Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    They have power on 1. See also Rune of the Mesmer.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Weird. They're more expensive than the Major Runes of the Fighter, too. Superior Fighters are on the expensive side for runes, but the price of the minors makes little sense...

Maybe everybody buys them for low-level alts? That explains some odd price fluctuations in low-level weapons and armor.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Network Hub
    if that's the case then we may be seeing the price fluctuation start to climb through the level ranks as the alts level up (on average of course).

Actually, I don't even know. There are other much cheaper runes with power on 1. Maybe they come from less common bags or they aren't in the loot table for green items so the price of crystal actually influences them.

Do we know if Mini Reef Riders will continue to be available after tomorrow? If not, buy them now. The price is already rising (2.1g when I bought yesterday, 2.7g now)

Nobody will care about a reef rider mini in a month's time.

Network Hub
    People are WEIRD when it comes to mini pets..
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

Yeah, they really are. cf mini karka going for 100+gold.

But those were already rare when the karka event was on.

True. I guess we'll see.

There's been a spike on garnet pebbles, oddly (immediate sell price 3s 60c) so if you have any sitting in the bank, it's a good time to sell.

This is extremely unusual. Did someone datamine a recipe of some kind?

Perhaps -- but these things are usually ill-judged attempts to manipulate the market. Supply fell from 8000 to 160 early this morning, suggesting a mass buyout.

Network Hub
    http://www.gw2tp.net/items/20669-mini-reef-rider HUGE difference in price of this mini in the last few hours. What happened there?
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

I bought several stacks of Zhaitaffy at 8c a piece (from sell orders), and they're up to 14 right now. They will probably go a little bit higher, but I'd be surprised if they go beyond 20c. I'm out with about 50s profit for no effort though.

Activated Node
    I know that is technically the flipping thread, but I figured this is probably the best place for this.
    Over the last few days I've made a fairly decent amount of cash by crafting superior runes - the selling prices are fairly steady - and due to the high price of some constituents, careful use of buy orders can really open up some nice profit. As with everything there is some risk, especially with the high outlay prior to crafting, but prices seem steady enough on most runes that I've yet to be caught out. Anyway, an example:
    Crafting a Superior rune of the Ranger requires:
    1 Onyx Lodestone at ~1.25G (Using buy orders)
    1 Vicious Fang ~ 0.17.30G (These can be a bit variable - also using buy orders)
    1 Cured Hardened Leather Square ~36C (No point in a buy order, really)

Altogether the materials come to, roughly 1.43G. The price of Superior Runes of the Ranger on the TP never deviates much from 2G, meaning that, even with the TP cut, profit is ~27S - 19% of the outlay. This is kinda nice, and seems to very steady - although sometimes you can be undercut by a large number of runes and made to sit a few days to wait for the money to come in. Make sure to check other runes too - the requirement for expensive components means that a simple buy order can double your profit.

With the announcement regarding crafting precursors, keep an eye on the prices for precursors on the TP. Good chance they'll plummet a little before recovering when it becomes obvious that we aren't getting this feature anytime soon...

Network Hub
    Anyone looking to make money on the trading post might do well to read this as a warning: http://www.guildmag.com/magazine/issue9/mirage.htm

Uff, that's a wall-o-text if I've ever seen one. Could you give a brief summary? I skimmed the article but am not sure if it really applies to the TP, at least not to flipping, which is the predominant way of making money off of it. Mystic Forge is a key word I've noticed here and there, but it's not really news that the MF is an incredibly harsh mistress.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I read the whole thing, and his point is that he can make very easily 7-8 gold though the mystic forge (much more than through flipping with an equivalent amount of gold) and that the GW 2 economy is designed for iPhone users - and is fundamentally broken.

there is a lot more to it, but basically he is saying that the economy pretty much works on percieved value rather than supply and demand. Also points out that as soon as someone posts their 'guide' on the web then that guide becomes useless.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera