Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeVadder View Post
    I mean, i suppose that making a Game of the Year does indeed add to your handsomeness.
    I shall have to try that, it may be my only hope.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

now that is an idea to tell to my wife
    'you want me different? then buy the DLC'

Quote Originally Posted by BigBobr99 View Post
    Well, I'm terrible at Upload which seems to be what we'll end up playing. So my goal for the season is to avoid relegation :)
    I think I have 1 Upload match under my belt and I lost that so...

Quote Originally Posted by Maetco View Post
    I think I have 1 Upload match under my belt and I lost that so...
    I had a few all won, played a few today, all lost. The tides turning and I dont like it.

My vote goes to:

3.Game 209786 SergBeaver vs Majic

I very much enjoyed:

4.Game 663476 Maetco vs Cimethink

3.Game 209786 SergBeaver vs Majic (shows what boldness and anticipation can do against a skilled opponent)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7ZeU...ature=youtu.be
    This one gets my vote.

Activated Node
    You are all bastards

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by wererogue View Post
    I very much enjoyed:

4.Game 663476 Maetco vs Cimethink
    Except you. You're cool.

Activated Node
    Sorry, radiant, it was very lucky game for my. But still...
    I'll vote for game BigBobr99 against Maetco becose it was final of 1 division.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiant View Post
    You are all bastards
    ?
    I believe i am in fact not.

Did i miss something?
    Currently playing Supraball, Titanfall, Wildstar and Eve.
    If you happen to like or be interested in fw or general lowsec shenanigans in Eve, say "o/". Name is De'Vadder there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Everyone seems to like watching him get beat. He's just feeling a bit grumpy.

Activated Node
    Ah guys I'm just joking around.

Swearing is half my power.
    The other half being sarcasm and sexual innuendo.

I really need to add more smiliee emoticons to my forum posts.
    Btw someone needs to teach me how to play upload!
    Last edited by Radiant; 01-03-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiant View Post
    Btw someone needs to teach me how to play upload!
    Shoot enemy hacker whilst protecting yours. Profit.

I've yet to play Upload and I don't intend to do so before we start. It'll add a frisson of "what the fuck's going on" to the proceedings. Confusion is a familiar state; I wear it like a comfy jumper.

3.Game 209786 SergBeaver vs Majic (shows what boldness and anticipation can do against a skilled opponent)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7ZeU...ature=youtu.be
    This one gets my vote. The shotgunner is an aggressive dude, we all know, but it was such a joy to watch how he traversed the whole field to get that box. yeah, you can call me bastard... the rushin' bastard :)

Activated Node
    Yes!
    It's the little things.
    If you look at my rocket moves. I knew that cluster of cover was going to have some units amongst it so I got my rpg in to position in turn 1.

I fired and then used him as bait to freeze any runners in round two [notice I duck to break weapons lock] then got him in position to fire at the sg I saw in the centre rooms.

GREAT rocket from vb to take out my sg. [Did he know he was there? I thought I hid his run]

From there I was trying to salvage a bad position and give my mgs enough coverage of the map by blowing away buildings.

After I spotted his sg run I had to try and get as much of that section uncovered to my mgs as well as try and give them as much protection as I could from the on rushing sg. If only I was 1-2 millimeters to the right!

I didn't know the win conditions so the end of the game was quite abrupt :(

Good stuff by VB out thought me in this game and demolished my team in the other.

Pesky kids!

Yeah, I think I'll have to put my vote in for 3.Game 209786 SergBeaver vs Majic as well...

Tempted to vote for the game I was actually involved in, but watching it with Rond's dudes visible makes my rocket-dude's flailings seem a bit misguided...

Suddenly... Season 18!

Here are the tables for Season 18. It's your responsibility to issue a challenge for each time you're listed as Player 1 in this list. Instructions will follow in the next post.

In a new twist on the normal procedure, while we're only playing each opponent once you may choose to reverse any challenge you receive if you think it's unbalanced - it shouldn't be, as Upload is probably the fairest mode after Symmetric Extermination, but you can if you like. Again, instructions will be in the next post.

Game rules and league procedures

1) Each game must conform to the following settings:

Mode: Dark Upload
    Turn limit: 15 turns
    Turn duration: five seconds per turn (i.e. 5000 milliseconds - this is the default setting)
    Visibility: vis at time zero
    Team strength: four men per player
    Mutators: at the challenger's discretion
    Server: UK1 is preferred, but any is acceptable

Any game that does not conform to these rules will be void and must be replayed (although certain exceptions will be allowed - see the next post). You may not reuse maps - a new map must be generated for each opponent. Please see the next post if you're not sure how to create a game with the correct settings, and post in this thread if you are in any doubt.

2) After creating each game the challenger must announce the challenge in this thread. Format: "Player1 has challenged Player2 in game X".

Example: "ColOfNature has challenged Xune in 123456"

3) After each game has been completed, Player 1 must report the result in this thread. Standard format: "Winner has defeated Opponent in game game X with a score of Y".

Example: "Xune has defeated ColOfNature in game 123456 with a score of 90".

In the event of a draw, the format is "Player1 and Player2 have drawn in game X"

Example: "ColOfNature and Xune have drawn in game 123456"

I will update the spreadsheet with the result of each game. Scores will be as normal: 3 pts for a win, 1 for a draw.

4) Challengers may start issuing their challenges from today (Saturday 02 March). All games should be completed by the end of Sunday 17 March, although extensions are almost a certainty.

5) We're all reasonable people, when pressed, so some flexibility will be applied. If you're going to be on holiday, or travelling to distant worlds, or otherwise restricted in your availability, please post in this thread and we will try to accommodate you as far as is reasonably practical.

6) Try to start your games in the first week and finish them early. Players leaving it to the last minute to issue a challenge or submit orders risk forfeiting the game. If any game is unfinished by the deadline I will declare both parties personae-non-grata and award your points to whoever strikes me as most deserving, by whatever criteria I consider appropriate at the time.

7) Any circumstances not catered for in these rules will be handled according to some combination of common sense, consensus, iron-fisted authoritarianism and whim. Mostly the latter.

Finally, a polite reminder that although PMing your email address to me is optional, it will make organisation easier so please consider doing so if you haven't already.

The divisions and rules for season 19 will be arranged some time after the close of season 18.

Also, if I've missed anything important or anything isn't clear then post below, PM me or email me either at ColOfNature or RockPaperSynapse on gmail to let me know.

Good luck!

How to issue a challenge

1) Log in to the server (usually UK1, although you may choose/be asked to use a different server - please let me know if this is the case when announcing the match)
    2) Click the 'Online' button at the top of the screen
    3) Click 'Create a game'
    4) Click the 'Advanced setup' button
    5) Click the 'Generate Upload' button
    6) As far as I can tell the teams are always the same and the maps are quite well balanced, but if it doesn't look right then repeat step 5 until you're satisfied.
    7) Click the 'Continue' button
    8) Ensure that the 'Game mode' is set to 'Upload'
    9) Ensure that the 'Vis mode' is set to 'Vis at time zero'
    10) Ensure that the 'Turn limit' is set to 15 and the 'Turn length' to 5000.
    11) Activate Mutators, if you like.
    12) Enter your opponent's username (and make sure "I play side 1" is selected immediately below this).
    13) Enter 'RPS League' or something suitable so that your opponent knows it's for this league
    14) Click the 'Submit' button
    15) Take your first turn and note the challenge in this thread, using the format in the post directly above this one

To reverse a challenge if you think it's unfair:
    1) Make a note of the game number and which mutators are active
    2) Find the map file in your Frozen Synapse install folder, e.g. "\FrozenSynapse\psychoff\data\encounters\
    refGAMENUMBERHERE.enc" and copy it to the folder "\FrozenSynapse\psychoff\data\userlevels\"
    3) Follow steps 1 to 5 above, then click the Load Level button.
    4) Enter the name of the map, e.g. "refGAMENUMBERHERE" (I think you can omit the .enc extension).
    5) Follow steps 7 onwards above - don't forget to activate the same mutators as your opponent had.

If anything goes wrong, don't worry! Just issue the correct challenges and let your opponent know which is the correct game so they can ignore the faulty one(s!) (which will eventually be deleted from your list if no-one takes a turn, and can be hidden until this happens).

Notes
    There have been some individual requests in past rounds which I'm happy to allow in principle:

Firstly, Maetco and raeynn prefer their matches to have identical teams so if you don't mind doing so you can edit the units in the setup screen so that both teams contain the same units. I think this will be a non-issue with Upload, but I'll leave it in anyway.

Secondly, due to Radiant/Majic's very high ranking on server UK1 and the fact that playing game modes other than Extermination will artificially increase his overall ranking still further (for complicated reasons which I'm sure he'll explain if asked, although there's some discussion of it in the Season 16 thread), he'd prefer to play any games on the Texas server.

Compliance with these requests is optional, but appreciated. If you have any requests which would not fundamentally alter the nature of the tournament or provide you with an unfair advantage they will be given due consideration.

And finally: I think everyone has the DLC already but if you suddenly discover you don't then let me know, as I have a couple of extra copies that I picked up in the last Steam sale just in case.
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 05-03-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: i can't spel