (yay, Stardock) has salvaged for me on my new laptop.

    Also, this mentality is kind of why we get such crap ports. PC gamers are throwing hissy fits and screaming at injustice because the devs have improved their re-release. Yet they ALSO expect every PC release of a game to be vastly superior and have ninety nine million bells and whistles.

    How about this: Rather than throw a hissy fit and act like a petulant child, wait. CD projekt made the XBOX re-release of TW2 insanely pretty and awesome. AND they ported all that back to the PC. But they sure didn't say that when it was first announced and people were screaming "YARGH! HOW DARE THE XBOX GET AN AWESOME CUTSCENE OF (The Assassin of Kings) KILLING A KING!!!"
    There does seem to be this trend that PC gamers are unable to detect that they aren't the primary market. Heck, PC gamers of certain variety can't even see when a PC game isn't for them, yet they demand it be made as perfect as their mind's eye sees it.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The land of slain white knights
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    It's a bad game anyway.
    It was good for about a week then it just became poop.

  10. #50
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    You mean more like Reddit, right?
    Gah, I need to update curmudgeon lingo.

  11. #51
    Lesser Hivemind Node Shooop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Or they thought it was still salvageable.

    Take MS Office and "The Ribbon". EVERYONE hated it when it came out, and MS basically said "Piss off and try it". And Lo and behold, the Ribbon is actually a much more intuitive interface and now everyone except the people who memorized all the menus loves it.
    Of course, then you have Windows 8 which is garbage that Start8 (yay, Stardock) has salvaged for me on my new laptop.

    Also, this mentality is kind of why we get such crap ports. PC gamers are throwing hissy fits and screaming at injustice because the devs have improved their re-release. Yet they ALSO expect every PC release of a game to be vastly superior and have ninety nine million bells and whistles.

    How about this: Rather than throw a hissy fit and act like a petulant child, wait. CD projekt made the XBOX re-release of TW2 insanely pretty and awesome. AND they ported all that back to the PC. But they sure didn't say that when it was first announced and people were screaming "YARGH! HOW DARE THE XBOX GET AN AWESOME CUTSCENE OF (The Assassin of Kings) KILLING A KING!!!"
    This isn't quite the same thing - it's not adding new content you can't get anywhere else it's taking something out of it that made the game actually unplayable for a lot of people. Something they should have done shortly after people started saying they couldn't play the game.

    And wasn't the chanced edition of The Witcher 2 announced for both platforms at the same time? I don't remember anything being said about anything being exclusive to either PC or Xbox.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

  12. #52
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,820
    PC gamers!, wait 3 days and look to the east. Sony the White will show with console gamers reinforcements to fight the DRM hordes from Mordor.

    Last edited by Tei; 22-02-2013 at 10:36 PM.

  13. #53
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    This isn't quite the same thing - it's not adding new content you can't get anywhere else it's taking something out of it that made the game actually unplayable for a lot of people. Something they should have done shortly after people started saying they couldn't play the game.
    We keep saying that D3 is "unplayable", but it was only buggered up briefly when the servers were overloaded. Beyond that, the target demographic all have always-on internet connections (and that is a pretty fair assumption to make). Its like arguing that all publishers should immediately release a DRM-free version of their new release if Steam's servers get overloaded because Valve released a TF2 update.

    Sadly, it is kind of a given that most online components of new (highly anticipated) releases will fail horribly for a few days. And I don't blame them for it because they will NEVER have that kind of load ever again, so paying for a second server farm is just stupid. And while it gives ammo to the complainers, everyone ignores those guys because they complain about too much stupid stuff :p

    I agree they should have added an offline mode, but they wanted the social factor (and the DRM model), and giving people an excuse to not interact just results in nobody talking (see The Old Republic which was the "singleplayer MMO" and failed horribly). I disagree with their approach (and I suspect their rationale wasn't "good"), but they were trying to push for something. So it is a very similar situation.

    And wasn't the chanced edition of The Witcher 2 announced for both platforms at the same time? I don't remember anything being said about anything being exclusive to either PC or Xbox.
    I don't remember the exact details, but I do recall there being a pretty big uproar over the cutscenes.

    I think it might have been that the EE was announced for all, but it wasn't clear if the PC was getting those cutscenes. But I guess the big difference was that people love CD Projekt and hate Blizzard, so we (mostly) had faith in CD Projekt and assume Blizzard are gonna rape a child.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  14. #54
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jolly Ole England
    Posts
    3,128
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Also, this mentality is kind of why we get such crap ports. PC gamers are throwing hissy fits and screaming at injustice because the devs have improved their re-release. Yet they ALSO expect every PC release of a game to be vastly superior and have ninety nine million bells and whistles.
    Are we still on about Dark Souls?

  15. #55
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    And even if it WAS a pure evil action: They are changing the approach.
    They're not changing their approach. DRM models such as that are unnecessary on consoles, as consoles are closed systems: The console itself is a DRM model. This isn't a change of heart; this is business as usual.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  16. #56
    Lesser Hivemind Node Shooop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    912
    So then the direction failed and they want to take the one they should have in the first place with the re-release? I think it was obvious enough after a few days the direction they took for the PC release wasn't going to work, but I'm not a game publisher. I have too much reason and logic.

    People used to love Blizzard. It was just of late because of some very poor decisions that love evaporated. Can't really say they've done anything to dispel that mistrust yet.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

  17. #57
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus c-Row's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Anus Mundi, Germany
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    We keep saying that D3 is "unplayable", but it was only buggered up briefly when the servers were overloaded. Beyond that, the target demographic all have always-on internet connections (and that is a pretty fair assumption to make)
    I do, but that still doesn't help if my connection is used for something else while playing D3. Their always-on DRM was a bad idea from the start (and still is) while not adding any benefit at all, and everybody vocally pointed this out to Blizzard. If it gets dropped from the console version it's not because they are admitting their mistake but because it is not needed on the PS4. I doubt this will be coming to PC.
    Last edited by c-Row; 22-02-2013 at 06:49 PM.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

  18. #58
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,331
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    I do, but that still doesn't help if my connection is used for something else while playing D3. Their always-on DRM was a bad idea from the start (and still is) while not adding any benefit at all, and everybody vocally pointed this out to Blizzard. If it gets dropped from the console version it's not because they are admitting their mistake but because it is not needed on the PS4. I doubt this will be coming to PC.
    To be fair, how much bandwidth does the game need? I can usually play Guild Wars 2 even while other people on the same network are streaming TV or "streaming" movies.

    But that is kind of the thing. There were people arguing that there was no point in ever making an MMO and look how that genre turned out? There were people who HATED the ribbon and now it is the standard (to the point there are even mods for LibreOffice to add a Ribbon in). Then there is uplay and Windows 8 and assymetric multiplayer that people tend to just say "Yuck" and walk away from.

    You never know if something is gonna work until you try and, as this thread alone should show, you need to deal with the jackasses who are going to inherently hate it no matter what you do. It is like feeding a baby. At first, that kid won't want anything but a boob. But eventually, it will eat strained peas and later mushy carrots and all that other stuff that is awesome when used as dip for doritos.

    Time will tell if it comes back to the PC. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. But rather than assuming the wrost, try being positive. Or, if the game truly is as garbage as everyone says: Who cares?
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  19. #59
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,545
    Why was there a huge uproar over Diablo 3's initial server issues but Path of Exile's problems are mostly ignored?
    It can't be a question of "but GGG is a small indie developer". The issue is exactly the same: both companies underestimated their server loads. PoE has less than a hundredth of D3's audience. They still failed. How are the situations not comparable?
    Is it because PoE has a couple of hub areas, thus giving the illusion of a MMO, like Guild Wars did back then?

  20. #60
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,090
    The sad truth:

    In comparison with Diablo, next to nobody cares about Path of Exile.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •