Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Network Hub

Crusader Kings II

I've been wanting to play some Crusader Kings II on multiplayer? There was a thread for this but it seems to have died out.

I mostly play with CK2+ and all the DLC's except for the Aztec one, but we can figure out what to use when playing.

Anyway, anyone interested?

Sorry, I only play that in LAN with a good friend and collegue of mine. But it is interesting to note: only the host needs to have the DLCs for all players involved to be able to play them. Found that out yesterday, only after buying all expansions for me and my LAN account.

Arrr.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Obscure Node
    I would love to play some CK 2

Obscure Node
    Heya, both me and my girlfriend play the game from time to time and I think we would be up for some online sessions with you. We're actually staying away from home for the next week but perhaps we could try a game sometime in the week after next? We're both still a bit green with the game so don't expect too much from us, but it would be fun all the same.

My steam id is 'Naetharu' if you want to add me?

Obscure Node
    My name on steam is Wildthunder with the picture of vivi from final fantasy 9

I'd be interested in this, although I'm fairly new and haven't tried th eexpansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

I think the most important expansion is the rome one, as it adds standing armies. All the others just let you play more rulers with different playstyles.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Obscure Node
    I would be interested, too. I'm 'siriusacht' on Steam.

Obscure Node
    What time would be good for everyone I am free all weekend except for Saturdays.

Obscure Node
    So what time should we setup to play and who wants to host it. Being on a uni connection I don't think I will be able to host it.

Once I get my PC back, I'm in. And in a few months I'll be re-establishing my T1 connection, so I could host for everything. Massive bandwidth for everyone!! And by then I shall be free all of the time. If anyone is still interested, that is.

Obscure Node
    Yea sounds great TheIronSky now we just need to consolidate all the people who are interested and find a time that works out for most of the people interested.

Activated Node
    I would absolutely be interested in this, have never played ck2 in multiplayer before

Quote Originally Posted by Bhagan View Post
    I would absolutely be interested in this, have never played ck2 in multiplayer before
    Its a blast. Its sometimes hard to help out a fellow player, as you still need casus belli and relationship values are still important, but generally, you can devise tactics to help them out regardless.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Obscure Node
    So who wants to host the game and when?

Activated Node
    Bah, for the life of me I can't seem to connect to the metaserver. I'm on a mac. I've got 1630 to 1641 port forwarded for my static IP. I made sure the metaserver has my password set. It looks like my firewall shouldn't be causing any issues either so I have no idea what else could be causing the problem... any ideas?

Does anybody have any interest in picking this back up? I've never played CK2 multiplayer before, but I'll bet it's a blast!

Not played CK2 too much but would certainly be very interested in joining in with a game should one get going.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Sorry, I only play that in LAN with a good friend and collegue of mine. But it is interesting to note: only the host needs to have the DLCs for all players involved to be able to play them. Found that out yesterday, only after buying all expansions for me and my LAN account.

Arrr.
    The core changes of the DLCs get patched into the main game for all owners of CK2. So things like the Old Gods pillaging and pagan kingdoms will exist in-game for all players, even if they do not own the Old Gods DLC. What buying the DLC allows you to do is actually play as those added components (trading empires, pagan kingdoms, Islamic kingdoms etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Bhagan View Post
    Bah, for the life of me I can't seem to connect to the metaserver. I'm on a mac. I've got 1630 to 1641 port forwarded for my static IP. I made sure the metaserver has my password set. It looks like my firewall shouldn't be causing any issues either so I have no idea what else could be causing the problem... any ideas?
    It's been broken for as long as I can remember, your best bet is to use direct IP connection with whoever you want to play with.

Some advice for internet MP: don't set the speed of the game higher than x2 or you will risk a desynchronisation. If a desynch occurs, all players will need to restart the game before trying to reconnect to the host or you will get an error message.